Pocky in Sonic Runners.
in other media
Grey/Light Blue, White
Grey (Originally black)
|Alignment and character traits|
Pocky (ポッキー Pokkī?) is a small rabbit, and one of Sonic's animal friends. He first appeared in the original Sonic the Hedgehog as an animal imprisoned inside Badniks and Capsules. Pocky is described as a grey or light blue colored rabbit with large eyes and two front teeth. His left ear is seen dangling half. He has white fur belly and fluffy tail tassel. His hands have five fingers and each of his feet has three white toes.
In the Western regions since the second draft of Sonic Bible, Pocky was renamed Johnny Lightfoot, who has known to came from a large family like other animal friends. In the British publication Sonic the Comic, the character Johnny Lightfoot is based on Pocky. Pocky is also the likely inspiration for Bunnie D'Coolette from the comics series made by Archie Comics, and the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series.
Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
Pocky first appears in the 16-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog. Pocky along with other animal friends at South Island gets captured by Doctor Robotnik and becomes power source for doctor's badniks. Pocky can be found at Green Hill Zone and Scrap Brain Zone as they got released inside of badniks or capsules.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Pocky makes appearance in 16-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog 2, as he along with other animal friends have same role from the first game. In the game, Pocky can only be found at Chemical Plant Zone.
Sonic the Hedgehog CD
Pocky makes brief appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog CD, but unlike in this game, he's not used as the power source of the badniks in the game. However they can be discovered at the good future of the round or after destroying the Metal Sonic generator. Pocky in this case can be found hopping around at good futures of Collision Chaos and Stardust Speedway.
Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld
Pocky appears in Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld, along with Sonic, Tails, Amy and animal friends. He appears at background of Gameworld testing its equipments and from the slot machine of Concentration Game.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Pocky once again repeat his role from earlier appearances in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and its add-on continuation Sonic & Knuckles. In Sonic the Hedgehog 3 he can be found at Hydrocity Zone and Carnival Night Zone, while in Sonic & Knuckles he can be found at Sandopolis Zone and Sky Sanctuary Zone, where some of them along with Chirps are seen fearfully escaping from the light green towers, as Eggrobos come out there trying to attack into the player.
Sonic Pocket Adventure
While Pocky does not reprise his role as a power source for Badniks, like Flicky and Ricky in Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure, Pocky appeared along with several other animal friends in the game's perfect ending.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Pocky makes his return in both episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog 4, as he repeats his role from previous games. Unlike others, Pocky mostly moves by jumping forward. In Episode I he can be found at Splash Hill Zone and Mad Gear Zone, while in Episode II he only appears at White Park Zone and in the end of Episode Metal, he along others gets shocked by Metal Sonic and runs away as they were around of it.
Pocky along with Flicky, Picky and Chirps make appearance at the intro cutscene in 2012 remake of Sonic Jump. In the game Dr. Eggman kidnaps them and captures them to the prison unit on Egg Mobile, as Sonic and others try to stop them.
Sonic Lost World
Pocky along with other animals appeared in Sonic Lost World, where they are shown to inhabit the Lost Hex. During the events of the game, Dr. Eggman, with the assistance of Deadly Six, resumed kidnapping animals, Pocky being among them, to use them as the energy source for his badnik army. The small group of animals and Pocky that managed to escape capture remained behind with Knuckles and Amy while Sonic and Tails went out to save their friends, where some of them had fun at the expense of Knuckles and even carried him around. Small amount of them are seen in the cutscene after the end credits. Also, after Eggman got buried from landing on the Earth after falling from the Lost Hex, a lone Pocky located the comatose Eggman and managed to bite off what seemed like a carrot root to it (not known that is actually his mustache nor Eggman was buried there and would came to).
Pocky, along with other animals in Sonic Lost World, are collectible content used to progress with the game. Once the player has collected a set amount of Pocky and other animals, the player gain access to the fourth Zone in each area. Sonic is able to free Pocky from badniks, smaller capsules and even regular large ones at the end of each Zone. Pocky and animals can also be collected from Circus tents of each Zone. Pocky himself is featured in Windy Hill, Desert Ruins, Frozen Factory, Sky Road and Hidden World.
- Pocky appears along with other animal friends at background of pictures in Sonic the Screen Saver.
- Pocky is featured on several artworks in Sonic Jam and Sonic Gems Collection.
- Pocky (apparently colored as pink) can be seen watching Sonic-themed pinball tables with other animals and Chao in Sonic Pinball Party.
- Pocky (once again colored pink) makes a small cameo appearance in two of the pictures during Sonic's ending sequence in Sonic Rush.
Appearances in Other Media
Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic
Pocky, along with other animal friends, appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic manga. He appears in a few panels in the first and third stories. In the Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic Volume 2 story Clash!! South Island, he is being chased by Caterkiller in Marble Zone until Sonic destroys the badnik and saves both Pocky and Picky from danger.
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Pocky made some brief cameo appearances in a few episodes of Sonic X. In this media, Pocky has somewhat altered look, being more taller than in games. Along with Flicky, Tux, Picky and Ricky, Pocky can be seen being transported back to Sonic's world in "Running Out of Time".
Pocky appears in the Sonic: GENESIS arc of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series as one of the animals that is imprisoned inside a Badnik. He is freed once Sonic destroys the Badnik, and is seen hopping around in the background after Sonic rescues him.
- When Pocky was originally featured on his own card in Sonic the Hedgehog Online Trading Cards, he has been misleadingly named as Picky. Apparently, Picky is also another animal friend's name, who's has also been misleadingly called as Cookie in the same card game.
- According to Stay Sonic guidebook, Johnny Lightfoot has been sprint champion during his time and has taught Sonic to run at high speed. However, this statement has never been brought back in any other media.
- In the American version of Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld, he's is credited by his Japanese name Pocky, rather than his American name Johnny Lightfoot during that time.
- ↑ "Sonic's main buddies are Johnny Lightfoot, Sally Acorn, Porker Lewis, Chirps, Tux, Flicky the Blue Bird, and Joe Sushi. Each comes from a large family, and each is playful and friendly." - Description from Sonic Bible Draft II page 15.
- ↑ "Johnny Lightfoot, a rabbit and Mobius's undisputed sprint at the time, coached Sonic, and soon he was able to outstrip every other creature in the forest." - Description from Stay Sonic, pages 18 & 19.