|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the character in Sonic the Hedgehog, see Rosie (SatAM). For the original version of this character before Super Genesis Wave, see Rosie Woodchuck (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
Rosie Woodchuck, from Sonic Universe #72.
Tan, light brown
|Alignment and character traits|
Rosie Woodchuck is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. She is an anthropomorphic woodchuck who served as Princess Sally's nanny before fleeing to Knothole with her after Dr. Eggman took over Mobotropolis. There she continued to serve as a caretaker for the princess and the other young refugees of Eggman's tyranny.
Rosie is a brown woodchuck with buck teeth. She wears a blue dress with gold/yellow linings. She was white hair, which was once blue. In the pre-super wave, like all the other non-video gaming dual reality characters, she wears white gloves.
Rosie spent a number of years as Princess Sally's nanny and tutor, doing her best to help prepare the young princess for her future role as queen. Some time after Dr. Ellidy departed the kingdom, Rosie came to collect her pupil for lessons only to find her using her new handheld computer Nicole. Sally attempted to convince Rosie that Nicole would make it so that she did not need to take lessons anymore, but the pragmatic Rosie recognized that-at the time-Nicole could only provide logical solutions to problems, and not any that took into account emotion. After confronting Sally with such a problem, she apologized for putting so much pressure on her, and listened with good humor as Sally noted that she did have a lot to learn, but that she hoped Nicole could serve as her adviser.
One night, Rosie woke up Sally, and told her that they needed to hurry. The pair fled to Knothole in the Wood Zone, two of many refugees from Dr. Eggman takeover of their home city of Mobotropolis. The pair continued to live in Knothole as Sally grew up, and Rosie continued to act as a caretaker for her and for others in the village. In particular, Rosie helped young Bunnie Rabbot learn to adjust to her new robotic limbs.
Rosie is a caring individual who cares deeply for all younger children, particularly those whom she has served as a nanny for over the years. She is known to have a feisty and fun-loving personality, but can also be quite serious. In particular, she strives to help her charges prepare for the future. She speaks with a slight Scottish accent.
- Rosie is one of several characters who was introduced to the comic series from the Sonic the Hedgehog television series, in which she had a similar role as caretaker of the young Princess Sally and other Freedom Fighters. Rosie appeared only in "Blast to the Past, Part 1-2", in which the present day Sonic and Sally encountered her in the past. She had apparently been Roboticized after leaving Knothole in the original timeline, but at the pleading of the Sally from the present did not do so, and thus was a resident of the village when the pair returned to the present.
- ↑ Sonic Universe #71, "Spark of Life Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #72, "Spark of Life Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2014, "Sonic Comic Origins: Sally--The Exiled Leader"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #9, "Sonic Comic Origins - The Belle in the Machine"
- ↑ Sonic Super Digest #8 - "Sonic Comic Origins - Little Lost Soldier"
- Rosie Woodchuck at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki