Planet Wisp (プラネットウィスプ Puranettou~isupu?) is the fourth, fifth, or sixth stage in Sonic Colors (depending which stage the player chooses). It appears to be the homeworld of the Wisps. The planet has been occupied by Eggman, who is reconstructing the planet for use in his Interstellar Amusement Park. Being a construction site, the level has large amounts of Eggman's machinery, tearing apart the original plant life and rock and replacing it with red steel. The Egg Pawns have a construction worker outfit in this level. The planet is "off-limits" to visitors, since it's not dangerous enough yet. This level has 6 acts (2 in the DS version) and a boss.
Eggman doesn't make any in-game announcements in this stage, since visitors aren't supposed to be there.
This area's boss is called Refreshinator. It is quite similar to Tropical Resort's Big Boy, as it resembles a one-eyed, long-armed robot climbing on a ferris wheel. However, this boss is more difficult, with quicker attacks and circular platforms. Sonic can use Pink Spikes to stay on the platforms. Refreshinator's eye is its weak point, and can only be damaged when it is open. When the boss closes its eye, it fires lasers in several directions that rotate around the wheel, causing the platforms to spin. It usually takes four hits to defeat Refreshinator, but it can be defeated in two hits using Pink Spikes.
On the DS, the boss is a variation of the Globotron called Drillinator. It has two drills that spin around on its arms. It can also launch the drills up in the air and make them spin around the stage. After boosting into it, Sonic will obtain the Yellow Drill Wisp, allowing him to dig beneath the main platform and hit its weak point. Drillinator will also recharge its health if Sonic doesn't act quick enough.
While no PA announcements play during the acts, in two cutscenes in this world, Eggman says the following:
- "Attention guests. If you can hear this message, you are trespassing in an area still under renovation. If you are not a robot, please return to the main park areas and ignore anything evil you might have seen here. Thank you."
- (Quickly)"Some displacement of indigenous aliens and destruction of natural resources may occur. Eggman Enterprises not responsible."
- "Please remember, all planets in Eggman's Incredible Interstellar Amusement Park are, as far as you know, wholly owned properties of Eggman Enterprises and its subsidiaries. All unauthorized photography, video reproduction, or shutting down of generators is strictly prohibited. Thank you."
- This stage reappeared in Sonic Generations along with the Spike and Rocket Wisps.
- This planet is similar to the Little Planet as they were both being cyber-formed.
- The Act 2 music has a slower tone that sounds similar to Sonic CD's past themes.
- This is the only stage in Colors that doesn't have another stage have the same first letter as this one (Tropical Resort and Terminal Velocity; Sweet Mountain and Starlight Carnival; Aquarium Park and Asteroid Coaster).
- This is the only stage were there are no PA announcements playing during the acts.
- In the Wii version of Sonic Colors the Yellow Drill is never used on Planet Wisp while in the DS Version it appears in all 3 acts (Acts 1 and 2 and Drillinator fight). Thus, this is one of the three stages (the others being Starlight Carnival and Asteroid Coaster) that doesn't use the Yellow Wisp in the Wii version.