|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic Boom continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
This speedy flier is as pesky as a mosquito, but much bigger.
— Description, Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
The Shockers' body consists of a purple eye with a slit-like pupil and green sclera. Brown armor cover the majority of their eye, except for a small opening on the front. Additionally, they have noticeably thick plating on the lower front, a vertical horn and thin leaf-like wings on the sides.
Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric
In Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, the Shockers were made by Lyric the Last Ancient about a millennium ago to aid with his plans to destroy the earth's lifeforms and conquer it. When Lyric was imprisoned before he achieved his goal, the Shockers were shut down. However, as a contingency plan, Lyric left some of them behind to be found so the finders would set him free to learn the Shockers' secrets. After Lyric escaped in the present day, he reactivated and/or reclaimed his Shockers to have them aid his schemes and battle Team Sonic..
The Shockers are a one of the most frequent enemies encountered and usually appear in groups of three or more of themselves, acting as support to other enemies. They are encountered in Lyric's Tomb, Cliff's Excavation Site, Abandoned Research Facility, Lyric's Weapon Facility, Crater Lake, Ocean Purification Plant, Creeper Gorge, Sky Citadel and Lyric's Lair.
In gameplay, the Shockers move around erratically at high speed, and approaching them slowly only makes them fly away. When attacking, they stand still for a second and give off white ripples before firing three-to-four lasers at the player. To best beat the Shockers, the player must use the Enerbeam to either throw them into walls or pull them in, though they will fly away shortly after being released in the latter case. Otherwise, they can be taken out with relatively few hits. When destroyed, the Shockers release a single Ring and a small amount of Robot Scrap.
After Team Sonic defeated Lyric, all the Shockers were subsequently scrapped.
Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal
In Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal, the Shockers were created in the Robot Facility by Lyric the Last Ancient five millennia ago to help him destroy the earth's lifeforms and conquer it. During an attack on the remaining Ancients however, the Shockers were shut down when Lyric was imprisoned. In the present, they were recovered by Lyric after he got free to search for the Crystal Shards and battle Team Sonic too.
The Shockers can only be encountered in Robot Facility. In gameplay, they fly aimlessly around until they spot the player. They will then glow briefly before trying to charge into the characters, for then to retreat to their original position. A player cannot destroy a Shocker for long however, as new ones will later respawn to take their place. Additionally, the tenth Toy the player purchases from Q-N-C's Toy Shop will be a Shocker figurine.
After Team Sonic and Shadow defeated Lyric, the Shockers were stopped once more.
The Shockers are overall mindless and silent drones unwaveringly loyal to Lyric the Last Ancient, having been programmed to obey his every command. That aside, the Shockers are noted to be very pesky, similar to a mosquito. Also, their loyalty is only superficial, as the Shockers are just soulless machines adhering to their programing, meaning their allegiance can easily shift when someone else takes control of them.
Powers and abilities
The Shockers are capable of flight using their wings and are very speedy and agile, similar to a fly. As offense, they can shoot green energy beams from their eye.
- The Shocker is the only Destruction Trooper to appear in both Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal.
- The Shockers' abilities and attack patterns in Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal are virtually identical to the Zippers'.
- In an unused biography for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, the Shocker is named "Beam Drone".
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 SONIC BOOM. Characters: Lyric the Last Ancient. Archived from the original on 23 March 2016. Retrieved on 25 July 2014. “As seen in the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U games, Lyric is the last of his kind from an ancient civilization who lived a millennium ago. His race was devoted to peacefully controlling the world’s resources. Driven mad by power, Lyric turned on his fellow Ancients and took control of the resources. Building an army of robots programmed to obey his every command, the deadly snake-like villain set out to destroy everything organic and create a world of twisted metal and robots. However, just before he could successfully take over, he was attacked by the last surviving Ancients and imprisoned forever. With his army shut down and his plans ruined, he waited in prison plotting his revenge. Years passed and Lyric began to give up hope. That is, until Sonic comes across him. Now with his army rebooted, and his plans in place, the only thing stopping Lyric from total victory is Sonic and his friends.”
- ↑ Big Red Button Entertainment (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. Nintendo Wii U. Sega. Area/Level: Abandoned Research Facility. "Dr. Eggman: Eggman. Dr. Eggman. But you can call me Dr. 'the guy who set you free so you can give me the secrets of your technology so I can be even more powerful than I already...' you know what? Just call me 'boss.' / Lyric: Who do you think made these robots and left them for you to find, you pathetic waste of carbon!"
- ↑ Sanzaru Games (21 November 2014). Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal. Nintendo 3DS. Sega. Area/Level: Sonic's Shack - Comic prequel.
- ↑ Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved on 6 March 2015.