|This character exists primarily within the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
|Professor Von Schlemmer|
|Alignment and character traits|
He has orange hair, brown eyes and green skin. He is always slouched over with very bad posture. His height varies depending on the episode, he is sometimes tall like any human in the show, however sometimes he is shorter, closer to Sonic's height.
In order to keep himself entertained, Professor Von Schlemmer invented the Dream-A-Ma-Jig to bring his Dream Clown out of his own dreams and into the real world, However, the invention of the Dream-A-Ma-Jig attracted the attention of Dr. Robotnik, who has the professor taken hostage. The professor initially refuses to turn his Dream-A-Ma-Jig into a nightmare machine, but cooperates after Tails is taken into custody as well and put in a cell. After he finishes the machine he is put in the same cell as Tails and they are both rescued by Sonic. To get help in capturing Robotnik's nightmare monster, the Boogey Man, he invents the Dream-Kadoodle. It can put people in dreams. After they return from Dreamsville with a plan Von Schlemmer shows off his new invention, the Porta Dream-A-Ma-Jig. Tails uses this new device to create a Junk Food Boogey Guy, which successfully battles the Boogey Man and scares him back into Robotnik's head.
Von Schlemer, while brilliant, embodies the idea of an absent-minded professor; he has a tendency to forget his own name, to believe his identity belongs to someone else, and has even gone as far as to "lose" himself. He is an absolute eccentric, with his absurd creations not only serving no particular point, but as well often leading to more trouble than good. Despite his oddities, Von Schlemmer is wholly dedicated to the fight against Dr. Robotnik's tyranny, and will always lend Sonic and Tails a hand where possible.
- Gizmo Gas (makes an object grow)
- Dream-A-Ma-Jig (can bring dreams into the real world)
- Portable Dream-A-Ma-Jig (same as Dream-A-Ma-Jig except smaller and looks like a night cap)
- Alter All Purpose Exercise Machine and Juicer
- Super Strength Neutralizing Powder
- Sonic Sonar 
- Airplane Safety system 
- Bigger Maker Machine
- Delicate Laser Device
- Spinner Shaker Machine
- Von Schlemmer is the only character in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog drawn with five fingers, whereas everyone else (even Robotnik) is drawn having only four fingers. There are some scenes that feature Schlemmer with only four fingers, though.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 27, "Boogey-Mania"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 45, "Super Robotnik (episode)"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 59, "Tails' Tale"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode 61, "Fast and Easy"