|This article is about a subject in the real world.|
Information in this article is about real-life people, companies and objects, and does not relate to the in-universe Sonic series.
The PlayStation 2 is a video game console made by Sony in 2000, and seven Sonic the Hedgehog series games were available for the system (including three from Sega featuring Sonic). It's referred to as PS2 for short. Its successor was the PlayStation 3 and its predecessor was the PlayStation, for which no Sonic games were released (Sega was still manufacturing their own consoles at the time).
Sonic game list
- Sonic Heroes
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic Gems Collection (Japan and Europe only)
- Sonic Riders
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
- Sonic Unleashed
Sega Games featuring Sonic
- E-123 Omega
- Egg Pawn
- Neo Metal Sonic
- Black Doom
- Jet the Hawk
- Storm the Albatross
- Wave the Swallow
- Dark Gaia
- Sonic the Werehog
- Professor Pickle
Box artwork gallery
- The PlayStation 2's life-cycle was a total of 13 years (2000-2013).
- The PS2 has over 1,850 games available.
- This is the first console to have a DVD drive.
- Sega Superstars is the only Sonic-related game exclusive to the PS2 that comes with the EyeToy camera.
- Sonic Heroes was the first Sonic game to appear on a Sony console.
- PS2 versions of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection Plus had a few problems that other versions of the games didn't have. Sonic Heroes had camera and framerate problems and Sonic Mega Collection Plus had audio problems. Sonic Team may have had some development problems due to lack of experience making games for the PS2.
- The PS2 version of Sonic Gems Collection was released in Japan and Europe, but the U.S. version was never released for unknown reasons.
- The sixth generation of video game consoles ended on January 4, 2013 worldwide with the discontinuation of the PS2. This means Sonic Unleashed was the last Sonic game to be released on the PlayStation 2.