Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the mech armor in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, see Pseudo Sonic. For the television episode, see Pseudo Sonic (episode).
Pseudo-Sonic is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a classic Badnik created by Dr. Ivo Robotnik and the precursor to the Metal Sonic series, making it the first mechanized version of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Unlike most other robotic Sonic copies, Pseudo-Sonic looks extremely similar to Sonic, almost identical. However, it is considerably bulkier and has clearly defined robotic joints and parts.
Pseudo-Sonic was constructed in the year 3235 by Dr. Robotnik using all the information he knew about Sonic the Hedgehog to be his "ultimate creation" at that time. However, Pseudo-Sonic still had some "Bot-bugs" to iron out when Robotnik tested it as the robot insulted the doctor and injured him to show off its abilities. Regardless, Pseudo-Sonic was send out by Robotnik to find the Knothole. By criss-crossing through the Great Forest, Pseudo-Sonic spotted Antoine D'Coolette, who mistook it for the real Sonic, and duped him into revealing the entrance to Knothole. Invading Freedom HQ, Pseudo-Sonic was about to inform Robotnik of Knothole's coordinates, but was blown apart when Tails electrocuted him with static electricity created from dragging his twin-tails around. After Rotor examined its remains, Pseudo-Sonic was thrown out with the garbage.
Island of Misfit Badniks
After recovering from its defeat, Pseudo-Sonic followed a homing device to the Island of Misfit Badniks. In the year 3237, when Sonic came to the island to investigate, Pseudo-Sonic quickly engaged the real Sonic where he explained how he had hoped to fight him when he first came to Knothole. The two of them began fighting, but, as pointed out by the residential Badniks, they were too evenly matched. As such, the Badniks suggested they had a bighorn challenge with the survivor being the winner, which both Sonics accepted. Pseudo-Sonic and Sonic rammed each other at full speed, creating such vibrations from the impact that the entire island sank, which the Badniks used to fake their demise. Though Sonic survived, Pseudo-Sonic suffered severe damage, but the Badniks retrieved it and got ready to repair him and get revenge on Sonic.
While repairing Pseudo-Sonic, a Burrobot discovered it had a Ratio-Redoubler. Using this device, the Badniks enlarged Pseudo-Sonic to colossal heights while repairing it, planning to use this giant to take over Mobius. When the Forty Fathom Freedom Fighters attacked them however, the majority of the badniks held the heroes back while the Burrobot finished repairing Pseudo-Sonic. Once it came back online, Pseudo-Sonic quickly knocked out both the Freedom Fighters and the Badniks before declaring war on Mobius. However, he was destroyed when Big Fluke sat on it and crushed it into a cube with the other Badniks and their island.
Pseudo-Sonic was loyal to Robotnik, but also rude and rebellious, insulting Robotnik with names when addressing him and throwing him off a cliff to show off its skills, and even attacked his fellow Badniks after they repaired it. He also possessed a smug attitude like the real Sonic. Additionally, it did not like to be criticized as he turned menacing when Robotnik thought of fixing his flaws. Like his successors, he had an intense desire to fight the real Sonic.
Powers and abilities
According to Robotnik, Pseudo-Sonic had many powers, enough to let him fight the real Sonic to a standstill. He possessed super speed equaling that of even Sonic's and had as such control over it that he could literally stop on a dime. In fact, when colliding head-on with Sonic at full speed, the vibrations generated from the impact was enough to sink an entire island. He also possesses a degree of super strength, enough to easily carry Robotnik and smash through a wall. Additionally, he possessed extendable limbs that gave him greater attack range. Being made of titanium alloy, he is also highly durable.
Pseudo-Sonic came equipped with a Ratio-Redoubler which could make robots grow geometrically. With it, Pseudo-Sonic was able to enlarge himself to incredible proportions, though he was still smaller than Fluke the Blue Whale.
- "At your service, oh great and overweight one!"
- —Pseudo-Sonic addressing Robotnik.
- "I'll flee when I'm ready... Don't tick me off!"
- —Pseudo-Sonic responding to Robotnik saying he has some 'bot bugs.
- "I've waited a long time to do this!"
- —Pseudo-Sonic punching Sonic with his extendable arms.
- "I heard you have a friend named "Knuckles"... well, meet mine!"
- —Pseudo-Sonic punching Sonic with his fist.
- Pseudo-Sonic runs on 3500 AA batteries.
- Pseudo-Sonic is based off the robot of the same name from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog televisions series where it was built to frame Sonic for numerous acts of hooliganism. Pseudo-Sonic was not a sentient badnik in the cartoon, but was instead a mindless mech piloted by a mouse named Lawrence. Coincidentally, both plots had Sonic encounter poison flowers, causing many to assume that the comic was an adaption the cartoon.
- Pseudo-Sonic has the fourth longest gab between appearances in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs, being a total of 161 issues.
- Despite being the first ever Sonic robot, he was not the first to be encountered by Sonic.