|This character exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- For the version of this character before the Super Genesis Wave, see Snively Robotnik. For the character in the Sonic the Hedgehog television series, see Snively (SatAM).
Dr. Julian Snively is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is a human scientist with a shady past working at G.U.N. Headquarters. He is an ambitious man who seeks to take a more active role in G.U.N. affairs.
Concept and creation
Snively is a short, yet streamlined and lean human at the size of most anthropomorphic animals. He is bald with a long reddish-brown beard, though his most distinguishing feature is his long beak-like nose. Snively's outfit consists of a white G.U.N. lab coat with a green shirt underneath, and he usually sports a red eyepiece.
Minion of Eggman
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where Snively's original history ended.
After Team Dark and the Spider Troupe successfully prevented a second Black Arms invasion, with the minor drawback of allowing Eclipse the Darkling to get away, Snively insisted that he should have been a part of the active team rather than stay behind, to which Commander Abraham Tower claimed he needed to be at the base so they could keep an eye on him. With this same caution in mind, though Snively provided Team Dark with the intelligence needed to locate Eclipse on Angel Island, he was only allowed to interact with them via a Tele-Pod. From the beginning Snively urged Team Dark to secure the Master Emerald and relocate it to a G.U.N. facility, claiming to have the planet's best interests in mind; in reality, he required the Emerald to complete his Operation: Conquest. Much to his annoyance, Rouge the Bat refused to take orders from him, and Shadow the Hedgehog's decision to go along with the plan was hampered by Knuckles the Echidna, who refused to allow the G.U.N. agents to take the Emerald from the island.
Shadow and Knuckles' argument swiftly degenerated into an all out battle, during which Snively encouraged Rouge and Omega to seize the Emerald. However, Rouge continued to refuse, only for Eclipse and the Dark Arms to arrive to claim the gem for themselves. Snively demonstrated his callous disregard for others in not caring what Eclipse did to Relic the Pika, but had his Tele-Pod destroyed by Eclipse. Following Eclipse's defeat and escape and the shattering of the Master Emerald, Snively arrived with several G.U.N. soldiers to salvage the ship Eclipse landed on the island with. He was dealt quite a fright when Knuckles recognized his voice from a previous encounter, and demanded that the G.U.N. troops leave the island as soon as they had accomplished their task.
Snively is a cunning, devious opportunist, constantly seeking ways to further his own agenda, whatever the expense may be to others. He is quite convinced of his own superiority, and is infuriated when others refuse to take him seriously or give heed to his "orders." While he operated as a G.U.N. scientist, it was clearly only to bring about the fruition of his plans for the planet.
Powers and abilities
Snively is a technical genius of considerable skill, enough that G.U.N. chose to employ him despite his previous dealings with Dr. Eggman. He has a cunning, strategic mind to make up for his diminutive body, and an obvious mastery of technology. Unfortunately, his small frame forces him to rely upon others to carry out his plans.
- Snively's post-Super Genesis Wave first name, Julian, was originally the real first name of his uncle Dr. Ivo Robotnik in the original timeline and in the Sonic the Hedgehog animated series.
- According to a Twitter conversation with Ian Flynn, Snively is no longer related to Dr. Eggman in the Post-Super Genesis Wave World. This is due to Sega mandates not allowing family for the main game cast.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ian Flynn (16 April 2014). Ian Flynn on Twitter. Retrieved on 25 March 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Universe #70, "Total Eclipse Finale: Last Resort"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #62, "Shadow Fall Part Four: A Matter of Survival"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #67, "Total Eclipse Part One: Uninvited Guests"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #68, "Total Eclipse Part Two: Tipping Point"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #69, "Total Eclipse Part Three: Shadow Boxing"
- Dr. Julian Snively at Mobius Encyclopedia, the Archie Sonic wiki