Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RhinoBot (リノボット Rinobotto?), later known in Japan as the Cyclone (サイクロン Saikuron?), is an enemy that appears in Sonic the Hedgehog 3. They are mass-produced rhino-based Badnik models created by Dr. Eggman.
As their name suggests, the RhinoBots are based on a rhinoceros. RhinoBots are similar to Moto Bugs in terms of design, with a single wheel below their body. Their body is covered in grey armor with orange lines and small ventilation holes. RhinoBots' head reminisces of a rhinoceros, with two horns on their orange nose area, mean black eyes and metallic triangular ears.
RhinoBots appear in Angel Island Zone where they drive around back and forth on flat terrain with linear pattern. Because of this, RhinoBots do not drop down from hillocks, but rather does a hard U-turn. RhinoBots will also not fall off ledges and will turn around if they come across one.
When spotting the player, the RhinoBots will try dashing into the playable character. While they can rival the playable characters' running speed, they cannot keep up with a Spin Dash. The player can simply jump over the Rhinobots, but they will then do a U-turn and attempt attacking the character from behind. The player can simply Spin Jump, Spin Attack into RhinoBot or even load the Spin Dash to defeat it and free Animal inside of it.
Powers and abilities
In other media
Sonic the Comic
The RhinoBot made a small appearance in Sonic the Comic where it had a gray color scheme and was capable of speech. During an attack by Badniks on the Emerald Hill Zone, a RhinoBot gave a decent chase to Sonic, who lead him into a pit filled with spikes.
In French Sonic Adventures comic book, Robotnik sends numerous badniks into huge chase after Sonic and Tails when they got escaped from his spaceship. When Sonic and Tails fall into the river, Robotnik then drops RhinoBots on parachutes to chase them on edges of the river until Sonic and Tails fall down to the waterfall.
- There are many robots later in the series, that bear huge resemblance to RhinoBot. Many of these enemy robots include E-02 Rhinotank from Sonic Adventure and Rhinoliner from Sonic Heroes.
- The badnik's name was alternatively spelled "Rhinobot" in Sonic Jam.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Sega Genesis) North American instruction manual pg. 22.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (Sega Mega Drive) Japanese instruction manual pg. 37.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 3 card number 01 from Sonic Tweet.
- ↑ Japanese titled enemies of Sonic the Hedgehog 3 listed on the GHZ.
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #45, "Day of the Death Egg".