|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Professor Dillon Pickle is a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs. He is a human academic from Spagonia stationed at Spagonia University and a renowned archaeologist and historical anthropologist. He is also a friend and colleague of the Mobian genius, Professor Charles the Hedgehog.
Shattered World Crisis
At some point, Dillon began deciphering the Gaia Manuscripts and uncovered that they chronicled a cyclical world destruction-and-rebirth cosmology. Later on, Dillon met up with Professor Charles the Hedgehog at his residence at Spagonia University, when he and Chuck were kidnapped by Dr. Eggman's Badniks, who also took their research, samples and everything else. And so, the Freedom Fighters had chased the Bullet Train which stored the Professor and Chuck inside. However, after many attempts to find the professors in the train cars, Sonic the Hedgehog was able to locate Pickle and Chuck, only to be quickly ambushed by E-106 Eta. Though the Freedom Fighters saved the professors in the end, they were unable to recover their research. However, Pickle was able to inform the heroes of the contents of the ancient texts, which involved Dark Gaia and Light Gaia. He further explained that the only way to restore the planet to normal was to gather the seven Chaos Emeralds and bring them to the Gaia Temples located around the world.
Dillon was visited by Sally and Rotor, who had come to Spagonia in search of Gaia Key Guardian Otto. Though Dillon was angered by the fact that Otto had been hiding the relic from him during their time as colleagues, he was willing to let Sally and Rotor use it. Soon, Dillon watched the nearby Gaia Temple rise up from the ground. Later, he, Lucia, and Otto witnessed the restoration of the planet.
The Case of the Pirate Princess
Dillon is a well-mannered and highly intellectual individual, but can come off as absentminded, usually seeming either distracted or unable to grasp the situation at hand. He also seems to lack a certain sensitivity, as seen by his bringing up the Roboticizer as though it would not bring up bad memories for Chuck.
- Before his debut in the main comic, Professor Pickle was the "host" of a short-lived feature in Sonic Super Digest #1-#2 known as "Professor Pickle's Nature Notebook", in which he and his assistant, Cucumber, examined the real-world animal counterparts of many Mobian species.
- Professor Pickle's name is a pun on "dil pickle", which is a type of pickle.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #257, "Damage Control"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #258, "The Chase: Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #259, "The Chase: Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #280, "A Special Occasion"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #285, "Panic In The Sky Part Two: Falling Into Place"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #287, "Panic In The Sky Part Four: Finale - As Was Foretold"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #91, "The Case of the Pirate Princess Part One: Dial "C" for Chaotix"