Sonic the Hedgehog 4
|Sky Fortress Zone|
Sky Fortress Zone
Fourth (Ninth in full game)
|Number of acts||
Sky Fortress Zone is the fourth Zone in Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II, and the ninth Zone in the full game. It takes place above the clouds in Acts 1, 2, and 3. Acts 2 and 3 this stage take place on a large aircraft. This stage is a hybrid of Sky Chase Zone, Wing Fortress Zone and Flying Battery Zone.
- Act 1: The Tornado Takes Off!
- Act 2: Infiltrating the Sky Fortress
- Act 3: Mile-High Mayhem
- Boss: Showdown in the Skies
Act 1: The Tornado Takes Off!Edit
After destroying the Egg Scrap Mech at the Oil Desert Zone, Sonic and Tails pursue Doctor Eggman on the Tornado. Eggman retreats to his fleet of airships. Throughout the act, Metal Sonic pilots a new aircraft, launching Balkiries at Sonic and Tails and shooting homing energy balls. The act ends with either Metal Sonic crashing into the fortress and retreating, or falling out of the sky by being defeated by the duo.
Act 2: Infiltrating The Sky FortressEdit
The Tornado lands on the Fortress, so Sonic and Tails need to find Eggman on the fortress and they come across Cluckers from Sonic 2 and new red Fullboars which charge at him. Will they find Eggman and destroy his massive airship?
Act 3: Mile-High MayhemEdit
Sonic and Tails have been on the aircraft for quite a while since they have landed and there's still no sign of Eggman. Then Sonic and Tails come upon ring shooters and boosters which shoot fire. Will Sonic and Tails find Eggman?
Boss: Showdown In The SkiesEdit
Sonic and Tails fly on the Tornado when suddenly Metal Sonic tries to hit them, but thanks to Tails' skills in flying the Tornado, as they escape they try to defeat Metal Sonic. Will the duo be able to do it?
- Similar to the levels it borrows its tropes from, Sky Fortress Zone's name references both Sky Chase Zone and Wing Fortress Zone.
- Like Sonic 2, the zone precedes a final showdown taking place in Eggman's Death Egg, this game being the Death Egg Mk. II.
- The Ring Shooters in Act 3 are similar to the ones in Death Egg Zone in Sonic and Knuckles.
- One of the Ring Shooters in Act 3 sends you through 2 loops, but you can somehow collect the rings on the loop despite you not actually touching them. This is most likley a glitch brought on by the game's engine.
- When playing multiplayer mode, the player that controls Tails controls the Tornado itself which means unlike single player mode, the Tornado won't automatically snap to Sonic's position if he moves or jumps causing him to lose a life although either player can use the 'Call Partner' command (RT/R2 Xbox 360/PS3 respectively) to bring Sonic back on to the Tornado which is extremely useful when doing Act 1 and Boss. Also, Tails cannot lose a life so if Sonic loses a life, the game restarts at the beginning or at the last-touched checkpoint.