Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This object exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
The Sol Emeralds are objects that appear the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series and its spin-offs. They are a set of seven mystical gems from the Sol Zone and are that universe's equivalent to the Chaos Emeralds of Mobius Prime. The Sol Emeralds are protected by Blaze the Cat and are vital in maintaining the Sol Zone.
For an unprecedented span of time, the Sol Emeralds were guarded by Blaze the Cat until they somehow disappeared, with many of them becoming lost in the multiverse due to Dr. Nega's conquest, sparking Blaze's quest to locate them all. Due to her connection to the gems, the Sol Emeralds gave Blaze visions in her dreams that showed her who to seek out to find them.
After an encounter with Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower and Marine the Raccoon, Blaze was given Mobius Prime's green Chaos Emerald after it was retrieved from Johnny, Captain Whisker and Dr. Nega, in order to help her locate the Sol Emeralds. She managed to locate some of them, though she gave Shadow the Hedgehog the green Chaos Emerald before locating them all, stating she could find the rest using the powers of the Sol Emeralds she had already collected.
Treasure Team Tango
Some time later, Dr. Nega was chased into Mobius Prime by the Zone Cops with the cyan Sol Emerald secured in a capsule designed to mask its energy signatures. The capsule was lost in an altercation before Nega fled and Blaze returned to the Prime Zone to get it back by using the grey Sol Emerald to track it down. She was soon joined by Amy Rose, Cream the Rabbit, and Cheese the Chao to form Team Rose, resulting in a mad-cap chase between Team Dark, and Team Hooligan to recover the gem. After a lengthy struggle between these three teams and the Babylon Rogues, the Sol Emerald was returned to Blaze's ownership, and she departed Mobius to continue seeking out the remaining emeralds.
- Note: From this point, the Sol Emeralds' history continues from their new existence in the altered timeline.
Powers and traits
The Sol Emeralds have very similar properties to the Chaos Emeralds, possessing large amounts of Chaos Energy which can be harnessed by both living creatures and machines. They also seem to possess some sort of fire powers, since the cyan Sol Emerald burst into flames when Shadow tried using Chaos Control with it. They can as well bestow pyrokinesis to other beings, such as in the case of Blaze the Cat. However, only Blaze can control and use their powers. By harnessing the power of all seven Sol Emeralds, Blaze can achieve a super form named Burning Blaze. The Sol Emeralds themselves are also quite durable; even when hit by a gun shot, the cyan Sol Emerald did not receive a scratch.
The Sol Emeralds have a close connection to the Sol Zone, proving life to the entire Zone. Without them, the Sol Zone will grow unstable and eventually die, with storms starting to manifest, the oceans boiling, the islands sinking into the seas, and the sky falling.
"Sol" translates to "sun" in a variety of languages, like the Latin root word "sol", and is the origin of the word "solar." This means that the Sol Emeralds translate to "solar emeralds."
- In the Sonic Rush series, the Sol Emeralds are revealed to be the dimensional counterparts to the Chaos Emeralds and look exactly like them, except for the fact that they're emerald cut instead of brilliant cut. In their early appearances in the comics, they are brilliant cut like all the other Chaos Emeralds. In recent comics, they appear like their game counterparts.
- It is possible that Dr. Nega and the pirate crew of Captain Whisker were somehow involved with the disappearance of the Sol Emeralds and that was why Blaze had dreams about the doctor.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #1, "Living Weapons"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Sol Emeralds & Jeweled Scepter"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #160, "Sonic Rush Part One of Two"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #161, "Sonic Rush Part Two of Two"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #21, "Treasure Team Tango Part One: "The Salida""
- ↑ Sonic Universe #22, "Treasure Team Tango Step Two: The Cruzada"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Sonic Universe #23, "Treasure Team Tango Step Three: The Llevada"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #24, "Treasure Team Tango Step Four: The Parada"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Super Forms"