- For other subjects named "Emerald", see Emerald.
Super Sonic racing in Radiant Emerald
|Appearances and Overview|
A series of rainbow-colored crystal paths in outer space.
|Number of acts||
Radiant Emerald is a course in Sonic R that is only unlockable after completing all other courses in Grand Prix mode. Doctor Robotnik is unlocked by completing a race here in first place (thus completing the game). There are no Chaos Emeralds on this course.
It is an extremely straightforward course full of long turns whose only shortcuts are unlocked via ring gates. This is the longest track in the game by far. Even after opening the short-cuts it still takes quite a while to complete a lap.
- There is a significant difference in this course in later versions - there is strangely a lack of transparencies in the PC ports whereas they were in the Saturn original. This is noteworthy since the true transparency effect was not believed to be possible on Sega Saturn since it was rare to see it happen on the hardware. In the PC ports, Radiant Emerald was instead made solid and textures made use of flashier lighting. This is also the case in Sonic Gems Collection.
- This is the only track in Sonic R that does not have weather.
- This track is slightly similar to the course "Rainbow Road" from the Mario Kart series.
- This track has two songs. If the player is controlling Super Sonic, the song "Super Sonic Racing" will play. Otherwise, the song played will be "Diamond in the Sky."
- This is the only course that contains a dead-end.
- This is the only track to not have a description in the instructions manual, perhaps since this was final, but secret level.
|Characters||Sonic (Super Sonic) | Tails | Knuckles | Amy | Dr. Robotnik | Metal Sonic | Tails Doll | EggRobo | Metal Knuckles|
|Courses||Resort Island | Radical City | Regal Ruin | Reactive Factory | Radiant Emerald|
|Objects||Accelerator | Balloon | Chaos Emeralds | Item Panels/Power-Up Items (Fleet Feet, Numbered Item Panel/Numbered Power-Up Item, Lightning Shield, Water Shield) | Ring Gate | Rings | Sonic Token/Sonic Coin | Spring|
|Moves/Techniques||Double Jump | Flying | Gliding | Homing Missile | Spin Dash Roll | Turbo Boost|
|Sonic R||Back in Time | Can You Feel the Sunshine | Diamond in the Sky | Living in the City | Super Sonic Racing | Work It Out | You're My Number One|
|Other||Egg Mobile | Gallery | Loop | Time Attack|