|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The standard Obliterator Bot is a fifty foot tall humanoid robot. It has a black frame with thick red plating on its legs, arms, front pelvis and back, and yellow two-toed feet. On each shoulder it has a large cyan bulb. It has a toothless chainsaw for its right hand and a two-fingered pincher for its left hand. Around its shoulders and each "hand" it is adorned with yellow hazard stripes, and on top of each shoulder and down behind its back it has a blocky speaker and an engine exhaust. It also possesses a blocky head with a large lower jaw, cyan eyes and a mining helmet-like plating on top.
A later iteration of Obliterator Bot had its chainsaw and pincher replaced with actual hands. It also had spikes on its gauntlets and yellow shoulders. Another Obliterator Bot iteration used for Bot Racing is a lot smaller, and has a drill for a left hand instead of a chainsaw and a yellow-striped pincher for a right hand. Most of its outer armor is also colored blue, while its forehead and feet are yellow.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
In Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, a scaled-down Obliterator Bot was chosen as one of Dr. Eggman's EggBot Racers to beat Sonic in a racing competition. With Eggman's new Ragnium fuel (along with other upgrades), Obliterator Bot gained a massive speed boost. When his turn came to race Sonic, however, Obliterator Bot proved no match for Sonic.
Obliterator Bot was first summoned by Dr. Eggman to eliminate Team Sonic as a part of an evil plot. Mishearing Eggman's order due to some system bugs however, Obliterator attacked Eggman's lair instead. As Team Sonic arrived, having been convinced by Eggman to stop it, Obliterator Bot was distracted by Knuckles, Amy and Sticks while Sonic, Tails and Eggman reached its kill switches in the lair. Now disabled, Obliterator Bot had its head knocked off with a metal plate by Sonic.
Obliterator Bot later returned to play a role in Eggman's mind-enslavement movie. During the filming though, where Obliterator Bot attacked the villagers, Sonic and Tails stopped it by knocking its head off with an Enerbeam combo. Obliterator Bot was soon after rebuilt in time to watch the movie's premiere, but when the movie turned out a failure, it was sent away by Eggman. Another time, while Eggman kept Sonic at bay when they competed in Bro-Down Showdown, Obliterator Bot tried to destroy the Village. If Sonic faced the robot, he would be disqualified. When Knuckles tried fighting Obliterator Bot alone though, Sonic stopped it from killing Knuckles. The heroes then took the robot down, though not before it fired a missile that destroyed Amy's couch.
Eggman soon created a new Obliterator Bot with a laser superweapon which he tested on the Village. However, Team Sonic arrived and defeated Obliterator Bot by frying its processor with its own laser.
The classic Obliterator Bot was eventually taken with Eggman on an attack on Tommy Thunder. When Sonic came to Tommy's rescue though, he tricked Obliterator Bot to slice off its arm before tying it up with an Enerbeam. The robot would soon after serve as Eggman's bodyguard while he sold out spots in his underground bunker to the villagers. Another time, Obliterator Bot participated in a battle with Team Sonic where it got its head knocked off by Sonic's spin attack. Rebuild, Obliterator Bot was summoned by Eggman to get through the Unnamed Village's new defense, but ended up sending Eggman flying and shooting its own head off.
Getting fed up with Eggman's callous treatment, Obliterator Bot joined Orbot and Cubot's strike action while also scorning Eggman's replacement lackeys. As it was about to give up though, Eggman cracked and agreed to treat it better (but still without respect).
Under normal circumstances, Obliterator Bot is single-minded, ruthless in battle, and unwaveringly dedicated to Dr. Eggman's orders. While this behavior indicates a lack of sentience, Obliterator Bot does possess free will and emotional capabilities, allowing it to make its own choices and express things like dislikes and anger. However, it is weak-willed and depends on Eggman to avoid being sent to the scrapheap, meaning it cannot act independently for long before coming groveling back to the doctor.
Due to kinks in its initial programming, Obliterator Bot was not a very good listener, either completely mishearing or ignoring Eggman's orders. This problem has since been fixed.
Powers and abilities
Obliterator Bot has high physical strength, capable of toppling large trees, smashing metal bare-handed and throwing large boulders with ease. It has also demonstrated impressive durability, enough to be unfazed by even Knuckles' strength.
The standard Obliterator possesses several type of armaments. This includes a chainsaw-like weapon which can cut right through metal, a laser cannon in its pincher, and missile launchers powerful enough to fell whole Ferris wheels. It is also equipped with sound systems on its shoulders which can not only play music, but also unleash powerful sound waves with concussive force.
A later iteration of Obliterator was equipped with a magnifying glass-based wrist cannon which could concentrate solar rays into a deadly laser.
- In all the instances where Obliterator Bot fought Team Sonic in the first season of the television series (and most of season two), the robot was defeated by an attack to the head.
- Obliterator Bot has its own ignition keys.
- When Obliterator Bot gets angry, its eyes glow red.
- Obliterator Bot's body is used for the design of Decimator Bot.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.