Silver the Hedgehog (シルバー・ザ・ヘッジホッグ Shirubā za Hejjihoggu?) is an anthropomorphic silver-colored hedgehog in the Sonic the Hedgehog series of games, where he hails from at least 200 years in the future. He is a 14 year old hedgehog, weighing 35 kg and is 100 cm tall (3 ft and 3 inches).
His main role in the games is to protect the future by changing the problems in the past with the help from his psychokinesis, which are psychic powers.
Character Concept & Features
Silver was created as a psychokinetic in order to utilize the new physics engine added to Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
Official concept artwork released by Sonic Cult shows an early design of Silver. The main differences from the current final design include a long orange amount of chest fur around his neck, and bright blue eyes. His boots are also quite different. It is unknown, however, whether Yuji Uekawa, the main character designer of the Sonic series, actually produced the artwork.
More concept art of Silver was released in an interview with IGN, which was generally less similar to his current design. Notable designs include a hedgehog wearing a futuristic headset and another with markings on its hair. It is also revealed that Silver was originally planned to be a mink named "Venice"  after Venice, Italy, the place Soleanna is based on. His initial color was orange, which was changed to white-grey later, resulting in Silver's final name. He was also proposed to be a mink, but that idea was later abandoned. Silver is said to have gone through over 50 designs before reaching his final look. 
As for Silver's current design, Silver wears gold cuffs that go around his wrists and legs that rest just a bit higher than his gloves and boots. Cyan lines encircle the cuffs. Silver's boots are indigo colored down the side and have teal-colored tips. A white line goes straight down the middle to the teal tip. On the top of the middle of his shoe is a red gem-like adornment. The design on his gloves have a cyan circle that has a line at the bottom that goes down to his cuff. These channel his telekinetic ESP abilities through his shoes as do the ones on his gloves.
Silver has three conflicting back stories for Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) . On the game website, it states he came from a happy future that was never destroyed, and ended up in the past where he learned his future would be destroyed and tries to prevent it from changing for the worst. In the game guide, it is implied Silver is from the present and ends up in the future where he learns that it was destroyed during the events in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) and goes to seek what would destroy the future when he returns to the past (though it is mentioned in his walkthrough that he is from the future; see below).
The actual story is that in the game, Silver lives in a destroyed future and goes to the past to change the future for the better. He is from 200 years or possibly more in Sonic's future. In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), while Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are exploring the future, Knuckles says, "How could this be our future?" The second and third time you find out Silver's in Sonic's world, is in Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2. Right before Eggman Nega turns Sonic’s world into a card, Silver clearly states “What?! But that'll mean my future will be destroyed too!” In Sonic Rivals 2, he says to Espio and Knuckles, "I have to save your world or else my world will be destroyed as well!"
Silver first appears in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006). In a distant, post-apocalyptic future, Silver, with his best friend and partner, the pyrokinetic Blaze, work together in constant attempts to defeat the fiery monster Iblis; however, all of their attempts so far have been in vain, as Iblis is immortal and can resurrect himself. Frustrated with this, Silver desperately wonders how they can permanently destroy him, and are then approached by Mephiles who tells them of the Iblis Trigger, the one responsible for the resurrection of Iblis, and reveals that they must kill him to prevent Iblis's return. He states that the Iblis Trigger is Sonic, and sends himself, Blaze, and Silver back in time to when Sonic was still alive, although Silver and Blaze are separated fom him in the process. Silver finds Sonic after his failed attempt to save Princess Elise from Dr. Eggman during the Festival of the Sun, but is mistaken for Sonic himself by Amy and distracted before he can strike. Amy decides to help him find the person he is looking for, though he is largely unwilling to accept her help. Eventually, he warms up to her and decides to help Amy in exchange for her help, although they don't know that they are both looking for the same person: Sonic.
Soon afterward, Silver finds Sonic and attacks him. Sonic initially had the upper hand, but showed concern for him, even asking if he was alright in the end. Silver psychokinetically throws Sonic into a building, incapacitating him. Silver wonders if Mephiles was joking, wondering how someone as weak as Sonic apparently could possibly cause the apocalypse. Sonic attempts to run after Silver when Eggman captures Elise again, but Silver knocks him down and is about to deliver the final blow when Amy intervenes, allowing Sonic to escape. Silver tells Amy about the world's devastation due to Sonic's actions, but Amy refuses to believe that Sonic would ever do such a thing. She states that she would choose Sonic over the world any day even if it was true, and immediately leaves Silver. Disheartened, Silver leaves to ponder over whether or not killing Sonic to save the future is truly the right thing to do.
Blaze finds Silver at the docks and, after some conversation, she convinces him that they need to save the future by any means necessary. After failing to track Sonic down at Eggman's snowy mountain base (though they acquire Elise's blue Chaos Emerald there), they encounter Mephiles, who tells them that Sonic is at the terminal station. After tracking him down, Silver paralyzes Sonic with his psychokinesis, allowing Eggman to capture Elise once again in the confusion, and is about to kill him, when Shadow, whom Silver at first mistakes for Mephiles, intervenes, once again allowing Sonic to escape. The two fight to a standstill, and Shadow uses Chaos Control to evade Silver's intended punch and kicks Silver in the back of the head, knocking him to the ground. Refusing to be defeated and desperate to save his world, Silver pulls out his Chaos Emerald and, much to Shadow's surprise, induces Chaos Control at the same time as Shadow, opening up a time portal to the Soleanna of ten years ago. Shadow tells Silver of Mephiles' true intentions, and they both decide to go back to the day that the Solaris Project went haywire and see what really happened.
Once they arrive, Shadow and Silver witness the project's failure first hand, with a machine exploding and the Duke of Soleanna getting badly injured while protecting Elise, then only seven years old, from the blast. The hedgehog duo splits up, Shadow pursuing Mephiles, and Silver pursuing Iblis, while the Duke gives Shadow the Scepter of Darkness to imprison Mephiles. Silver tracks down Iblis and paralyzes him with his psychokinesis, and the dying Duke (despite Silver's insistence that he run) seizes this opportunity to use a Chaos Emerald to seal Iblis within the unconscious body of his daughter, entrusting Silver to take her to a safe place, and telling Elise not to cry, as doing so would release Iblis, in his dying words. Silver carries Elise out of the lab, meets up with Shadow, who has successfully captured Mephiles, and sets Elise down next to a nearby tree. Shadow leaves the Scepter of Darkness with Elise, knowing what becomes of it in the future, and they both open up another time portal to the present, which Shadow immediately jumps through. Silver, however, is just about to follow when he hears Elise call for her father in her sleep. Feeling sorry for her, Silver gives Elise his blue Chaos Emerald as a good luck charm, and then follows Shadow through the portal.
Upon their return, Silver reveals to Blaze that Mephiles had lied about Sonic being the Iblis Trigger, and realizing that Eggman may intend to release Iblis, they go to help Sonic save Elise from Eggman, arriving just in time to save Sonic from a small army of Eggman's robots; unsurprisingly, Sonic is somewhat wary of Silver at first, but graciously accepts his help, nonetheless. However, they do not make it before the Egg Carrier crashes into a mountain and explodes, killing both Elise and Eggman. After a moment of grieving, Sonic and Silver use Chaos Control to allow Sonic to travel back in time to before the Egg Carrier exploded in order to save her, and Sonic gives Silver his Chaos Emerald in order for Silver and Blaze to return to their own time, which they do. Silver and Blaze defeat Iblis once more, and he attempts to use himself as Iblis's vessel; while he is not accepted, Blaze is, and she seals Iblis within herself, and uses Chaos Control to teleport herself into another dimension to ensure that Iblis does not return, much to Silver's dismay and sadness.
Later on, after Mephiles kills Sonic and merges with Iblis, Silver is among the characters who are transported to Solaris's dimension, where they all work together to gather the Chaos Emeralds in order to resurrect Sonic and defeat Solaris. In the end, Sonic, Shadow, and Silver successfully destroy Solaris, and Sonic and Elise travel back in time to when Solaris was just a flame and extinguish him, erasing the game's events from history, and thus, resetting the timeline. What becomes of Silver's world after this is unknown.
Eggman Nega's Plans
Silver is another one of Sonic's rivals, backed by his confirmed playable appearance in Sonic Rivals. He is responding to a distress signal, though he doesn't know who is sending it. He later finds out that Eggman Nega is linked to this distress signal. Silver states that he will bring Eggman Nega back to the future where he belongs. He is also given two alternate costumes. As the events of Sonic the Hedgehog never happened, Silver and Sonic are introduced to each other for the first time, and it seems that Sonic has truly forgotten the events of the previous game (though it is implied at the end that he and Elise retain their memories of the events to some extent), as he does not seem to recognize Silver.
Silver reappears in the sequel to Sonic Rivals. He comes from the future once again to save both the past and his own time, by hiding Chao so the Ifrit cannot reach full power. Espio, on orders from Vector, follows after Silver and eventually the two work together.
Silver appears in Sonic Colors, but only in the DS version. He finds Sonic and Tails in Sweet Mountain when Tails reads a sign in the Sweet Mountain written that the place is the "future," Silver laughs and says that the future is nothing like Sweet Mountain, saying that the future is a lot happier than Sweet Mountain. This implies that after Sonic Rivals 2, the future was saved. Silver then asks Sonic to destroy 20 Eggman robots. When Sonic beats all of them, Silver asks if he needs further help, Sonic tells him that he can handle it on his own. Silver then decides to go in a ride with Blaze, until both are stopped by Orbot and Cubot. They scare the robots away with their fire and psychic powers. Then, they ask Sonic to test out a ride for his mission, which is timed. They thank Sonic for testing it out and then Sonic leaves.
Time and Time Again
Silver appears in Sonic Generations for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS and PC version as a rival boss for Modern Sonic. The chase takes place along a dilapidated highway within Crisis City. In the game, Silver has a Chaos Emerald with him and decides to challenge Sonic to a battle as a test to see if this was the real Sonic or a fake. After losing, he gives Sonic the emerald. He is later seen encouraging the two Sonics at the Center of Time, alongside Blaze and Cream. After time is restored, Silver appears and celebrates Sonic's birthday party where he is mostly seen conversing with Blaze and Shadow. In the 3DS version of Sonic Generations, Silver is fought in Tropical Resort. In this version, he has Sonic's speed like he did in Sonic Rivals, and he will teleport in front of Sonic often, as well as hurling boxes every now and then, at the people he hates.
Silver is a playable character in Sonic and the Secret Rings' party mode, though he has no role in the story. He can be played after collecting 84 Fire Souls.
Silver was originally intended to be playable in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games but was for some reason removed. Silver, along with Metal Sonic, is one of the new characters who is playable in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. He is a Skill-Type character. His signature move for the Wii version is Levitate and Teleport Dash for the DS. Silver reappears in Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games once again as a Skill-type playable character.
Silver is an unlockable character in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, but for a second time he is not involved in the story's plot. He is a Fly-Type character and his default gear is Psychic Wave, which can turn into an Air Ride to access new areas. To unlock Silver, along with Blaze (Speed-Type), and a robot named SCR-GP (Power-Type), you must beat the second story in the game (Babylon). Silver appears in the sequel Sonic Free Riders as a playable character, but, once again, is not involved in the game's story.
Silver makes a brief cameo as a sticker and a trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He is also seen occasionally in the Green Hill Zone level as one of three characters (the others being Tails and Knuckles) running/hovering through the shuttle loop. His trophy is unlocked by beating Target Test level 3 with all characters, meaning that the player can't have multiple copies of it.
- Sticker Info: Launch Power +49
- Trophy Info:
A hedgehog who traveled back in time to defeat the Iblis Trigger and therefore alter the future. Silver has a positive attitude and a strong sense of justice. He has psychokinetic powers that allow him to control physical objects, including abilities to freeze or shock enemies, which he uses to fight for peace and justice.
Silver appears as Sir Galahad, one of the Knights of the Round Table, in Sonic and the Black Knight. However, he is not one of the three main Knights of the Round Table in the game, and again only appears when he is unlocked in adventure mode for multiplayer. Curiously, Galahad's armored gloves have the same cyan/aquamarine circle like the ones on Silver's own gloves. To unlock Galahad in Sonic And The Black Knight, you have to beat Lancelot in a mission, "Lancelot Returns", in Deep Woods in Adventure mode.
In Sonic Unleashed, though Silver doesn't appear in the game, he is referenced in the day stage of Empire City under the name of "Silver Beach", along with other places named after characters like "Blaze Road".
Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie)
Rob O' the Hedge explained to Silver they could find Sonic at Freedom HQ. Using Silver's Super Warp Ring, the two traveled there together. Silver and Rob arrived together to find Sally and Alicia arguing about stranding Sonic and Amy Rose in Moebius. Sally explained to them what had happened, and thus Silver transported himself to Moebius with Rob. Once there, the two hedgehogs met up with Sonic, Scourge, Amy, Rosy the Rascal, and Metal Sonic. Silver stops the fight with his powers and attacks Sonic recognizing Metal Sonic's design. He is stopped by Scourge until Sonic persuades Silver to attack Scourge. Scourge turns Super and proves too powerful for the hedgehogs, the Freedom Fighters and the Suppression Squad. After the fight with Super Scourge who was defeated by Sonic, Silver travels to another place in time to find the traitor of the Freedom Fighters.
He reappears in Sonic Universe, and goes to Mobius 30 years later to help them battle another threat that has threatened his timeline. He and the Future Freedom Fighters succeed and Silver heads back to his time.
His appears once more in another Sonic Universe arc: The Silver Saga. Following a Prelate robot to another timeline, he encounters Jani-Ca and the resistance against the tyrant that rules over the world with an iron fist: Enerjak.
In Sonic the Hedgehog #235, Silver finds the Journal of Antoine. Reading its remains, he determines Antoine as the traitor he seeks. However, as Silver's timehopping is affecting the memories of his immortal mentor, Mammoth Mogul, he is ordered to stay in the past until he finds and defeats whoever the traitor is. Writing instructions to Silver to follow only after he finishes the traitor, Mogul takes Silver's Time Stone and sends him to Sonic's time. Though his latest lead on the traitor is proven to be false by a greatly annoyed Sonic, he runs into Harvey Who and is given the chance to become part of the Secret Freedom Fighters.
Silver is best described as having "a strong sense of justice" and it is this personality trait that motivates him to head back into the past to correct the future. He also believes in standing up for those who can't stand up for themselves. This led him to accept Blaze when everybody else was teasing her for her pyrokinetic abilities. When he pursues an enemy, he does it with a relentless determination and will make alliances and rivalries very easily, which makes him easily tricked by others. According to his character profile in Sonic Generations, he is an optimist.
Although seemingly serious in nature, an interview states that Silver is young and somewhat immature.  Blaze comments on this several times, and he is described as being naive and insecure when he is alone. Silver is also a regular sweetheart and is always ready to protect those in need and lend a helping hand. He also seems to be somewhat cocky in Sonic Rivals 2, since when you play as him in Sonic Rivals 2 and pass your rival, he'll say, "I'm better." or if you win a race or battle, he says, "Who's the best?" In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, when you win a race he says, "I am not to be trifled with!".
Silver also has a disliking for anyone that gets in his way, most likely in Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2, which could show that Silver can be bad tempered, extremely rude, and bossy to anyone that's not helpful in his mission. When Silver is not focused on his current mission or does not have a task at hand however, he is very friendly and a good company to have around.
- Silver can be quite naive (especially around Blaze), which could lead him up the wrong path.
- His attitude can start fights.
- He sometimes tends to carry the world on his shoulders.
- If he overuses his ESP, Silver can become extremely fatigued.
- He's a bit simple minded.
- He has a short temper.
In his first appearance, Silver possessed no super-speed like Sonic and Shadow (outside of cutscenes where he used his Psychokinesis to fly at high speeds). Starting with Sonic Rivals, he is able to run at a comparable speed to them and can access Spin Dash and Homing Attack.
Silver's main power is his Psychokinesis (also known as Telekinesis), being able to lift or throw people and objects tremendous distances with great force with his mind. He can also manipulate himself, allowing himself to levitate in the air and even move at very high speeds. He can also project energy blasts that can either stun or deal damage to others, dash short distances, and even form a bubble of pure psychokinetic energies that paralyze his targets. In Sonic Rivals, he is also capable of using his ESP to confuse his enemies.
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Silver calls his power 'Psychokinesis'. In Sonic Rivals and Sonic Rivals 2, he calls it his 'ESP' ability. It should be noted, however, that 'psychokinesis' is an umbrella term for any ability that involves using the mind to manipulate something, while ESP means "extrasensory perception", such as seeing things as they happen miles away, or seeing the future, which is quite unfitting.
In Sonic Generations, Silver revealed some new powers, including Psychic Knife (as called by Omochao), the ability to create blades of psychokinetic energy that can shoot horizontally and vertically, as well as teleportation, and a powerful attack known as Meteor Smash , where Silver gathers a large ball of surrounding objects and launches it at Sonic, which rolls after him in an attempt to crush him
In this form, Silver gains an increase in power of his Psychokinesis and a new ability called The Shield of Light that allows him to create a shield around himself and grab hold of any items around and throw them at his enemies, alongside automatic flight, invincibility and increased strength speed.
Super Silver has not been seen or heard about in any other game since Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), as the timeline was destroyed it can be assumed that he might never appear again. He did, however, appear in a picture with Super Sonic, and Super Shadow during the credits of Sonic Generations.
Blaze appears to be in the same time as Silver, as she is Silver's best friend in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), but this is unconfirmed. Sonic Generations confirms that she remembers Crisis City and maybe Silver; however, she did not remember Silver in the DS version of Sonic Colors. Blaze appears to be shy by talking to no one except Silver. She works with Silver as a partner and informs him when Iblis rebirths. They constantly work together to fight Iblis in the future. Silver is also emotionally dependent upon Blaze as he becomes very insecure when alone and it is usually Blaze who helps Silver back on his feet. Before she vanishes from their world at the end of Silver's story in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Blaze reveals that she always liked how naive Silver was, and Silver is extremely saddened after she disappears. Ironically, while Silver's main enemy is a creature called the "Flames of Disaster", and controls fire, Blaze also controls fire, which is why Iblis could be sealed inside Blaze.
After the defeat of Solaris, the timeline was altered and it appears that Silver's encounter with Blaze was erased, leaving them with no personal relation or knowledge of each other, but this has been proven false when Blaze tells Sonic she remembers Crisis City. Hints about about their former partnership has been presented many times in the series after Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) however, such as in Sonic and the Black Knight where Sir Galahad and Sir Percival (Silver's and Blaze's counterparts) are described as companions and in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (DS version), Silver and Blaze reappear together and challenge the player to Ice Hockey and Dream Ice Hockey (Fever Hockey).
They reappeared together again in the DS version of Sonic Colors in the 3rd mission on the Sweet Mountain where Silver points out how their fighting styles are similiar. In Sonic Generations, Blaze and Silver can be seen talking to each other at Sonic's birthday party.
In Sonic The Hedgehog (2006), Amy mistakes Silver for Sonic, but they then team up to help each other find the people they are looking for. They are unaware that they are both looking for the same person. Amy's alliance with Silver was only temporary. She became his friend and promised to help him find the "Iblis Trigger", but left him upon finding out that he intended to kill Sonic. Strangely, when they meet again after Sonic dies and Mephiles and Iblis fuse, she bears no particular malice towards him for his past actions. Because of the events at the end of Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Silver and Amy never met. Also, when Amy left Silver, when she found out that he intended to kill Sonic, he seemed disappointed, and looked as if he were going to call her back, but didn't upon realizing that it didn't matter, she would leave anyway.
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Sonic is referred to by Mephiles as being the "Iblis Trigger" that set Iblis free years before Silver's time. Silver is bent on stopping Sonic from unleashing Iblis onto the world, but befriends him after discovering that Mephiles had lied to him. Once Sonic dies, Silver realizes they can bring him back using the Chaos Emeralds. Since Elise blows out the Flames of Disaster at the end of the game, Sonic and Silver never met.
In Sonic Rivals, he sees Sonic for the first time ever since the incident. Sonic first notices Silver's "attitude" when they first meet, and they don't exactly see eye-to-eye and so they race each other to get to Eggman and when they met again Sonic Rivals 2, Silver is more competitive towards Sonic and his partner, Miles "Tails" Prower. Silver seems to have a disliking toward Sonic, probably because he thinks Sonic is just as annoying and foolish as he can be just like how Shadow feels about the blue hedgehog as well. So currently they don't get along. However in the 'Archie Comics' they seem to get along pretty well (At least after realizing that Sonic is not the traitor of the Freedom fighters). Also in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Silver (after being defeated in Cubyrinth) casually asked how Sonic was doing, this could possibly mean that Silver only displays hostility toward Sonic when he is challenging him in any way shape or form.
In Sonic Generations, Silver's relationship with Sonic seems to have improved and is lot friendlier. After he is convinced that Sonic is the real Sonic and not an imposter, Silver gladly accepts Sonic's challenges to a rematch, claiming that it should be fun. After time was restored, Silver and Shadow show up and celebrate at Sonic's surprise birthday party.
In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Mephiles uses Silver's frustration at the constant resurrection of Iblis to actually release him in the past. He informs Blaze and Silver that in the past, Sonic was "Iblis Trigger", and uses his powers to send them back in time in order to assassinate him. In reality, Sonic's death would serve as the catalyst. Silver initially believes Mephiles' lies, but his encounters with Sonic and the others begin to make him question his intentions.
The two first meet in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), when he mistakes him for Mephiles. The two venture back in time together using a dimensional rift, and learn more about Iblis and the Solaris Project. Since the events of that game were erased, they don't canonically meet until Sonic Rivals. At first, Shadow does not trust Silver's speculations about Dr. Eggman's true identity. After realizing that he was right, the two form a bond and help each other in the Meteor Base. In Sonic Rivals 2 they're not allies and they fight each other at some points and Silver didn't want Shadow to get in his way.
The two met only in Sonic Rivals 2. Before they met, Espio was given an assignment by Vector the Crocodile to find out information about the recent Chao disappearances. He begins to investigate Silver, a suspect, which annoys him. The two eventually become partners in order to stop Eggman Nega and his plans. Once they completed their mission, the two bid each other farewell, in hopes of meeting each other again. Espio seems to be the closest friend to Silver.
Silver and Knuckles have somewhat of a rivalry with each other. Normally, they don't pay much attention to each other, though they do have heated battles with one another occasionally. Unlike most Sonic characters, Silver is one of the few to challenge him to a fight.
- Blaze the Cat (Best Friend, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) only)
- Espio the Chameleon
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Amy Rose
- Rouge The Bat
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Mephiles the Dark (Formerly, Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) only)
- Eggman Nega (Arch-Enemy)
- Iblis (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) only)
- Doctor Eggman
- Mephiles the Dark (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) only)
- Solaris (Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) only)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Rouge the Bat
- Metal Sonic
- Waluigi (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games)
Reaction to the character has been largely mixed. While some praise his telekinesis abilities as creative, others consider him tedious, possessing no super speed like most characters in the series like Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow, and many consider his voice annoying.
- "I need to pull it together..." - Silver after getting a "D" rank in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "It's no use!" - Silver after catching Sonic or Shadow in his psychic hold in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "I've finally found him. The Iblis Trigger." - Silver after finding Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "Psychic Control!" - Silver when you activate his special move in Sonic Rivals 2.
- "No, the future I come from is much nicer than this"- Silver answering Tails question "Is the future you come from like this Silver" in Sonic Colors DS. This references that stopping Iblis in Sonic 2006 did in fact create a good future in Silver's world/dimension.
- "To kill someone to save the world...Is that really the right thing to do?" - Silver when he asks Blaze if killing Sonic is right in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "But it's true! In the near future, his actions will cause the devastation of my world! So I must..." - Silver when telling Amy why he needs to kill Sonic.
- "This will end it!" - Silver about to beat Sonic or Shadow in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "This time frame should be safe, as long as they're around.....those blue and black hedgehogs certainly are brave!" - Silver at the end of his story in Sonic Rivals.
- "Not...now!" - Silver after losing a battle in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).
- "No one can stop me!" - Silver passing someone in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "I won't lose!" - Silver before beginning an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "I am not to be trifled with!" - Silver winning a race in Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravitiy.
- "Eggman NEGA! This is the end of the line for you!" - Silver in Sonic Rivals.
- "Very well."
- "Prepare yourself!"
- "I know you can do this Sonic!" - Silver cheering on the Sonics in Sonic Generations.
- "How could this happen?" - Silver when coming in any place after 4th in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity.
Silver's Extreme Gear is called the "Psychic Wave". Its color is indigo and has the power to transform into an Air rider. The description is given as:
"This board is made out of unknown metal. Perhaps it came from the future along with Silver."
- Silver is the youngest rival Sonic has ever had in the game series, alongside with Jet, who is also 14.
- Silver's parentage is unknown, but in Sonic And The Black Knight he played the part of Sir Galahad, Sir Lancelot's son (played by Shadow the Hedgehog). Certain similarities in appearance, abilities and personality, combined with Shadow's immortality, suggest that Shadow may be who Sonic Team had in mind as Silver's father.
- In addition, Shadow is very similar to Vegeta of Dragon Ball Z and Silver is similar to Trunks from Dragon Ball Z. Vegeta is Trunks' father, further hinting that Shadow might be Silver's father.
- The chorus for Dreams of an Absolution bears a resemblance to the Green Hill Zone background music. Composer Lee Brotherton stated that this was not intended, but is appreciated.
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl references the events of Sonic Next Gen on Silver's trophy, despite the game not being released on Wii or any Nintendo console. The trophy also looks similar to that of Super Sonic.
- In Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Silver is the only hedgehog who is not a Speed-type.
- In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), the beginning of Sonic's Story has Silver saying "I've finally found him, the Iblis Trigger". The background has sparks flying around but in Silver's story when he says that, it's just a clear night sky. Also in Sonic's version, Silver lifts up his right fist but in Silver's version he picks up his left.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Silver is the only hedgehog whose trophy can only be obtained once. (Shadow and Amy's trophies are obtained randomly and Sonic's trophies can be won by clearing Classic Mode multiple times).
- In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), Silver induced Chaos Control after watching Shadow perform it, but because those events were erased, Silver may or may not knowingly be able to use it in the new timeline as well.
- Silver is the only hedgehog that isn't a speed type. Instead, Silver can be considered a flight type character due to him utilizing his psychokinesis to fly.
- In a interview with Shun Nakamura, Silver was intended for a different game with psychokinetic powers but they ended up turning the title into a Sonic game, having Silver be a part of the game.
- A screenshot of Silver using his ESP was used in the Psychic section of the book Encyclopedia Horrifica.
- Silver was originally going to be an orange mink named Venice. His original name could be a reference to the real city, Venice, which is the city Soleanna was based on.
- Silver's Japanese voice actor, Daisuke Ono, is also known for voicing Itsuki Koizumi in the anime series "The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya"; another character with ESP.
- In the Nintendo DS version of Sonic Colors, Silver states the future is a lot like it is now, indicating that he has fulfilled his duty.
- Since Sonic '06 neither Silver nor Blaze have made any indication that they know each other. However, in the DS version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games, they are together and challenge Sonic, Tails, and the rest of the group to multiple challenges before joining the team.
- In Sonic Rivals, when you use Silver's signature move ESP, he shouts, "Psychic Control!" even though that's not the name of the move. In the instruction booklet for the same game, it, too, says his move's called Psychic Control.
- In Sonic Generations, Silver appears to have learned to channel his psychic powers better so he can go faster than most of his other appearances, being able to keep up with Sonic in the rival battle while levitating backwards.
- However, he seems to have more endurance since Sonic Rivals, though as in Sonic Rivals 2, he used his ESP (psychic powers) to travel and became very tired, saying "I need to take a rest" and "My powers are almost exhausted I need rings to power myself up".
- In Sonic Colors, Silver and Blaze are seen fighting off Orbot and Cubot, and cause them to run away. After they send Sonic on a mission, they say that they both worked together well and say that it seems that they have worked together before. Tails says that Silver and Blaze could've worked together at some point in time. This is a clear reference to the events in Sonic '06, and this could be considered the first time Silver and Blaze meet in the video games' current canon.
- Silver resembles Trunks, a character from Dragon Ball Z, for they are both from a bad future and have gone back to restore it.
- It is unknown how Silver travels through time in Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rivals 2 and the DS version of Sonic Colors. In Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), he travels through time with the help of either Mephiles, Shadow, or Sonic. In the Archie Comics, Silver uses Chronos Control by using the Time Stones. In Sonic Generations, it is assumed that Silver is brought from the future by the Time Eater, though this is never seen. It is also never seen how Silver travels back to his future after the game.
- Despite being the slowest character in the game, Silver is the only rival who can't be outrun in the 3DS version of Sonic Generations, as he keeps teleporting himself every time Sonic gets ahead of him.
- Silver is also the only rival without any sort of boost in both versions.
- Sonic, Shadow, and Silver all have the same height: 3 feet and 3 inches.
- In the Archie Comics Silver wears a suit that looks like his "Race" outfit from Sonic Rivals.
For more images, see: Silver the Hedgehog/Artwork
- ↑ Silver's starting Gear in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity is an air ride type that allows the user to fly.
- ↑ This was at first thought to be fake, but has since been confirmed as official.
- ↑ http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=110
- ↑ http://www.sonic-cult.org/newsx/fullnews.php?id=111
- ↑ http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/735/735501p1.html
- ↑ http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/735/735501p1.html
- ↑ Nakamaru interview 
- ↑ "It's a Psychic Knife! Watch out!" Omochao, Sonic Generations
- ↑ "Meteor Smash!" Silver the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/articles/115/
- ↑ http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/735/735501p1.html
- ↑ http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/735/735501p1.html
- Silver the Hedgehog Concept: "Mobius" (Real Character Profile)
|Heroes||Sonic | Tails | Amy | Knuckles | Vector | Espio | Charmy | Mighty | Big | Tikal | Cream | Emerl | Blaze | Omochao | Silver|
|Antiheroes||Chaos | Gamma | Shadow | Rouge | Omega | Jet | Wave | Storm|
|Villains||Eggman | Metal Sonic | Eggrobo | Fang | Eggman Nega | ZERO|
|Other||Mecha Sonic | Gerald | Froggy | Cheese | Vanilla|