|This character exists primarily within the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- Professor Von Schlemmer redirects here. For the character in the Archie Comics, see Professor Von Schlemmer (Archie).
Professor Dinglehoper Von Schlemmer is a character that appears in the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series. He is a brilliant, but eccentric and kooky scientist, and an invaluable ally of Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails.
Professor Von Schlemmer is a humanoid with orange hair with highlights, brown eyes and green skin. He is always seen slouched over with very bad posture. His attire consists of a white lab coat, blue pants, brown shoes, and small round glasses.
In order to keep himself entertained, Professor Von Schlemmer invented the Dream-A-Ma-Jig to bring his Dream Clown out of his own dreams and into the real world, However, the invention of the Dream-A-Ma-Jig attracted the attention of Dr. Robotnik, who has the professor taken hostage. The professor initially refuses to turn his Dream-A-Ma-Jig into a nightmare machine, but cooperates after Tails is taken into custody as well and put in a cell. After he finishes the machine he is put in the same cell as Tails and they are both rescued by Sonic. To get help in capturing Robotnik's nightmare monster, the Boogey Man, he invents the Dream-Kadoodle. It can put people in dreams. After they return from Dreamsville with a plan Von Schlemmer shows off his new invention, the Porta Dream-A-Ma-Jig. Tails uses this new device to create a Junk Food Boogey Guy, which successfully battles the Boogey Man and scares him back into Robotnik's head.
Von Schlemer, while brilliant, embodies the idea of an absent-minded professor; he has a tendency to forget his own name, to believe his identity belongs to someone else, and has even gone as far as to "lose" himself. He is an absolute eccentric, with his absurd creations not only serving no particular point, but as well often leading to more trouble than good. Despite his oddities, Von Schlemmer is wholly dedicated to the fight against Dr. Robotnik's tyranny, and will always lend Sonic and Tails a hand where possible.
- Gizmo Gas (makes an object grow)
- Dream-A-Ma-Jig (can bring dreams into the real world)
- Dream-Kadoodle (brings real people into Dreamsville)
- Portable Dream-A-Ma-Jig (same as Dream-A-Ma-Jig except smaller and looks like a night cap)
- Alter All Purpose Exercise Machine and Juicer
- Super Strength Neutralizing Powder
- Sonic Sonar 
- Airplane Safety system 
- Bigger Maker Machine
- Delicate Laser Device
- Spinner Shaker Machine
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Professor Von Schlemmer is an acquaintance of Silver the Hedgehog from the future. He was the one who revealed the existence of the Genesis Portals to Silver, which the time traveler would set out to close.
- Von Schlemmer is the only character in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog drawn with five fingers, whereas everyone else (even Robotnik) is drawn having only four fingers. There are some scenes that feature Schlemmer with only four fingers, though.
- "Schlemmer" is a German word meaning "glutton."
- "Von" (spelled in smallcaps) is a common part of Names of nobles (resp. former nobles, as nobility privileges were abolished in Germany at the beginning of the Weimar Republic) meaning "of".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 27, "Boogey-Mania"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 45, "Super Robotnik (episode)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 59, "Tails' Tale"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 61, "Fast and Easy"