|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic X continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
When in the hands of Sonic the Hedgehog, he can draw upon their power to temporarily make himself more powerful. This lets him enter "Super Spin Mode" where he performs a powerful Spin Attack which increases his speed and turns him into a nearly unstoppable projectile. Using more Rings at once boosts his power even further. The Rings are genetically encoded to respond only to Sonic's physiognomy which is why no other is affected by their energy. Regardless, they can still be used as potent power sources for machinery and have their energy conducted through wiring.
As stated by Tails, Rings are produced with the aid of the Chaos Emeralds. While the procedure is not shown, Sonic and his allies usually have a number of Rings ready for deployment, as the Rings are apparently used up after Sonic's usage. Tails' different aircrafts are also stored with Rings which he can reject to Sonic during the heat of battle.
- It is implied by Sonic that Rings may originate from another world entirely.
- In the comics, another type of Rings appeared in the virtual reality world reminiscent of the original Sonic the Hedgehog video game that Sonic and his friends were trapped in. As demonstrated by Sonic, these Rings do not provide a power boost to him. Instead, they protected the wielder from harm via any attack or environmental obstacle, serving an identical purpose to the Rings from the video games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic X #2 "See Sonic! Sea Battle! Sea Sonic See Battle!"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Miki, Koji (28 September 2003). "Countdown to Chaos (Japanese dub)". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 26.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (13 December 2003). "Skirmish in the Sky". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 15.
- ↑ Miki, Koji (25 October 2003). "Satellite Swindle". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 8.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic X #10, "No Thanks for the Memories! Part One"
- ↑ Sonic X #11, "No Thanks for the Memories! Part Two"