Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Huge refineries were made by Dr. Eggman to collect the resources of this Zone. Sonic and Tails mut be careful as many traps await including Sand storms, quicksand, huge sand-filling tanks, etc.
— Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II English website
Oil Desert Zone is the third Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II. It is an oil refinery within a shifting desert that, appearance-wise, is a hybrid of Oil Ocean Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sandopolis Zone from Sonic & Knuckles. It even takes some ideas from both zones, such as oil slides and rising sand sections.
- Act 1 - Through the Sandstorm
- Act 2 - Beneath the Sands
- Act 3 - A Crude Trap
- Boss - A Giant Born of Scrap Metal
Act 1 - Through the Sandstorm
After destroying the Egg Serpentleaf at Sylvania Castle, a strange oil refinery built in the middle of a desert becomes apparent to Sonic and Tails. Suddenly, a sandstorm picks up, but will that stop Sonic and Tails from getting out of the oil refinery and through the raging sands?
Act 2 - Beneath the Sands
Following the sandstorm from Act 1, the two come across the oil part of the desert. With oil slides and quicksand pools in their path, will the unstoppable duo make it through this strange refinery?
Act 3 - A Crude Trap
Strangely the oil refinery has turned into a garbage dump with overfilled oil pools, sand slides, and rising sand areas reminiscent of Sandopolis Zone. Will the duo make it out of the garbage dump alive?
Boss - A Giant Born of Scrap Metal
After making it out of the rising sand area, Sonic and Tails come across Eggman inside a huge oil drum. The evil mastermind pulls out a magnet installed to his hovercraft, and dives in a bunch of scrap metal. Soon, a new machine made out of scrap bursts out of the scrap heap in attempt to defaat the duo once again.
- The music for Act 1 has the same drumbeat of Metropolis Zone from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
- The music in Act 2 became a meme among fans, due to the instrument at the beginning resembling "dying ducks."
- In Act 3, the Oil Refinery has turned into a garbage dump, although it is unknown why.
- The music in the first act of the zone is similar to the music from the first act of Lost Labyrinth Zone.
|Oil Desert Zone Act 1||Jun Senoue||1:33|
|Oil Desert Zone Act 2||Jun Senoue||1:49|
|Oil Desert Zone Act 3||Jun Senoue||1:42|