Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
A supergiant flying fortress made to be the final line of defense. Can Sonic fend off the relentless chase from Metal Sonic in a high-altitude battle?
— Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II English website
Sky Fortress Zone is the fourth Zone in Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II. It takes place above the clouds in Acts 1, 2 and 3. Acts 2 and 3 take place on a large aircraft. This Zone is a hybrid of Sky Chase Zone, Wing Fortress Zone and Flying Battery Zone.
- Act 1: The Tornado Takes Off!
- Act 2: Infiltrating the Sky Fortress
- Act 3: Mile-High Mayhem
- Boss: Showdown in the Skies
Act 1: The Tornado Takes Off!
After passing through three zones on the ground and fighting off the combined forces of Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic, Sonic and Tails pursue Eggman on the Tornado. Throughout the act, Metal Sonic pilots a new aircraft, launching Balkiries at Sonic and Tails and shooting homing energy balls. The act ends with either Metal Sonic crashing into the fortress and retreating, or falling out of the sky by being defeated by the duo.
Act 2: Infiltrating the Sky Fortress
The Tornado lands on the Fortress, so Sonic and Tails need to find Eggman on the fortress and they come across Cluckers from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and new red Fullboars which charge at them. Will they find Eggman in this massive airship?
Act 3: Mile-High Mayhem
Sonic and Tails have been on the aircraft for quite a while since they have landed and there's still no sign of Eggman. Then Sonic and Tails come upon ring shooters and boosters which shoot fire. Will Sonic and Tails find the evil scientist?
Boss: Showdown in the Skies
Sonic and Tails fly on the Tornado when suddenly Metal Sonic tries to hit them, but thanks to Tails' skills in flying the Tornado, as they escape they try to defeat Metal Sonic. Will the duo be able to do it?
- Similar to the levels it borrows its tropes from, Sky Fortress Zone's name references both Sky Chase Zone and Wing Fortress Zone.
- Interestingly, Sky Fortress Zone was an early name considered for Wing Fortress Zone at one point. It is unknown if this is intentional.
- Like Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the Zone precedes a final showdown taking place in Eggman's Death Egg, this game being the Death Egg Mk. II.
- The Ring Shooters in Act 3 are similar to the ones in the Death Egg Zone from Sonic & Knuckles.
- When playing multiplayer mode, the player that controls Tails controls the Tornado itself which means that unlike in Single Player mode, the Tornado won't automatically snap to Sonic's position if he jumps off causing him to lose a life unless either player uses the 'Call Partner' command (/ Xbox 360/PS3 respectively) to bring Sonic back on to the Tornado which is extremely useful when doing Act 1 and Vs. Boss of this Zone. Also, Tails cannot lose a life so if Sonic dies, the Zone restarts at the beginning or at the last-touched checkpoint.
|Sky Fortress Zone Act 1||Jun Senoue||1:25|
|Sky Fortress Zone Act 2||Jun Senoue||2:17|
|Sky Fortress Zone Act 3||Jun Senoue||2:27|