Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Omnipotent Omni-Viewer, or Omni for short, is a character that appears in the Sonic the Comic series published by Fleetway Editions. He was a sentient (and omniscient) energy field and a native of the Special Zone. He was the founder and guiding force for the Chaotix in Fleetway's Sonic the Comic. Omni resembled a floating flat-panel television with a force field instead of a screen, and a face formed out of deviations on its surface. He first appeared in Sonic the Comic #8.
Powers and abilities
- Displaying images on his screen from any time and place;
- Travelling anywhere in the Special Zone or Mobius instantaneously (or transporting other characters if they pass into his energy field);
- Travelling backwards and forwards in time; and
- Decelerating time within his energy field.
Some time before the beginning of the series, the Omni-Viewer befriended Sonic the Hedgehog, possibly on one of the two occasions in which Sonic collected the Chaos Emeralds. However it happened, by the time of Omni's first appearance in the series, the two were old friends.
However, when Doctor Robotnik set up his Egg Fortress in the Special Zone, he also managed to take control of the Zone's inhabitants, including Omni. When Sonic brought his friends (Tails, Porker Lewis, and Johnny Lightfoot) to Omni so that they could learn how he had got his powers, the Omni-Viewer was forced by Robotnik to transport Sonic and his friends into the future, thereby allowing the evil scientist to take over Planet Mobius. However, the Omni-Viewer managed to trick Robotnik by merely sending Sonic six months into the future, thus obeying Robotnik while leaving Sonic in a position to set things right and defeat him later.
After Robotnik abandoned his base, Omni regained his independence and formed the Chaotix as Guardians of the Special Zone. The team's original roster included Vector the Crocodile, Mighty the Armadillo, Espio the Chameleon, Charmy Bee, and Nack the Weasel (although Nack later betrayed the team). He summoned Chaotix to fight Knuckles the Echidna, falsely believing that Knuckles still worked for Robotnik, although later realised his error and called them off.
The Brotherhood of Metallix once managed to hack into and duplicate Omni's systems, creating the Main Viewer, allowing them to travel back in time to prevent the ROCC accident that transformed Ovi Kintobor into Ivo Robotnik. Their plan was thwarted by a time-travelling Sonic.
When Super Sonic, a murderous and powerful entity, was give independent existence from Sonic, Omni attempted to imprison Super Sonic within his energy field by stopping time. However, Super Sonic's fingertips remained outside the energy field and Omni was unable to stop time completely, only slow it to a crawl. As an additional precaution, Sonic and Chaotix sealed Omni (and hence Super Sonic) within the Black Asteroid. Somehow, Super Sonic realised what was happening and began to charge himself up like an electron bomb. This both forced the Omni-Viewer to release him and heated the Black Asteroid up to millions of degrees, building up enough power to cause a massive explosion. At the last moment, Omni teleported the Black Asteroid from the Special Zone to Mobius, where the resulting electromagnetic pulse wiped out all electronic systems on the planet, thereby destroying every Badnik on the planet and ending Robotnik's rule.
Although Omni did not appear again in person, he continued to transport people between Mobius and the Special Zone. He transported Knuckles and Porker Lewis from the Special Zone to Mobius when they were stranded, and brought Sonic to the Special Zone on the invitation of Vector. After this, Sonic and Chaotix agreed to set up an Omni-Door to make transport between the two dimensions easier.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic the Comic #8, "The Origin of Sonic"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Comic #53, "Total Chaotix, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) and Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #4, "Day of the Badniks"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #9, "Back to Reality"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #54, "Total Chaotix, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #58, "Total Chaotix, Part 6"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #71, "The Return of Chaotix, Part 5"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #86, "Heroes & Villains, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #88, "The Ultimate Nightmare"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #89 and #90, "The Tomb"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #98, "Doomsday, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #99, "Doomsday, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #100, "The Final Victory"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #125, "Order & Chaos, Part 3"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #134, "Back in the Special Zone"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #135, "Roots, Part 1"