Princess Peach Toadstool (ピーチ姫 Pīchihime?) is the beautiful and graceful princess of the Mushroom Kingdom. She is often kidnapped by Bowser and is always rescued by Mario. She has also helped Mario save the world a few times and even starred in her own game where she rescues Mario, Luigi, Toad and the Mushroom Kingdom from Bowser. She has appeared in a few games alongside Sonic the Hedgehog. The first game to feature these two together was Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. She later appeared in other crossover titles with Sonic. She seems to be on good terms with Blaze, Amy, and especially her best friend Daisy.
Peach made her first appearance in the Sonic series when she was featured in the game Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. She appeared as a Skill character along with Waluigi, Tails and Dr. Eggman. While Peach is a Skill character, she is the fastest character who isn't a Speed character. Peach's speed is on par with Daisy, who is a Speed character. In the opening for the game she is seen running on the 100m dash along with other major Mario and Sonic characters. She is later seen in the swimming event. In mission mode, she shares a rivalry with Amy.
Peach has missions in both Wii and DS version.
Wii version missions:
- Finish with a time between 3:20 and 3:29 in 4X100m relay
- Do 3 successful yell throws in Hammer throw
- do 10 successful rowing acceleration (3 notes) in single sculls
- Finish 1st when you have no stamina in 400m
- Shoot 5 point circle within 2 attempts in archery
- perform 10 difficult moves in trampoline
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Peach has average speed, strong aerial moves, decent horizontal recovery, but weak ground based moves. She has a strong up smash but a weak but damage racking down smash both involving her twirling her hand raised and dress like a blade respectively. Her forward smash consist of three different items(cast iron pan, tennis racket, and golf club) which all varies by damage, range, and knock-back. Her standard special move was Toad; if one was to hit him, the damage would deflect onto the opponent. Her side special move was the Peach Bomber. In this move, she would use her rear end to smash into the opponent causing an explosion of hearts. Her up special move was Peach pulling out a parasol and floating gently down with it. Her down special move is where Peach can pull a vegetable from the ground and throw it at opponents. This move caused little damage, however, there is a slim chance Peach can pull a vegetable with a different expression on it's face and it deals a lot of more damage.
Neutral Special - Toad
- Automatically launches a counterattack if an enemy hits Toad.
Side Special: - Peach Bomber
- Scores heavy damage while dashing forward.
Up Special: - Peach Parasol
- Glide gracefully through the sky by umbrella. Good for recovery.
Down Special: - Vegetable
- Pluck a veggie and carry it until you're ready to throw it.
Final Smash: - Peach Blossom
- Pull foes into Peach's world where they fall asleep. The closer they are to Peach, the deeper their slumber. Eat the fallen peaches to recover damage.
Peach's third appearance with Sonic was in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. She appeared as a skill character like the other skill characters from the past game with a new edition to the group being Silver the Hedgehog. Her rival in mission mode was still Amy. Peach, however, got a new winter outfit like the other girls in this game. This outfit was a mini pink dress with magenta sleeves and leggings. In the Nintendo DS version's Adventure Tour, Peach will join Mario and Sonic if they beat her in a Snowball Machine match.
|Icon||Name||Ability Type||Wii Stats||DS Stats||Special||Emblem|
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
Peach returns as a playable character. She is again a Skill type character.
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games
Peach once again returns as a playable character. She has special winning animations with Daisy, Mario, and Amy if she wins an event with any of them as her teammate.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS
Peach returns as a veteran character. She plays similar to how she was in Super Smash Bros Brawl, but it now takes her a little longer to pluck a vegetable. She also has custom moves, which are variations of her moves in the game.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Peach returns again as a playable character. In the 3DS version, Peach is playable only in Golf and 100m Freestyle Swimming. Similar to the previous installments, Peach's highest stat is her skill.
Along with every other playable character from the past installments, Peach is playable in every event in the Wii U version of the game.
Peach is also playable in the Arcade version of the game, where she is a Technique character.
- "Peach!" - When you select her in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic/Winter Games
- "Oh, did I win?" - When Peach wins a round
- "Oh, I lost." - When Peach loses a round
- "Ooh! Next time, it's mine!" - When Peach is in 2nd or 3rd place
- "Yaay, not bad!" - When Peach wins 2nd or 3rd place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- "Oh yes! How nice! Lucky me!" - When Peach is in 1st place
- "Sweet!" - When winning in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Peach and Dr. Eggman have something important in common. Both had two different names outside Japan and in Japan. (Princess Toadstool and Princess Peach, Dr. Robotnik and Dr. Eggman) Currently, they are both used interchangeably (Peach in Super Mario 64, Dr. Eggman in Sonic Adventure).
|Sega Characters||AGES | Akira Yuki | Alex Kidd | AiAi | Amigo | B.D. Joe | Beat | Billy Hatcher | Gilius Thunderhead | Gum | Jacky Bryant | MeeMee | NiGHTS | Pudding | Reala | Ryo Hazuki | Ulala | Vyse|
|Nintendo Characters||Mario | Luigi | Donkey Kong | Yoshi | Princess Peach | Princess Daisy | Bowser | Bowser Jr. | Wario | Waluigi | Toad | Mii|
|Other||Xbox Live Avatar | Santa Claus | Danica Patrick | Andronic|