The Slime Djinn (スライム・ジン Suraimu jin?) is an enemy that appears in Sonic and the Secret Rings. It is a slime-based djinn breed originating from the world of the Arabian Nights and some of the Erazor Djinn's henchmen.
Slime Djinns are best described as smooth piles of slime covered in a carpet. They have a dark blue and blue body with decorative yellow lines across it, a red gem embedded in the chest, and rose cilium on their bottom. On the top of their body they have a mouth with flat white teeth and a purple tongue, no eyes, and a slightly curved and pointy vertical horn with veins on top of them.
The Slime Djinns are seemingly diverse in origin, but they all share the common characteristic of being driven to madness during the events of the game. Supposedly, some were regular inhabitants, others were evil spirits sealed away long ago by King Solomon, and more were created by the Erazor Djinn from the words he carved out of the Arabian Nights. Regardless, they were all recruited into Erazor's personal army and used to attack the world of the Arabian Nights in his search for the World Rings.
The Slime Djinns exclusively appear in Pirate Storm. In gameplay, the Slime Djinns can spew slime at the player when provoked or cover themselves briefly in electricity as protection which will damage the player, even as they hit them with a Homing Attack. When about to use the latter, the Slime Djinns start shuddering. They only take one hit to defeat.
Powers and abilities
The Slime Djinns are able to spit out balls or corrosive green slime and can generate an electrical aura to both protect themselves and electrocute those making physical contact with them. Additionally, Slime Djinns can merge their bodies together into one gestalt entity with greater power, much like the N'rrgals and the N'rrgal Queen from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- ↑ File:Sonic and the Secret Rings - 07 Lime Djinn.png
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Dinosaur Jungle. "Shahra: This must be what has driven the spirits mad, I think. It is only recently that they have been behaving this way."
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Evil Foundry. "Shahra: King Solomon is the one who sealed away the evil spirits long ago."
- ↑ Sonic Team (2 March 2007). Sonic and the Secret Rings. Nintendo Wii. Sega. Area/Level: Evil Foundry. "King Solomon: However, by carving up the words that make up our world, new spirits have also appeared."
- ↑ Sonic and the Secret Rings, "Sand, Spirits and Sonic Speed"