- For other games with the same name, see Sega Smash Pack.
Sega Smash Pack was released on the Sega Dreamcast on 31 January 2001.
The game lineup is slightly different from the PC version. Sega Swirl was added which was originally on Sega Smash Pack 2, and Sonic the Hedgehog was added along with 3 other Genesis games that were new to the Smash Pack compilations. Sonic Spinball is the only game from the PC version not included in this compilation.
Sega Smash Pack on Dreamcast includes the following games originally released on the Sega Mega Drive:
- Altered Beast
- Golden Axe
- Phantasy Star II
- Revenge of Shinobi
- Sega Swirl
- Shining Force
- Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit)
- Streets of Rage 2
- Virtua Cop 2
- Wrestle War
- The game was panned for the poor sound emulation and erratic performance of the games.
- The song that plays on the menus is accessible in MP3 format when inserted into a CD-ROM drive, presumably for listening purposes.
- There is a text document within the game disc that is intended for a pirating group named Echelon. Apparently, it gives instructions on being able to play any Genesis rom on the Dreamcast. The document was signed by Gary (presumably Gary Lake, the lead American programmer for this collection).