|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- "Bygone Island" redirects here. For the level in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, see Bygone Island (level). For other uses, see Seaside Island (disambiguation).
Seaside Island, also known as Bygone Island, is the main setting of the Sonic Boom franchise. It is a tropical island that houses a number of villages and is where Sonic and his friends live. The island features various regions with climates and environments different from one another, such as a region of ice and snow neighboring a tropical forest.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
A millennium ago, Seaside Island was seemingly an outpost for the Ancients, given the countless local ruins of the Ancients' civilization.
In the present day, the local Village had been heavily damaged, so reconstruction projects were set up. Meanwhile, the island came under the approaching threat of the villainous Lyric the Last Ancient and his forces. However, the majority of the villagers were more concerned with the re-election of Mayor Fink. Eventually, Team Sonic came to Seaside Island to secure the Chaos Crystals. Eluding both Lyric and his temporary ally Dr. Eggman while on the island, Team Sonic used Seaside Island's Crystal Locks to reach the Chaos Crystals before defeating Lyric for good off-island. A party was subsequently held in the Village to celebrate Team Sonic's victory, where Lyric's remaining Destruction Troops were scrapped.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
Learning that Amy had been kidnapped by Lyric the Last Ancient, Sonic ventured through Seaside Coast to assemble Tails and Sticks for a rescue mission. After reigning in Sticks, Tails devised a way to track Amy, making the group head for the Scrapyard.
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
Due to Dr. Eggman's operations on Ragna Rock, fissures began erupting on Seaside Island, disrupting the local environment and prompting Team Sonic to monitor Seaside Island and the surroundings. As Team Sonic regrouped on Seaside Island to contain the local fissures, they would also pursue D-Fekt, an Eggman robot tasked with safeguarding the fissures, whom they would follow off the island.
Generations ago on Seaside Island, Badgerville (later known as the "Unnamed Village") was founded by the evil Jebediah Badger, who eventually got chased out of his village due to his greedy and corrupt ways. Afterwards, the villagers rid their home of any trace of Jebediah.
Around present day, Team Sonic was formed. This group spent years defending Seaside Island from Dr. Eggman, having saved its main settlement from the doctor hundred of thousands of times. At some point, the Cubot prototypes also went into hiding on Seaside Island to escape Eggman's plans to scrap them.
When Tails got hurt during a battle with Eggman on the island, Sonic fired him as his sidekick to keep him safe. During Sonic's subsequent sidekick try-outs however, Tails reclaimed his job after he helped Sonic foil Eggman's plot to destroy them by infiltrating the try-outs. For an evil plan, Eggman and his lackeys went to Seaside Island where they weakened Team Sonic for Obliterator Bot by living with them. However, when Obliterator Bot targeted Eggman's lair instead, Eggman got Team Sonic to help stop it. When Tails made UT, Eggman would steal this robot and use it to drive Team Sonic apart. However, Tails discovered Eggman's plot and left the island to rescue UT, prompting Team Sonic to later go save Tails from Eggman. After stopping Fire Bot's assault on the Village, Sticks got herself a pet named Buster which would annoy her team to no end. When Buster turned out to be an Eggman robot made to destroy Team Sonic though, Sticks stopped Buster without hurting him, before setting him free on the island.
After a meteor shower hit Seaside Island, but did little damage, the Awardy Awards were held in the Village. There, Team Sonic stopped Eggman from taking the Awardy Award by force. Another time, Eggman got Amy to help redecorate his lair when she felt unappreciated by her team. Feeling guilty for not treating Amy well, Team Sonic left soon after to get her back to the island. Later at Meh Burger, Eggman hired Dave the Intern as his intern. However, Sonic and Tails would soon leave the island to save the world from Doomsday Devices set off by Eggman and Dave.
Eggman eventually sent some Evil Cookies to Seaside Island which everyone on Team Sonic, except Sonic, ate, turning them into clones of Eggman. Sonic thus had to trek the island to make a cure for his team when he left to save them. During a race across the island, Sonic and Tails met the Gogobas who kept sticking to them so they could protect them. In the end, Sonic and Tails made them stick to Eggman during one of Eggman's attacks. Orbot and Cubot would later come to Seaside Island in search of Eggman, where they incorrectly determined his fate after asking the locals. Then, when Cowbot attacked Team Sonic on Seaside Island, Sonic and Tails were forced to go save Eggman when they made Cowbot target the doctor.
Following a fight with Octopus Bot, most of Team Sonic would help T.W. Barker out with a show on the island while Tails left to work on his Unbolterizer. When Barker kept the heroes as his performers against their will however, Tails rescued them. Seaside Island was later invaded by Eggman's forces when the luck balance of the universe had shifted in Eggman's favor, making him untouchable. However, using Knuckles' currently bad luck which they had been dealing with all day, Team Sonic stopped Eggman and saved the island. A meteor later landed on the island which would switch Sonic and Eggman's minds, leading to several escapades as Sonic worked to get his body back from Eggman.
Seaside Island endured further small evil plots from Eggman before entering a time of peace as Eggman lost his motivation. Sonic's restlessness over the island's peace annoyed his team however, prompting them to re-motivate Eggman. By accident, Tails later destroyed the island's beige berry orchard. As he replanted the trees while his team went to the local pie festival, Tails ignorantly joined the Lightning Bolt Society after Dave had unknowingly seeded some mutant plants. Most of Team Sonic thus had to get Tails back from the Lightning Bolts' initiation ceremony while eluding Eggman to stop the mutant plants. Soon after, Eggman sued Sonic when he faked being injured by him during one of their fights. The following island-renowned trial was held in the Village, and Sonic stood to loose until Amy exposed Eggman's fraud.
As Eggman began selling tomato sauce, every local resident would buy some of it. However, it soon turned out to be an evil scheme when the sauce cans began turning appliances into an army for Eggman to take over the island with. The plan was foiled by Team Sonic. For another scheme, Eggman staged a set-up across the island that made it seem like Sonic was making a horrible noise, thus tricking the hedgehog to wear his Power-absorbant Insoles which would power his Giant Robot with Sonic's running. When Giant Robot faced Team Sonic on the island though, Sonic beat it by overloading it with power. Seaside Island and the rest of the universe later got caught in an timeloop created by one of Eggman's attacks on Team Sonic, making everyone on the island relieve the same day until Eggman and Team Sonic joined forces and broke the loop.
When Sonic and Knuckles awoke a Granifer Giganticus, the giant would lounge across the island as Team Sonic tried to make it fall asleep again, while protecting it from Eggman. After dealing with the rock monster's kidnapping of Sticks, Team Sonic lured it off the island. Amidst another battle deep within the island, Sonic and Eggman got trapped in Buddy Buddy Temple. However, the pair managed to escape together and bring their allies to safety after they fell into the temple as it began collapsing. As Orbot and Cubot sought a new home on Seaside Island, they learned Eggman's new friend Nominatus plotted to seize Eggman's tech to destroy all lifeforms. Escaping from their own forces to Seaside Island, Eggman and his lackeys made a temporary true with Team Sonic and stopped Nominatus together. When Sonic then had to return a library book, he would get side-tracked all over the island by Eggman and many others before he returned the book.
In a battle of the sexes, Sonic and Knuckles had a race against Team Sticks through the wilderness of the island to Hidden Meadows, which the latter pair won with ease. When Eggman then got lured into a tech-based prank on the island by Team Sonic, he decided to forsake tech for the time being. Not long after, the island got bombarded by random attacks from Eggman's lair, caused by the Lightning Bolt Society who had occupied the lair. In the end, Team Sonic and Eggman united to stop the group. Soon after, the Battle of the Buns erupted in the Village, where Chez Amy and Meh Burger competed against each other to attract customers. While Chez Amy ultimately won with the aid of Eggman, the restaurant would be destroyed shortly after by a disgruntled Eggman. Swifty the Shrew later appeared and the villagers were captivated by this new hero, except for Sonic, and gradually the rest of his team. When Swifty then got Sonic banished from the Village by "beating" him in a race, Eggman revealed Swifty was his robot agent. As Eggman's forces trashed the Village for a theme park, the Village Council brought Sonic back, who then handled Eggman. Believing later that her team had been cursed, Sticks took Team Sonic to a mystical mamoset on the island to break the curse, whom they saved from Eggman as well. When the island's annual Chili Dog Cook-Off arrived, Team Sonic discovered that phony peppers were in circulation, prompting Knuckles to go find a new pepper, only to disappear. His friends found him a day after the cook-off, passed out from eating a potent pepper.
Foiling Eggman's Explode-o-nut, Team Sonic helped with Sticks' forced yardsale when the entrance to the caves of the evil Froglodytes beneath the island was unearthed. Saving Sticks from the Froglodytes after they kidnapped her, Team Sonic resealed the villanous frogs in their caves. The Village was later thrown into chaos when Knuckles was made deputy mayor, so Team Sonic and Eggman joined forces to stop him. However, when Eggman turned against the heroes, Team Sonic kept him from seizing power over the Village. Eventually, Eggman went to Seaside Island to shoot a mind-enslavement movie and tricked Team Sonic's members into helping him, although the plan would still fail. A uproar in the Village subsequently arose when the villagers believed Sonic was being insensitive towards Mike the Ox. Eventually, the villagers' attitude made Sonic retire despite his attempts to make it right. With the other heroes gone on a trip, the Lightning Bolt Society took this opportunity to harass the villagers until Sonic returned, who handled both the Lightning Bolts and an Eggman attack at the same time, and earned back the villagers' respect.
When an alternate Knuckles appeared on Seaside Island, Team Sonic helped him get home before his presence could destroy their reality. Orbot and Cubot were later sent to Seaside Island to capture the troublesome Cubot prototypes. Instead, the duo got Sonic and Tails to help the prototypes, whom Cubot joined. Eggman thus went to destroy the prototypes himself, but Sonic and Tails stopped him while Cubot returned to Eggman's service. As Dave tried in vain to destroy Team Sonic himself and prove himself a villain, he inadvertently caught Eggman and hijacked his robots. However, his next attack on the Village went poorly and he was defeated by Sonic after he freed Eggman. On New Year's Eve, after his failure with his Ball Bots, Eggman launched his Slow Motion Machine at the Village Center's party to slow down time long enough for him to beat Sonic once before the New Year. In the end, Sonic let Eggman win and the doctor restored time, though no one saw his victory.
As the Justin Beaver feber hit the island, the female villagers became Justin fan girls and consumer zombies due to Justin's mind control music. When Justin's producer Dixon sat up a concert to spread the mind control though, Dreamboat Express/Dude-itude stopped him. After stopping Eggman's Decimator Bot attack, Team Sonic would help Tails face his crush Zooey. While their advises failed, Tails won Zooey over in his own way while stopping an Eggman attack on the Village. Another time, Sonic and Knuckles joined Bro-Down Showdown to win a new couch for Amy. However, Sonic got paired up with Eggman for the show instead, which was planned by Eggman so he could set Obliterator Bot loose on the Village while Sonic was occupied. However, Sonic gave up the couch to help Knuckles stop the robot.
Amongst Comedy Chimp's publicity shots, Knuckles became the island's new celebrity with his trash can trend, eventually replacing Comedy Chimp on the Comedy Chimp Show. As such, Comedy Chimp elicited Eggman to steal back his show. With his friends protecting him from Eggman, Knuckles rejoined his team, while Comedy Chimp reclaimed his job. Sonic, Knuckles and Amy later found Perci after an accident and took her to Tails' Workshop to help her when the building caught on fire. Tails thus spent some time sorting out what had happened. Eventually, a crime wave hit the Village. With Sonic as the prime suspect and poised to be arrested, Sonic went underground. Discovering it was one of Eggman's plots, Sonic and his allies cleared Sonic's name by bringing in the true thief: Metal Sonic.
With the arrival of the Robot Battle Royale, the island's inventors met up for a battle tournament. There, Eggman stole Tails' Hypnobot which he used to recruit Tails' inventions for a new army. However, he was stopped by Team Sonic. While Seaside Island was hit by a heatwave, the Archipelago Homeowners Association learned Eggman was illegally housing robots and threatened him with eviction. Meanwhile, Team Sonic noticed Eggman's latest Badniks were acting strange and left the island to investigate, promptly saving the homeowners association from Eggman. As Fuzzy Puppies came to the island, many villagers would take up the game, including Amy and Eggman, who bonded over the game. At Puppy Con however, Eggman tried stealing a rare game piece, until Amy put him in his place.
After Team Sonic foiled his plans to demoralize the Village, Eggman made them fight him not as a group but one at a time, allowing him to beat each hero. Finally though, Team Sonic beat Eggman by switching out as needed instead of sticking to a schedule. Upon saving the Village for the millionth time, Team Sonic got the Greatest Role Model of All Time Award. Because the team still horsed around though, Mayor Fink gave them an image specialist to make them better role models, who soon kept them from using force against Eggman. However, Sticks got her team back to their old ways. On a particular poor day, Team Sonic upset Amy badly due to her play A Rose Without Thorns. As such, they put up her play in the Village as an apology.
Knuckles later tried to make amends to Charlie for past mistakes, only to ruin Charlie's life and drive him towards villainy. While initially reluctant, Knuckles eventually beat Charlie, who had managed to get back on his feet. As Team Sonic tried building a bookcase in the Village, they were attacked by Team Eggman. Even with Shadow the Hedgehog coming to the villains' aid though, Team Sonic won the fight.
While promoting his next movie, actor Tommy Thunder saw Team Sonic stop Eggman and began observing Sonic's heroics for insight on his next role, only to take credit for Team Sonic's actions. However, when the cowardly Tommy provoked Eggman to attack him, Sonic rescued him. Regardless, Sonic let Tommy keep his credit so Tommy's fans would not be let down. When he later revealed to Seaside Island that an asteroid would hit the planet, Eggman used the situation to earn a profit by putting spots in his bunker up for sale for the villagers to ride out the impending apocalypse in. Thanks to Team Sonic though, the asteroid was shattered into manageable pieces which Sonic could deflect before they hit the island.
When the water began vanishing, Sticks set up a podcast to bring news on the crisis to the public when the media would not. When Sticks uncovered Eggman as the water thief, her podcast became so popular that she got her own TV news gig. However, she quit after she realized she had sold herself out, starting a village revolt against the local powers in the process which was soon calmed and directed into stopping Eggman's next scheme. Team Sonic later conducted experiments to boost Sonic's speed on the island when Sonic got stuck on another plane of existence when trying out the Ultrasonic Speed Amplifier. Exploiting Sonic's absence, Eggman ambushed the Village with his Badniks. However, his plan failed when Team Sonic brought Sonic back, who helped his friends beat Eggman's forces.
After giving a speech at Career Day, Sonic met Mark the Tapir, his biggest fan, whom Sonic would hire as his assistant. However, the obsessive Mark soon trapped Sonic in his cabin so they could spend all their time together. Though most of Team Sonic got caught by Mark too when they came looking for Sonic, the heroes soon broke free and beat Mark. Sonic and Tails, after beating Vacuum Bot, then had a bet to see if the latter could catch the former. Although Tails would in his zeal leave his friends stuck in the traps he tried using on Sonic when they fell into them, he soon caught Sonic, only for Eggman to attack the helpless hero. Tails thus railed his team, and together they saved Sonic and beat Eggman. Tails then apologized for his zeal and took his bet's punishment.
After stopping an Eggman attack on the island, Team Sonic found Dr. Eggman generating a tidal wave out at sea to hit Seaside Island with and destroy the Village. Although Sonic had trouble getting into the sea due to his aquaphobia, Team Sonic got their leader to join his friends in the water, and together they diverted Eggman's tidal wave away from the island. Eggman soon after sent Dreamcaster, who brought the villagers under Eggman's control with hypnotizing TV broadcasts. The only one still free was Sticks, who got prosecuted while trying to prove Dreamcaster's existence. As Eggman had his slaves build a world-controlling satellite, Sticks returned in time to ruin the doctor's plan and free Dreamcaster's victims.
When Tails made a defense for the Village, Eggman used the flaws in Tails' invention to enter the Village and wreck havoc until Team Sonic stopped him. Doubting his intellect, Tails tried forming a "brain trust" made of copies of himself, but ended up splitting himself into several dimwitted copies. Discovering this, Team Sonic accidently made more copies when trying to remerge them. With Eggman's help though, the heroes reassembled Tails. When Team Sonic foiled another of their attacks, a sour Eggman left Orbot and Cubot to get off the island alone. However, after Eggman had the duo go back to the island on an excruciating task, a strike action arose in his lair. He thus hired new minions from the Village, prompting Sonic and Amy to launch a fruitless rescue. However, Eggman would negotiate his robots return after his new minions proved too disobedient on a trip to Seaside Island.
When the Village instated a law that forced evildoers to get a villain permit, Eggman failed its exam. Rather than wait for a do-over though, Eggman had Orbot get the permit so he could guide him from the background. As he executed Eggman's schemes on the island, Orbot would become an independent villain. When fighting Team Sonic at City Hall though, Orbot caused the new law's nullification, enabling Eggman to return to villainy while Orbot was restored as Eggman's lackey. After Team Sonic stopped another Eggman attack on the island, Knuckles was inspired to find a foster family following his recovery from some amnesia he got in the fight. After many attempts, Knuckles got taken in by Charlie and Belinda, who convinced him to be their fellow villain. When Knuckles and Charlie attacked Team Sonic though, Knuckles would return to his team and help beat Charlie. In the aftermath, Knuckles realized his team was his family all along.
Finding an Ancient ruin on the island, Team Sonic recovered a mech suit which Sonic claimed and used to foil Eggman's latest ambush. However, the mech suit soon took control of Sonic, corrupting him. Leaving his team, Sonic briefly joined forces with Eggman to strong-arm the Village, only to seize the plot for himself when Eggman wanted to betray him. Thankfully, Sonic's friends would dispel the mech suit's influence over Sonic. While out after playing a video game with his team, Sonic got attacked by Eggman and his new robot, FiendBot. However, FiendBot would betray Eggman to become Sonic's friend. Although Sonic would accept FiendBot, his team did not trust the robot until he sacrificed himself while helping them stop an Eggman attack. After fixing "FriendBot", Team Sonic made him a part of the team and gave him a home with the Cubot prototypes, whom he could protect. Team Sonic later foiled Eggman's search for Ancient tech on the island before investigating some robberies. Finding the thief to be Og, a friendly Froglodyte seeking a new life on the surface, Team Sonic would watch Og out of suspicion. Meanwhile, other Froglodytes would use that which let Og escape their caves to invade the Village. However, Team Sonic and Og would force the frogs back home and reseal their caves.
Having won a lamp, Knuckles bought a home on the island to keep it in from T.W. Barker. Getting strong-armed by Barker to pay the unfair house fees however, Knuckles had to spent time away from his team's adventures to earn money from two jobs. When Knuckles lost his jobs though, Team Sonic helped him revoke his contract with Barker at the cost of his house. It was later that the Unnamed Village's Meroke Crystal died out, leaving much of the island without electricity. As such, Team Sonic traveled deep into the mountains on Seaside Island and got a replacement crystal from a deadly trap built by the Ancients, which they used to restore the town's power. Discovering later the Unnamed Village's real name and its ties to the evil Jebediah Badger, the villagers wanted the town renamed. This led to a referendum to decide a new town name, one which Eggman used to get himself elected as the Village leader for a plot to legally destroy the Village. However, Eggman got removed from power and had his plan foiled by Team Sonic. Afterwards, the town got rechristened "Hedgehog Village".
Seeking revenge at Meh Burger and its customers, Eggman bought about positive changes to Meh Burger that led to a grand reopening. There, the doctor trapped Meh Burger and the visitors (most of Team Sonic included) in a force-field and sent the whole site towards space. However, Meh Burger and its visitors were brought back down thanks to Sticks and Dave the Intern. After Eggman failed to steal the Fregosi Sapphire (due to Team Sonic) when it was uncovered on Seaside Island, Amy ended up adopting a Bee Bot Eggman had left behind, whom she named "Bea". When Eggman noticed this, he took Bea back despite Amy's attempts to hide her on the island and used her to steal the Fregosi Sapphire from Team Sonic. Team Sonic, however, ultimately got both the Sapphire and Bea back to Seaside Island. With the island's Science Fair Awards having been held, Team Sonic beat Eggman and his forces when they attacked them. Soon after, Sonic and Eggman went on a playdate Mombot had set up on the island (which did not work out). Meanwhile, Tails tried teaching Beth the Shrew about science, only to face some issues along the way.
When Tails mistook a muddy Knuckles for the mythical Muckfoot during one of the echidna's sleepwalks in the jungle, he used this to assert Muckfoot as real. Tails was thus praised as a hero and Muckfoot Mania swept the Village. Once he realized his mistake though, Tails could not bring himself to tell this to the adoring villagers. However, when Knuckles got caught by Barker, who wanted Muckfoot as his attraction, Team Sonic rescued Knuckles, and Tails had no choice but to admit his mistake to the public. Later, while enjoying the product of Tails' improved Build-it Box, Team Sonic would stop an attack on the Village by Eggman. Meanwhile, Nominatus, Beta and Retro would hijack the Build-it Box and use it to enter the real world. As the trio of viruses prepared to unleash an army on the island to conquer the world with however, Team Sonic and Eggman caught wind of their activities and worked together to imprison them.
After Team Sonic and Eggman fought on the beach, Sonic was attacked by Eggman with Decimator Bot in the Village, but with the help from the benevolent Steve Eggman, Sonic won the fight. Sonic thus made Steve a part of Team Sonic, who helped them rescue civilians from a volcanic eruption on the island. Afterward, Team Sonic was slowly disbanded due to the machinations of Steve, who was really a shapeshifting robot aiding Eggman. However, the team soon realized the plot and reunited in time to help Sonic beat Eggman and Steve when they attacked him. A widabit later chose Sonic's Shack for its courting ritual, forcing Sonic to bunk with Tails. Growing impatient, Sonic and Tails tried in vain to advance the widabit's ritual. Instead, their attempt lead to several widabits gathering at Sonic's Shack, just as Team Sonic was stopping another of Eggman's schemes on the island. Although Team Sonic would later gather enough widabits at the shack to legally relocate them, two widabits' courting ritual forced Sonic to delay this for a week.
Team Sonic eventually fought Eggman on the island again. Meanwhile, the Morristown robots Mighton and Bolts crash-landed on Seaside Island, where they came to Eggman's aid after seeing Team Sonic smash Eggman's robots. After Eggman left with his new allies, Team Sonic investigated their new arrivals' origins until Orbot and Cubot told them that Eggman held them captive in his lair. Saving Mighton and Bolts, Team Sonic helped fix their ship. After the duo left the island though, Team Sonic got attacked by the Cubot prototypes. The team subdued the prototypes (for a while) however, and Tails learned that a malware signal from Morristown was controlling them. Meanwhile, the same signal made Eggman's robots attack the Village. As they fought Eggman's robots, Team Sonic found out the cause for their behavior, making Sonic and Tails go to Morristown to stop the signal, while Amy, Knuckles and Sticks kept the robots in the Village at bay. On the way, Sonic and Tails used one of Morristown's spaceships to sneak into the city after making said ship crash on Seaside Island. Meanwhile, the robots in the Village proved too much for Amy, Knuckles and Sticks to handle, so Knuckles inspired the villagers to help them. Eventually, Sonic stopped Hypnobot, the source of the malware signal, by kicking him into a lake on Seaside Island from Morristown, which calmed the island's robots. As Seaside island recuperated from the crisis though, Eggman would retrieve Hypnobot from the island. Hundreds of Eggman robots soon after flew over Seaside Island when Eggman and Hypnobot set out to conquer Morristown. Along the way, Hypnobot used his powers to make rogue Eggman robots on the island join him. Noticing the robots, Amy, Knuckles and Sticks followed them by hitching a ride on a possessed FriendBot.
Having been foiled by Team Sonic on the island again, Eggman created his FleaBots and had them planted on the team. The FleatBots turned Team Sonic into itchy messes and got them quarantined, while Eggman ravaged Hedgehog Village. Once Team Sonic were released and discovered what the FleaBots really were though, they went to Eggman's and had them removed. The Lightning Bolt Society later became bowling superstars when trying out a new vocation after too many defeats, but the ensuing frame soon caused the group to break up. Having lost to the Lighting Bolts in bowling, Team Sonic tried reuniting them so they could have a rematch, but after the heroes had to stop Eggman's latest attack on the Village, their chance for a rematch got dashed when the Lightning Bolts decided to reunite and return to being evildoers. Dude-itude went on a road trip some time after to reach a concert on the other side of the island. However, the crew faced various distractions and troubles on the way, and when they arrived at their destination, they learned that their concert was not due for another month. Meanwhile, Amy and Sticks would distract Eggman so they could have the weekend to themselves. When Eggman learned that he had been played however, he tore through the Village, prompting Amy and Sticks to stop him. Belinda attacked the Village immediately after when Charlie would not, but was stopped by Amy and Sticks too. Afterward, Belinda got a supervillain weapon from Charlie on their anniversary.
Eggman soon visited the island a few times to talk with Mayor Fink, first to discuss his trash collection, and then his government fees. Orbot and Cubot also came to the island to advertise Eggman's new hotel, catching the interest of Team Sonic. At the end of these events, Eggman contacted the Mayor's office to negotiate his fees' nullification, but that issue ended up solving itself. When Eggman later returned to Seaside Island, it was revealed that he was not a doctor. When Hedgehog Village heard of this, they would treat Eggman as a joke during his next visit. To regain his dignity, Eggman went to Professor Kingsford's class on the island to get his Ph.D. in evil. While Eggman focused on his studies, Team Sonic would spent this period of peace goofing off. In the end, after many huddles, Eggman got his Ph.D. Following a trip to Barker's Haunted Forest, Eggman thought that ghosts were after him, prompting him to research exorcism on the island. Ultimately taking pity on Eggman, Sonic and Tails had Barker show him that he had nothing to fear. When Barker scammed an oblivious Eggman out of his properties however, the scientist tried settling down on Seaside Island until Sonic showed him Barker's game. Barker soon after attacked Team Sonic on Seaside Island with Eggman's robots, during which Eggman made Barker return his properties to him. Eggman then proceeded to fight Team Sonic.
While on Seaside Island, Eggman was inspired to build a new MeBot. When it would not work without a proper power source however, Eggman went to the island to mope. There, he learned of the Tummel Crystal, which could power MeBot. Searching Buddy Buddy Temple for the relic, Eggman met the Froglodytes and managed to employ them to force the Gogobas to look for the crystal. However, Team Sonic soon came to save the Gogobas. Though Eggman found the crystal and got MeBot up and running, Sonic stopped him and took the crystal. Team Sonic then got the Gogobas home.
After driving Dr. Eggman's Big Boy off Seaside Island, Team Sonic helped Tails reclaim his house from the Rock-cyborg. The doctor soon returned with the Big Boy, but Team Sonic managed to drive it away again despite complications brought on by Knuckles' attempts to prove his smarts. However, Amy lost her hammer in the process, so most of Team Sonic searched the island for it while Sticks kept Amy calm. They eventually found the hammer, after it was launched back to Seaside Island from Eggman's lair. Team Sonic was attacked by an upgraded Big Boy again not long after, but thanks to Sticks and the Rock of Justice, the heroes pulled off a narrow victory.
Feeling destructive, Eggman made several trips to Seaside Island to sell a bridge to destroy, and later to try to earn the villagers' trusts for new plots, only for the majority of his attempts to end badly. Soon after, Eggman set up the Go-kart Pan-island Grand Prix and got Team Sonic to compete with him in a race around Seaside Island. While Sonic won the race in spite of Eggman's dirty play, Eggman got the data he needed for Project Hodge Podge. When the Maverick Hunters then arrived on Seaside Island, Sticks and her team joined them on a cross-dimensional adventure, which she would tell to her skeptical team afterwards.
When Sonic let Kyle the Gorilla crash with him after getting him out of Eggman's lair, the hedgehog spent some time helping Kyle get a job on Seaside Island. Eggman himself would soon after spy on Team Sonic with cameras around the island to find his lost earpiece.
Other game appearances
Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom
In Sonic Dash 2: Sonic Boom, Seaside Island appears as two of the environments the players can travel through during their runs. One of the environments include the island's tropical wilderness and the other takes the player through Hedgehog Village.
Seaside Island has various regions, often different from one another, such as tropical forests, lush beaches, frigid snow areas, volcanoes, deserts, canyons, and mountain ranges.
- Coral Bay
- Crater Lake
- Danger Falls
- East Forest
- Froglodyte Caves
- Haunted Forest
- Hazard Jungle
- Hidden Meadows
- Jeopardy Lake
- Mount Safety
- Mystery Bay
- Peril River
- Pleasant Gardens
- Seaside Coast
- Valley of Broken Glass
- Valley of the Cubots
- West Forest
Settlements and structures
- Amy's House
- Buddy Buddy Temple (destroyed)
- Eggman's secret underground bunker
- Gogoba Village
- Hedgehog Village
- Mark the Tapir's cabin
- Seaside Harbor Light
- Sticks' Burrow
- Sonic's Shack
- Tails' House
- Tails' Workshop
- At least two unidentified villages[Note 1]
- Seaside Island's name has only been mentioned in Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- Seaside Island is referred to as "the island" in the scripts for the Sonic Boom television series.
- As implied by T.W. Barker's circus truck in "Circus of Plunders", traffic on Seaside Island drives on the right.
- Seaside Island is a seemingly large island, as it takes about fifteen hours by car to get from one side of the island to the other.
- Aside from the Comedy Chimp media empire and T.W. Barker's business, the only franchises found on Seaside Island are restricted to bodegas and carts.
- Seaside Island has a number of roadside attractions, including:
- ↑ In "Late Fees", Dave mentions that Meh Burger's warehouse lies "two villages over" from Hedgehog Village, implying there at least two other villages on Seaside Island. Producer Bill Freiberger has also the existence of at least one other village on the island.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 January 2015). "Dude, Where's My Eggman?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 10. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1 introduction page
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Grenier, Benoit (11 March 2017). "Unnamed Episode". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 70. Boomerang.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Harisson, Reid (24 October 2015). "Role Models". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 49. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Grenier, Benoit (24 July 2015). "Beyond the Valley of the Cubots". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 36. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "The Sidekick". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 1. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (8 November 2014). "Can an Evil Genius Crash on Your Couch for a Few Days?". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 2. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (15 November 2014). "Translate This". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 3. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (15 November 2014). "Buster". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 4. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (22 November 2014). "My Fair Sticksy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 5. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Watson, Mitch (22 November 2014). "Fortress of Squalitude". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 6. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 November 2014). "Double Doomsday". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 7. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Derrien, Jean-Christophe; Liemt, Romain Van (6 December 2014). "Eggheads". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Pugsley, Tom; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (31 January 2015). "Cowbot". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 11. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Polsky, Dave (14 February 2015). "Unlucky Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 13. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Derrien, Christophe (21 February 2015). "The Meteor". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 14. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (28 February 2015). "Aim Low". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 15. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (14 March 2015). "Don't Judge Me". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 17. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (21 March 2015). "Dr. Eggman's Tomato Sauce". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 18. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Barichella, Thomas (28 March 2015). "Sole Power". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 19. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (4 April 2015). "Hedgehog Day". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 20. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Tuber, Douglas; Maile, Tim (11 April 2015). "Sleeping Giant". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 21. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (18 April 2015). "The Curse of Buddy Buddy Temple". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 22. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (25 April 2015). "Let's Play Musical Friends". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 23. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Gutierrez, Freddie (2 May 2015). "Late Fees". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 24. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (9 May 2015). "Into the Wilderness". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 25. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (13 July 2015). "Chez Amy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 27. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Lieblich, Doug (14 July 2015). "Blue With Envy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 28. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 July 2015). "Curse of the Cross Eyed Moose". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 29. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (16 July 2015). "Chili Dog Day Afternoon". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 30. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Trueheart, Eric (17 July 2015). "Closed Door Policy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 31. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (20 July 2015). "Mayor Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 32. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (21 July 2015). "Eggman the Auteur". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 33. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (23 July 2015). "Two Good to Be True". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 35. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (8 August 2015). "New Year's Retribution". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 38. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (15 August 2015). "Battle of the Boy Bands". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 39. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Moarbes, Charles-Henri (29 August 2015). "Bro-Down Showdown". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 41. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (5 September 2015). "Late Night Wars". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 42. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (12 September 2015). "Fire in a Crowded Workshop". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 43. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (19 September 2015). "It Wasn't Me, It Was the One-Armed Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 44. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Van Liemt, Romain; Grenier, Benoit (26 September 2015). "Robot Battle Royale". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 45. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam; Crede, Phaea; Shatraw, Justin (3 October 2015). "No Robots Allowed". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 46. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 October 2015). "Fuzzy Puppy Buddies". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 47. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (17 October 2015). "Designated Heroes". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 48. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (31 October 2015). "Cabin Fever". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 50. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (7 November 2015). "Counter Productive". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 51. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (19 November 2016). "Spacemageddonocalypse". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 54. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (26 November 2016). "Nutwork". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 55. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (3 December 2016). "Alone Again, Unnaturally". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 56. Boomerang.
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 Lieblich, Doug (10 December 2016). "The Biggest Fan". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 57. Boomerang.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (17 November 2016). "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 58. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ Shriver, Pauk (31 December 2016). "In the Midnight Hour". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 60. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (7 January 2017). "Multi-Tails". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 61. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (14 January 2017). "Strike!". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 62. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (28 January 2017). "Knuck Knuck! Who's Here?". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 64. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (4 February 2017). "Mech Suits Me". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 65. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (11 February 2017). "FiendBot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 66. Boomerang.
- ↑ Flynn, Ian (18 February 2017). "Og Man Out". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 67. Boomerang.
- ↑ Grenier, Benoit (25 February 2017). "Knine-to-Five Knuckles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 68. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- ↑ Robinson, Cindy (25 March 2017). "Give Bees A Chance". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 72. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sellner, Joelle (1 April 2017). "Mombot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 73. Boomerang.
- ↑ Burke, Kevin; Wyatt, Chris (8 April 2017). "Muckfoot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 74. Boomerang.
- ↑ Raut-Siezac, Natalys (15 April 2017). "Nominatus Rising". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 75. Boomerang.
- ↑ Lachenaud, Marine; Lachenaud, Cedric (22 April 2017). "Eggman's Brother". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 76. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (29 April 2017). "Do Not Disturb". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 77. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (6 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 1". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 78. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (27 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 4". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 81. Boomerang.
- ↑ Beardmore, Marie (3 June 2017). "Flea-ing From Trouble". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 82. Boomerang.
- ↑ Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- ↑ 86.0 86.1 86.2 86.3 86.4 86.5 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (17 June 2017). "Planes, Trains and Dude-Mobiles". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 84. Boomerang.
- ↑ Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (24 June 2017). "Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 85. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (1 July 2017). "Inn Sanity". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 86. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- ↑ Joly, Sandrine (15 July 2017). "The Haunted Lair". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 88. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (22 July 2017). "Return of the Buddy Buddy Temple of Doom". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 89. Boomerang.
- ↑ Sonic Boom #1, "Getting a Little Boulder Part One of... Er... One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #2, "Knuckleduster"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #3, "Hammer Spaced"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #4, "Sticks and Stones"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #5, "Eggtoberfest!"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #6, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #7, "Everybody's Super Sonic Racing Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #8, "Worlds Unite Part Two: Broken Heroes"
- ↑ Mega Man #52, "Worlds Unite Part Twelve: Last Rights"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #11, "Eggman Gets a Gorilla"
- ↑ Sonic Boom #11, "True Stories"
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (13 January 2017). Retrieved on 13 January 2017. “Tailooey Fan: I have a question, what is the name of the island that Sonic and his friends live and has their adventures? / Bill Freiberger: The name of the island has never been mentioned on the show. / Tailooey Fan: I know this, but, how the island is called in the scripts? / Bill Freiberger: The island.”
- ↑ Alan Denton on Twitter. Twitter (27 May 2017). Retrieved on 31 May 2017. “Gitz: What other franchises exist on the island, aside from Meh Burger and not-IKEA? / Alan Denton: Well there's the Comedy Chimp empire. And whatever that business is that Barker's running. Otherwise, mostly small bodegas and carts.”