|This group exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
Robian is a term that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a term applied to roboticized mobians, though it is frowned upon by some who feel that they should not be regarded as being anything other than regular mobians.
The first robian to come into being was Jules Hedgehog, whom his brother Charles Hedgehog subjected to Roboticization in order to save him from a fatal injury. Unfortunately, due to the process being tempered with, Jules-and all subsequent subjects-were left as machines with no will of their own. The robians acted as the primary labor force for Dr. Ivo Robotnik in Robotropolis and in various territories across Mobius. Though generally lacking free will, Dr. Robotnik occasionally reprogrammed them to give them some free-thinking capabilities, which often resulted in their true memories becoming distorted. After Robotnik's death, the robians within Robotropolis regained their free will (a side-effect from the Ultimate Annihilator) and wanted to separate from the main mobian population and have their own home in Knothole, feeling that they would never be accepted back into the normal population. Distrust, paranoia, and a law declaring the dismantlement of all robians by King Max (whose was influenced and controlled by Ixis Naugus at the time) led to civil war. Eventually, thanks to the Knothole Freedom Fighters' intervention between on both sides and rescuing the king, the brief war came to an end with no casualties, and the mobians and robians learned to live together in peace.
During Sonic and Tails' quest to track down Ixis Naugus, they encountered robians in the Kingdom of Mercia, Sand Blast City and the Great Rainforest that were still under the late Robotnik's influence. While the robians of Mercia remained under the control of the High Sheriff, the robians in the latter two regions had no commander, but wandered around aimlessly in hordes firing at anyone that strayed into their path with their opti-burst arrays. When Dr. Eggman took over Dr. Robotnik's position, all the robians were all bent to his will, and increased in number after the Shadowbots invaded Knothole. Many of the robians living in Robotropolis had their free will restored by the Sword of Acorns, though others around the globe remained Eggman's mindless servants.
In 3236, the Bem reversed the roboticization effect on everyone else except for Jules Hedgehog, Bunnie Rabbot, and a group of Dragons, who were deep beneath the planet's surface and thus remained roboticized. Bunnie was unaffected because she had previously had her roboticized limbs replaced with regular cybernetics for health reasons, while Jules's old Great War injuries would be restored and kill him if he was ever de-roboticized. As a plus, Eggman was unable to re-roboticize any other former robians.
However, not all of the former robians ended up being able to return to their former homes. Notably, several members of the Wolf Pack Nation went missing, and ended up as part of the Soumerca Dark Egg Legion. Similarly, Beauregard Rabbot informed his niece Bunnie that the Sand-Blasters hadn't trusted the former robians and treated them as second-class citizens, driving them into the badlands. Wanting to protect his group, Beauregard was forced to approach the Eggmn Empire for help; the former robians received cybernetic upgrades and joined the Dark Egg Legion, forming the Great Desert branch.
When Eggman reset the universe in Operation: Clean Sweep with his new weapon, the Death Egg Mark 2, one of his end goals was to nullify the worldwide immunity to Roboticization. When it was revealed that Eggman's new weapon had the ability to roboticize the whole planet, Sally sacrificed herself by ordering Nicole to direct the beam on her, thus turning her into Mecha Sally while leaving the rest of the world unscathed. In the process, Eggman had discovered that his attempt to nullify the immunity had failed, as he and Sonic, who both possessed the immunity, where unaffected, despite being within the radius of the blast. With the immunity still in place, Eggman proceeded to round up mobians and roboticize as many as possible, while leaving those with the immunity to he Legionised.
When Eggman reset the Prime Zone a second time, in collaboration with Dr. Wily, they used Roboticization, combined with robotic technology from Wily's native Earth in the year 20XX to turn Sonic's friends into the Roboticized Masters.
List of robians
- Amadeus Prower
- Amy Rose
- Armand D'Coolette
- Beauregard Rabbot
- Bernadette Hedgehog
- Blaze the Cat
- Charmy Bee
- Espio the Chameleon
- Friar Buck
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Lupe Wolf
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Rouge the Bat
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Sir Charles Hedgehog
- Snively Robotnik
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Valdez the Chameleon
- Various Dragons
- Vector the Crocodile
- Though not so named, robians are one of many elements of the comic series to carry over from the Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon, also appearing in Sonic Underground.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #46, "Countdown to Armageddon"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #78, "Tales of the Great War Part 6: What Really Happened"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #79, "Tales of the Great War The Conclusion: Life Under-ground"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Roboticizer"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #39, "Race Against the Machine"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #2, "Brave New World"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #4, "The Return of the King"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #58, "Friendly Rouges & Foul Villans"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #62, "Icon"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #63, "Icon 2 Cult of Personality"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #100, "Reunion"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #123, "The Last Robian"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #155, "The Price of Flame Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #156 - "The Price of Flame Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic Super Special #11, "Bunnie Rabbot: Upgrade"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #134, "Home: Epilogue Say You Will"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #214, "Reigning Cats and Dogs Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #217, "Thicker Than Water Part One"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #230, "...Two Steps Back"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #236, "Cry Freedom!"
- ↑ Mega Man #24, "When Worlds Collide Part One: Kindred Sprits"