The PlayStation 2 is a video game console made by Sony in 2000, and seven Sonic the Hedgehog series games were available for the system (including three from Sega featuring Sonic). It's referred to as PS2 for short. Its successor console is the PlayStation 3, and its predecessor console was the PlayStation, which no Sonic games were released (SEGA was still manufacturing their own consoles at the time).
Sonic game listEdit
- Sonic Heroes
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic Gems Collection (Japan and Europe only)
- Sonic Riders
- Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
- Sonic Unleashed
SEGA Games featuring SonicEdit
- E-123 Omega
- Egg Pawn
- Neo Metal Sonic
- G.U.N. Commander
- Black Doom
- Jet the Hawk
- Storm the Albatross
- Wave the Swallow
- Dark Gaia
- Sonic the Werehog
- Professor Pickle
Box Art GalleryEdit
- The PlayStation 2's life-cycle was a total of 14 years (2000-2013).
- The PS2 has over 1,850 games available.
- This is the first console to have a DVD drive.
- SEGA Superstars is the only Sonic-related game exclusive to the PS2 that it comes with the EyeToy camara.
- Sonic Heroes was the first Sonic game to appear on a Sony console.
- PS2 versions of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Mega Collection Plus had a few problems that other versions of the games didn't have. Sonic Heroes had camera and framerate problems and Sonic Mega Collection Plus had audio problems, Sonic Team may have some developing problems due to lack of experience making games for the PS2.
- The PS2 version of Sonic Gems Collection was released in Japan and Europe, but the US version was never released for unknown reasons.
- The sixth generation of video game consoles ended in January 4, 2013 worldwide; which means, Sonic Unleashed is the last Sonic game to be on the PlayStation 2.