|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Overclocked Nicole is a transformation that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a transformation of Nicole the Holo-Lynx, achieved by hooking up a Red Star Ring to her handheld.
While Nicole's handheld remains unchanged, her lynx avatar undergoes a somewhat drastic change. Her fur and black face markings turns pink and white respectively, her hair becomes white with hints of pink and her eyes turn red. Her avatar's attire also changes, becoming entirely pink and white. Additionally, her hair and fur stand slightly on end while the tips of her ears become larger and spikier, spiky fringes appear on her gloves and socks' cuffs, and she gains Red Star Ring-shaped buttons, with another taking the place of the jewel on her necklace.
Shattered World Crisis
While fighting against Phage and her minions, Nicole and Sally Acorn were barely holding their own until, in the real world, Dr. Ellidy inserted a Red Star Ring into Nicole's handheld, transforming the Holo-Lynx into Overclocked Nicole. With one simple swoosh, Nicole destroyed Phage's minions and locked up Phage away from Ellidy's computers, ending the virus' control of Isolated Island.
In the final race to fix the shattered world, Nicole took on the form again not long after, when Phage and the Tails Doll disabled the Sky Patrol's security system, as part of the Eggman Empire's effort to kidnap Chip. When Phage attacked her, Nicole asked Tails to give her a Red Star Ring so she could become Overclocked Nicole and fight back. Phage, however, was only stalling for time and led her on a wild goose chase instead of fighting. Nicole ended up being overwhelmed by the power of her new form while Phage escaped, her mission complete. Nicole survived the ordeal, but her handheld was destroyed by the Red Star Ring.
Powers and abilities
While in this form, Nicole possesses the same abilities as her usual form, but greatly enhanced; within the Digital World with one fell swoop, she was able to obliterate Phage's minions and lock up Phage, who-even while injured-proved too strong for Nicole to overcome in her normal state, instantaneously.
The power granted by this transformation is risky for Nicole to maintain in the long run. If the Red Star Ring stays plugged into her handheld for too long, its energies will eventually overwhelm Nicole, causing her lynx avatar physical strain and her handheld to overheat.
- Overclocked Nicole is the first transformation achieved by a non-Sega Sonic female character and the second by a female character in the comics overall; the first is Burning Blaze.
- The "Overclocked" part of Nicole's name is likely both a reference to the fact that Nicole is a computer AI and also the computer term, overclocking, which is a process of altering a computers hardware, most commonly the CPU/Processor in order to increase its performance and make it operate faster than what was originally intended by the manufacturer.
- According to Aleah Baker, Overclocked Nicole was not intended as a traditional super transformation, but more some sort of transformation along the lines like Darkspine Sonic.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #74, "Spark of Life - Part Four"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #284, "Panic In The Sky Part One: The Best Laid Plans"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic In The Sky Part Two: Falling into Place"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Aleah Baker (21 March 2015). Ask Lea Stuff and Things. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.