|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Shark Bot is a character that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a mass-produced, shark-based Badnik model created by Dr. Eggman, and one of the doctor's newest classes of robotic foot soldiers, having been made specifically for underwater warfare.
Based on the great white shark, the Shark Bots share their template's size and anatomy. They have a red trunk, tail tip and head with a white snout, jaw and tail, and possess a black underbelly and chin. Their pectoral fins are black with cyan outlines, while their caudal fin is sharp and black. They also have a white upper back with a red dorsal fin and two stubby antennas. Finally, they have horizontal pupils with cyan sclera, along with sharp teeth and cyan outlines on their belly.
The Shark Bots were made by Dr. Eggman for a scheme with his Wave Machine. These minions were brought in to fight Team Sonic underwater for the first time when the Crab Bots failed. However, Sonic would ride them into Eggman's Eggmobile and Wave Machine, tipping the latter and foiling Eggman's plan. Eggman later had a Shark Bot try out for a soccer team he was assembling, but it got cut since it could not play on dry land.
Said to be bigger, meaner, and more dangerous than the classic Badniks, the Shark Bots are vicious, ruthless in battle, single-minded, without personalities, and unquestioningly dedicated to their leader's orders. They also demonstrate a degree of animalist behavior, having shown the tendency to roar and growl.
Powers and abilities
The Shark Bots are excellent high-speed swimmers, waterproof, and possess razor-sharp teeth for enhanced bites. As Eggman robots, they are also able to receive power remotely from Eggman's lair.
Despite their menacing appearance, the Shark Bots are very fragile, just like the classic Badnik. Their fish design also makes them unsuitable for land operations as they can only move around on dry ground by flopping. Also, being Eggman robots, the Shark Bots rely on Eggman's lair to provide them with power. As such, should the lair run out of power, then they will too.
- The Shark Bots were the first new Badniks to be introduced in the second season of Sonic Boom.
- The Shark Bots' appearance was first hinted in Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice, where an unlockable piece of concept artwork spoke about Dr. Eggman having come up with new classes of minions for the second season of Sonic Boom.
- According to Bill Freiberger, the Shark Bots were not based on a particular enemy from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games.
- This makes the Shark Bots the first of Eggman's minions which are not based on an enemy from the games.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (24 December 2016). "I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 59. Boomerang.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Freiberger, Sam (5 August 2017). "Victory". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 91. Boomerang.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Sanzaru Games (September 27, 2016). Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Level/Area: Sonic's Shack. "Season 2 Exclusive: Minions, the New Class: Eggman hasn’t just been resting on his laurels during the hiatus between Sonic Boom seasons 1 and 2. Our favorite evil madman has been hard at work crafting a brand new class of minions. They’re bigger, meaner, and more dangerous than ever. …But don’t worry, Team Sonic will still tear through ‘em like tin foil (the cheap dollar store kind, not the name brand stuff)."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Raut-Sieuzac, Natalys (4 March 2017). "Blackout". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 69. Boomerang.
- ↑ Bill Freiberger on Twitter. Twitter (28 December 2016). Retrieved on 29 December 2016. “Alexander Soerensen: Were the Shark Bots based on a particular Sonic enemy from the games? / Bill Freiberger: No, they weren't.”