Porker Lewis artwork from Sonic Jam.
in other media
|Alignment and character traits|
Porker Lewis (known as Picky in Japan) is the name given to the small pigs that first appeared in the original Sonic the Hedgehog. Porker Lewis is one of Sonic the Hedgehog's animal friends, usually getting kidnapped by Doctor Eggman.
Sonic the Hedgehog (1991)
Porker Lewis first appears in the 16-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog. Along with other animal friends, he gets kidnapped by Doctor Robotnik. Porker Lewis is featured at Spring Yard Zone and Starlight Zone.
Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld
Even though Porker Lewis does not appear in later games after the original Sonic the Hedgehog until Sonic the Hedgehog 4, he makes his next appearance in Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld with Sonic, Tails, Amy and other animal friends. He can be seen in the background among Gameworld testing equipment. A toy version of Porker can be seen in a machine in the Toy Drop game and an icon of him is visible inside a slot machine in the Concentration game.
Mario & Sonic series
Porker Lewis makes small appearances in both Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. He is seen cheering in the crowds along with other animal friends and Eggman's robots.
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Porker Lewis also makes an appearance in both episodes of Sonic the Hedgehog 4. He plays the same role as in the original Sonic the Hedgehog as he is released from badniks or capsules. In Episode I he only appears at Casino Street Zone and in Episode II he only appears at Oil Desert Zone. At the end of Episode Metal, Porker Lewis and other animal friends get shocked by Metal Sonic and run away.
Porker Lewis, Flicky, Tux and Chirps make a brief appearance in Sonic Generations. In the game, they can be freed during Capsule Missions in which the player has to open as many capsules as possible. Animal friends also serve as the last collectible trophy in the room in console versions.
Porker Lewis, Flicky, Pocky and Chirps make an appearance in the intro cutscene in the 2012 remake of Sonic Jump. In the game, Dr. Eggman kidnaps them and takes them to the prison unit on the Eggmobile, while Sonic and others try to stop them.
Appearances in other media
Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic
Picky along with other animal friends, appears in Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic manga. He appears in few panels in first and third stories. In Sonic the Hedgehog Story Comic Volume 2' story Clash!! South Island Sonic frees him from being Caterkiller badnik. Picky then starts tell Sonic that he saw Ricky and Cucky also becoming badniks. After hearing this Sonic start his rescue mission.
Sonic the Comic
In Sonic the Comic, Porker Lewis was a founding member of the Freedom Fighters and a technical genius. After a mission involving the Brotherhood of Metallix, during which he was held prisoner on the Miracle Planet for a month, Porker suffered a nervous breakdown and left the team. He subsequently moved to the Floating Island and helped Knuckles the Echidna fix the Island's ancient Echidna technology.
Porker is one of the animal friends that appears in the Sonic: GENESIS arc of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. He was one of the animals that was imprisoned in the Badniks. He was rescued by Sonic once Sonic destroyed the Badniks.
Poker Lewis made a cameo in two episodes of Sonic X.
Sonic X (comics)
- I love beating Dr. Robotonik! - Sonic Gameworld
- In Dic's early scrapped Sonic cartoon, Porker Lewis was featured in a cast picture as part of the "Freedom team". He was large with wild hair and wore a leather jacket and sunglasses.
- Porker Lewis is one of only animal friends from the original Sonic the Hedgehog, that doesn't appear in Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles at all.
- His name, Porker Lewis is likely parodying the popular comedy character Parker Lewis, from the series Parker Lewis Can't Lose.
- Porker Lewis appears at background of multiple pictures of Sonic the Screen Saver. He also appears in some artworks in Sonic Jam and Sonic Gems Collection.
- Porker Lewis may be the inspiration for the animated series and Archie Comics pig character, Hamlin, although the characters' personalities in their respective comics are total opposites.
- In the American credits of Sonic Gameworld he is labeled with his Japanese name, "Picky".