"Robo-Ninjas" is the sixty-forth episode of the series Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
This episode was written by Francis Moss.
- Dr. Robotnik
- Kwai Chang Crane (First and only appearance)
- Grasshopper (First and only appearance)
- 6 generic Robo-Ninjas (First and only appearance)
After a failed attempt to trap Sonic, Scratch and Grounder decide to beat up an old crane walking down the road to blow off some steam. The crane introduces himself as Kwai Chang Crane then effortlessly beats up the two badniks. Dr. Robotnik and Coconuts see this through a surveillance camera hanging in a nearby tree. Coconuts gets very excited (because he watches a lot of martial arts movies) and tells Robotnik about Ninjas. Robotnik decides he must capture Kwai Chang Crane and use him to make Scratch and Grounder into great warriors.
While innocently walking and playing his flute, Crane is nabbed by Robotnik's Egg-o-Matic. While enjoying some Chili Dogs Sonic and Tails see Robotnik fly by with Crane. Sonic is suspicious because Robotnik did not attack them and does not usually hang out with a crane.
Back at Dr. Robotnik's Lair, Robotnik completes his Crane Brain Drainer, a machine which will copy the ninja skills from Crane and apply them to Scratch and Grounder. The machine works and Scratch and Grounder become ninjas.
Scratch and Grounder go find Sonic and Tails who are caught a bit off guard. The heroes have a harder time than usual, but are able to escape from the robo-ninjas. Sonic still thinks he can beat them, but is not as confident.
Back at Robotnik's lair, the evil genius is upset that Scratch and Grounder failed. Crane tells him that they need his philosophy as well. Robotnik puts them back into the machine and makes them gain Crane's ninja beliefs. They come out much more intense and then leave to get Sonic.
Scratch and Grounder find Sonic and Tails who are no match for their new skills. They are even able to see through Sonic's disguises. Sonic and Tails have no choice but to retreat.
After Scratch and Grounder return home again empty handed, Robotnik decides to make a whole army of robo-ninjas.
Meanwhile Sonic and Tails meet Grasshopper who is a student of Crane's and is looking for his master. Together the three go to Robotnik's lair, but Sonic convinces them to let him go in alone. Sonic first encounters Coconuts whom he easily gets past. Upon getting inside the fortress, Sonic gets scared to see that Robotnik now has six more robo-ninjas. Luckily for Sonic, Scratch and Grounder's ninja powers wear off and they become stupid again. Tails and Grasshopper show up as Sonic's backup and together the three defeat all the robo-ninjas. Sonic goes to free Crane, but he is able to get out himself. The fortress begins to collapse and so Robotnik, Scratch and Grounder run away. The heroes escape just before the entire building explodes.
Sonic asks why Crane didn't free himself earlier and Crane simply explains that it was worth it for the adventure. Sonic then says takes his hat and says they need to go get Chili Dogs.
Scratch and Grounder are playing kick ball with Tails. Tails kicks the ball high in the air and the two badniks back up into the road trying to catch it. A truck drives through and flattens them. Sonic comes and says to never play in the street.
- Crane: "Only a fool seeks meaning from a bowl of oatmeal."
- Robotnik: "Are you calling me a fool?"
- Crane: "No, a bowl of oatmeal."
- Dr. Robotnik's Lair was destroyed in this episode and was not seen in the next/final episode Sonically Ever After. Then Robotnik had a different home in Sonic Christmas Blast. Thus we can conclude that this fortress was destroyed for good.
- This episode was not shown on Toon Disney for unknown reasons.
- When Coconuts uses Robotnik's machine to show him what a ninja is, the machine makes sounds taken from the game Super Mario Bros. This could possibly be because DiC entertainment had the sounds left over from The Super Mario Bros. Super Show. At the time this show was made (1993), Mario and Sonic were bitter rivals.
- The two martial artist characters in this episode, Kwai Chang Crane and Grasshopper, are both named after Kwai Chang Caine, the main character from the TV series Kung Fu, who was nicknamed "Grasshopper" by his Master Po.
- The name of this episode is dismal English. "Ninja" remains the same when plural.
|Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog||
|Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)||