|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Professor Clarke is a character mentioned in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was a human scientist in the 21st century and a colleague of Dr. Ivan Kintobor.
Professor Clarke assisted in the creation of the Alpha 100 Series Mechanoid Isaac by creating the robot's hardware around the time the Xorda's emissary came to Earth and was dissected by Kintobor. Whether or not he was involved in the latter event is uncertain. After they used some of the Xorda's technology to create a power matrix for Isaac, the Xorda learned that Dr. Kintobor had dissected their emissary and launched an attack on the planet, which Dr. Kintobor tried to survive in stasis while the rest of the world perished, including Professor Clarke.
- Professor Clarke was named after science fiction writer Arthur C. Clarke.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #146, "The Good, The Bad & The Unknown Part One: Prototype"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #147, "The Good, The Bad & The Unknown Part One: Ignition"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #148, "The Good, The Bad & The Unknown Part 3: Genesis"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #149, "The Good, the Bad, and the Unknown - Part Four: Armageddon"