|This exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
When the Ultimate Annihilator was fired at its control room, it caused a system crash that overloaded the weapon and unleashed the omega wave across Mobius. It had numerous effects, including weakening the barriers between some Zones and the Prime Zone, which allowed the Dark Legion to return to Mobius and also set the stage for the return of Echidnaopolis, its populace, and the Dingo Regime. The wave also restored the free will of many of the Robians, but not all its effects were so beneficial. Verti-Cal and Horizont-Al's Zone was broken down to its base elements, and the effect transformed Horizont-Al and Verti-CalAl into vicious automatons who liked nothing better than to war with each other.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Ultimate Annihilator"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #50, "The Big Goodbye"
- ↑ Knuckles the Echidna #1, "The Dark Legion Book One: Army of Darkness"
- ↑ Knuckles the Echidna #5, "Lost Paradise Part Two of Three: Fallout"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #75, "I Am the Eggman!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #59, "Opposites D•e•t•r•a•c•t"