This page explains how to obtain every Red star Ring on Planet Wisp.
- From the beginning of the Act, the player should run across the speedway after the boost pads and stay on the left to grab the white wisps to fill the boost bar. Immediately after the loop, they should hold down the boost button to gain more speed. When the player boosts into the ramp, they will go flying into the rings above. They must hit the spring at the end, causing them to run sideways on the wall. The player must then avoid the spikes and grab the Red Star Ring on the right.
- After taking the first Red Star Ring and going across the rails, the player will come to an area with an orange wisp capsule ahead. They must use the rocket in the same place they collected the capsule to fly up, then steer slightly to the right to collect the second Red Star Ring as they fall down.
- After the first checkpoint (where the player is asked to press the jump button to perform a series of moves), the player will come to an area with a pink wisp capsule. They must use the spike wisp to get across to the right side of the area, where there will be two moving platforms with robots if they come from the bottom path, or a slope with a white wisp capsule if they come from above (in this case, stop after the slope and go back left). Right underneath this slope is a small passageway, which the player can slide under. The third Red Star Ring is directly beyond the passageway.
- After the second checkpoint, the player will run across a narrow path with robots where they need to Quick Step left and right to stay on the path. After the first section, the player must stay on the left and hold down the boost button to gain speed while they run over the boost ramp. They will grab the fourth Red Star Ring in the air.
- After the third checkpoint, the player should use the cannon to go right and jump on the platforms to collect the orange wisp capsule to the right. They must use the rocket on the left where they will see a line of rings going up. At the top, the player should collect the pink wisp capsule and use the spike wisp to follow the wall all the way to another pink wisp capsule, before continuing further upward. The player will find the final Red Star Ring up the wall, and must double jump to grab it.
- Shortly after the beginning of the Act, the player will need to stomp through some metal crates and hit a spring, which will bounce them up into the Red Star Ring.
- After the first Red Star Ring, the player will take a pulley up and must follow the path to an area with two Sprinkler enemies throwing spike balls. The player can simply double jump to the center, then travel once again to the right side where the Red Star Ring lies in plain view.
- After the second Red Star Ring, the player will go through a loop, then go up some platforms and break through crates. On the right, they must double jump to the spike platforms and then go up to get the Red Star Ring on the left platform.
- (Purple Frenzy Needed) Directly after the first checkpoint, the player must collect the purple wisp capsule, then use frenzy and eat up all the crates on the right. The fourth Red Star Ring is hidden somewhere inside them.
- After the player goes up using the moving stairways, they should stomp through the crates on the right, causing them to dash upwards through some rainbow rings. Instead of hitting the spring above, the player should allow themselves to fall back down to the left where the final Red Star Ring is located.
- As the Act starts, the player will run on a narrow path with robots shooting lasers at them. To get the first Red Star Ring, the player must remain on this path to the end. To do so easily, they can stay on the middle path to avoid the lasers and double jump over all the gaps. When they reach the end, the player will run into the Red Star Ring in the air.
- When the player starts on the narrow path at the beginning, they should go to the left as soon as possible and use the boost to run and jump across the gap into a cyan wisp capsule. After the narrow path section, the player should see a crystal on the way forward. They must use laser power on it to collect the second Red Star Ring.
- After the first checkpoint, the player should go all the way to the right, to the very end of the path with blue blocks. They can defeat the robots here and a Red Star Ring will appear.
- After the first checkpoint, the player should get the blue wisp capsule, then go to the right and break through the crates using cube power to go down. They then must go left and break through the blue blocks, then collect the Red Star Ring that waits behind.
- At the very end of the level, the player must take the last blue wisp capsule on the path, then use the cube wisp to break the crates and jump on the platforms to go right. The player then needs to double jump to the higher crate and then on the blue blocks to reach the last Red Star Ring left of the Goal Ring.
- Shortly after the Act begins, the player will be launched into the air by a Trick Jump Panel before running across a path with falling platforms. They must hold down the boost button while on this path so that when they hit the dash panel, they will fly higher and into Dash Rings. The Red Star Ring is placed directly after the checkpoint.
- Immediately after the second checkpoint, the player will come to some moving platforms with robots that just spin in a circle like a wheel. On one of the platforms is a 1-Up, and on another is the Red Star Ring.
- When the player is on the moving platforms from the second Red Star Ring, they should also grab the cyan wisp capsule on one of the platforms, then go up with the platform on the right and use the laser wisp on the crystal. The player should then go left on the path above to find the third Red Star Ring.
- After getting the third Red Star Ring, the player should go back right and use the rocket wisp to be launched into the air. While they fall down, they must stick to the right to fall on top of a rail. The rail will take the player to a cannon, which they can fire upwards to collect the fourth Red Star Ring above.
- After getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player should continue to the right along the next rail and slide under the wall. They can then use the pulley to get to the Goal Ring, and they will collect the final Red Star Ring in the process.
- At the start of the Act, the player should go right and smash through the yellow blocks, then drop down into the gap on the right. At the very bottom, they should get the orange wisp capsule, then use the rocket wisp to fly all the way up. As the player falls down, they should fall in between the spikes to collect the first Red Star Ring under the spikes.
- Right after getting the first Red Star Ring, the player should go right and double jump to collect the 1-Up in the air. They will then fall directly onto the second Red Star Ring below.
- After the second Red Star Ring and right before the first checkpoint, the player should jump on the yellow blocks, then drop down just behind the robot where the line of rings is. They must get the orange wisp capsule below, then use the rocket wisp there to go up. The player then needs to fall to the left between the spikes and around them to collect the Red Star Ring.
- (Frenzy Power Needed) After the first checkpoint, the player should grab the purple capsule, then go right and down to where the yellow blocks are. They must use the frenzy wisp to smash through all of them to find the Red Star Ring on the right.
- Just before the end of the level, the player will climb up some yellow blocks with robots shooting them. They must defeat the robots first, then jump up the blocks to collect the Red Star Ring in the top-left corner.
- At the beginning of the Act, the player will travel across some rails before falling down, and should avoid landing on the dash panel ahead. While falling down and avoiding the numerous Electro Spinners, they must grab the Red Star Ring on the right, then fall on the rail to continue.
- After the first checkpoint, the player should continue until they get to moving platforms spinning in a circular motion. They must stand on one and go down, and the second Red Star Ring will be in the middle.
- After the second Red Star Ring and before the player is launched into the air and asked to press the jump button to perform tricks, they will get to an area with a pink wisp capsule. The player should use the spike wisp and cling to the wall above, following it to the left and up, then work their way in between the crates to get to the top where they can find the third Red Star Ring.
- After the second checkpoint when the player is climbing up to the top of the structure, after climbing the first set of platforms they will spot a green wisp capsule under a platform on the left. They should collect it, then continue climbing without using the wisp. When the player gets halfway to the top, after grabbing a pulley, the camera will pull back to give them a wider view. They should use the hover wisp here to hit the button on the ceiling above. A Red Star Ring will then appear on the right, which can be flown to.
- Immediately after getting the fourth Red Star Ring, the player should keep flying to the right side of the area even if the camera doesn't follow. Eventually, they will reach a wall when their hover power runs out; they must try to fall where the line of rings is. They will land on a small plaftorm, where they must collect the pink capsule on the left, then use the spike wisp on the wall and go all the way up to some metal crates. The player then needs to wait for the power to run out so that they revert back to normal Sonic and jump to the crates to the left to find the last Red Star Ring in the middle.