Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Blaze's world (ブレイズの世界 Bureizu no sekai?), also known as the Sol Dimension, is a fictional dimension in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is the home universe of Blaze the Cat, Marine the Raccoon and the Coconut Crew, and a parallel dimension linked to the dimension of Sonic's world. Several artifacts of nearly unlimited power reside here, such as the Sol Emeralds and the Jeweled Scepter.
Most of Blaze's world remains largely unknown. Holding a universe similar to Sonic's, its most prominent location is the home planet of Blaze the Cat, which possesses a mantle. So far, the only part of Blaze's planet revealed is a vast sea with many islands of varying size found across it, though it is unknown if it is representative of the entire planet. Particularly little is known about the eastern region of this sea, though it houses many ancient relics. While some of the larger islands in this sea are home to modern civilizations, many of the smaller landmasses remain untouched. Excluding the threats of Dr. Eggman Nega and pirate attacks, Blaze's world is actually a peaceful place.
An important local resource on Blaze's planet is "Materials"—mineral of various colors and consistency that prove to be incredibly versatile in building any number of devices, such as ships and radio towers.
For generations, Blaze's royal family has ruled over an unspecified kingdom, protecting the Jeweled Scepter. As per custom, the princess of this kingdom has held the duty of guarding the all-powerful Sol Emeralds.
In ancient times, there once existed a civilization on a continent that floated in the sky above Blaze's planet. However, one day, it fell into the ocean, becoming Pirates' Island. While these people began a new life on the ground, they still longed to return to their true home, so they left key markers that would point the way to their homeland, so their descendants might one day regain what they had lost. The stories surrounding this civilization however, would fade into legend over time.
In Sonic Rush, the evil Dr. Eggman came to Blaze's world and stole the Sol Emeralds from Blaze. As she chased Dr. Eggman, Blaze was lead to Sonic's world by the Sol Emeralds, where Eggman had taken them. While Blaze retrieved the Sol Emeralds, the Emerald would lead Blaze's world into Sonic's, causing the dimensions to slowly merge and create a tear in the space-time continuum, which would result in the destruction of both universes. After recovering the Sol Emeralds and Super Sonic and Burning Blaze defeated Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega though, the disruptions stopped and both worlds were restored to normal, with Blaze returning to hers.
Sonic Rush Adventure
In Sonic Rush Adventure, Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega sought the Power of the Stars in Blaze's world and sent Captain Whisker's crew out to obtain the key to this power, the Jeweled Scepter, which Blaze tried to keep safe. Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails ended up on Blaze's planet (presumed to be because of the Sol and Chaos Emeralds), specifically on Southern Island, while out investigating a storm. With Marine the Raccoon, they began exploring the islands, finding robots of familiar design wreaking havoc, and eventually met Blaze as Whisker stole the Jeweled Scepter. Sonic, Tails and Marine thus joined Blaze in her efforts to reclaim the Jeweled Scepter, which lead to several fights with the pirates as the heroes tracked down Whisker's hideout, where they got the Jeweled Scepter back after a final showdown. Eggman and Eggman Nega took the Jeweled Scepter back soon after though, and unlocked the Power of the Stars, but Super Sonic and Burning Blaze defeated them. With the peace restored, Sonic and Tails returned home.
- Blaze's planet
- Southern Island
- Seagull Beach
- Windmill Village
- Whale Point
- Deep Core
- Plant Kingdom
- Machine Labyrinth
- Coral Cave
- Kylok's Island
- Haunted Ship
- Blizzard Peaks
- Daikun's Island
- Sky Babylon
- Pirates' Island
- Big Swell
- Hidden Island 1
- Hidden Island 2
- Hidden Island 3
- Hidden Island 4
- Hidden Island 5
- Hidden Island 6
- Hidden Island 7
- Hidden Island 8
- Hidden Island 9
- Hidden Island 10
- Hidden Island 11
- Hidden Island 12
- Hidden Island 13
- Hidden Island 14
- Hidden Island 15
- Hidden Island 16
- Blaze's kingdom
- Seven Seas
- Southern Island
- Blaze the Cat
- Marine the Raccoon
- Coconut Crew
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Blaze's world is the home universe of Blaze the Cat and Marine the Raccoon and is informally known as the Sol Zone. Like in the games, the Sol Zone has Sol Emeralds instead of Chaos Emeralds and the Jeweled Scepter, the latter which links the Sol Zone to Mobius. This zone was first encountered by Sonic and Tails who aided Marine and Blaze retrieve a Chaos Emerald from Johnny, Captain Whisker and Dr. Nega. Later, Shadow the Hedgehog ended up in the Sol Zone with Metal Sonic, where he teamed up with Blaze and Marine to destroy the robot, before returning home.
When the Super Genesis Wave cause the Multiverse to collapse and reform, the Sol Zone survived thanks to the Jeweled Scepter. While its timeline still became nearly identical to that of its game counterpart, many elements from the previous timeline merged with it, including the Wily Egg and Captain Metal, the latter who Team Rose had to battle for a Sol Emerald.
- According to Blaze in the console/PC version of Sonic Generations, her world has objects similar to the Red Star Rings.
- ↑ "Sonic Universe". Sonic the Hedgehog Sticker Collection. Factory Entertainment Ltd.. May 2010. p. 18. "Captain Whisker is a robotic pirate created by Eggman Nega. Johnny is the right-hand man of Captain Whisker. In the Sol Dimension of Sonic Rush Adventure, they are out to cause havoc on the seas and intend to use an ancient artifact called The Jewelled Scepter to awaken an unnamed entity."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (November 15, 2005). Sonic Rush. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Exception. "Dr. Eggman: My world... / Eggman Nega: and my world... / Dr. Eggman and Eggman Nega: are in a manner, inextricably linked!"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Southern Island. "Blaze the Cat: It may just be a coincidence. But the scepter cave was very deep underground. In fact, it was quite close to the planet's mantle."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Southern Island. "Blaze the Cat: Not much is known about the east (→). It would be a perfect place for the pirates to hide."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Southern Island. "Gardon: Sonic, sir! You're done it! If we can stay rid of those pirates for good, this world will again be at peace."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Deep Core. "Eggman Nega: It was your royal family that kept the scepter nice and safe for all these generations."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (November 15, 2005). Sonic Rush. Nintendo DS. Sega. Area/Level: Exception. "Burning Blaze: I understand now... My inherent power over fire... As princess, it is my duty to protect the Sol Emeralds. But because of my duty, I shut people out, and keep to myself... But trying to make it solely my responsibility, I put my world in danger. But then..."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Sky Babylon. "Blaze the Cat: Yes. The ancient texts speak of an old civilization. That civilization existed on a continent that floated in the sky, just like Sky Babylon... But one day, it fell from the sky and crashed into the ocean and became an island."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Sky Babylon. "Blaze the Cat: There are tales of a continent in the sky... Supposedly, it's the last remnant of an ancient civilization. Which means th--"
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. "Blaze the Cat: After the floating continent fell to earth, the people had to live down here among us. But they longed one day to return to the sky, so they left keys to point the way. So that, one day, their descendants might regain what they had lost."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Coral Cave. "Blaze the Cat: When I ended up in Sonic's world, it was because both our worlds needed to be saved. And I had been led there by the Sol Emeralds."
- ↑ Sonic Team, Dimps (September 14, 2007). Sonic Rush Adventure. Nintendo DS. Sega. Level/area: Southern Island. "Marine the Raccoon: There ain't no one on the Seven Seas who can outrun... AHA! Now we've got some gas going!"
- ↑ Sonic Team (November 11, 2011). Sonic Generations. PC. Sega. Area/level: White Space. "Blaze the Cat: A Red Star Ring? We have something like that back in my world, as well."