|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Post-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- You may be looking for Blaze's world from the games. For the version of this location before the Super Genesis Wave, see Sol Zone (Pre-Super Genesis Wave).
The Sol Zone is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is the home universe of Blaze the Cat, Marine the Raccoon, and the Coconut Crew. It is an alternate Zone with unknown connections to the Prime Zone, and particularly with Sonic's World.
The most important location in the Sol Zone is the planet that is home to Blaze the Cat and the Sol Emeralds. The vast majority of the planet is made up of ocean, with countless islands of varying size found across it. While some of the large islands are home to modern civilizations, many of the smaller landmasses remain untouched.
Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure
The Sol Zone first had contact with Sonic's World when the evil Dr. Eggman stole the Sol Emerald. With her home planet endangered by this theft, Blaze was forced to follow Eggman to Sonic's World in order to retrieve them. Later, Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower would be brought here by a mysterious storm and join Blaze and Marine in their efforts to defeat Eggman and Dr. Nega. This would lead to several engagement between them and the pirates of the Sol Zone under Captain Whisker.
- Note: Due to the Genesis Wave, the Sol Zone's history from this point were changed to be nearly identical to that of its game counterpart's.
While the Zone was not directly affected by the second Genesis Wave, that did not stop Blaze from being dragged into the chaos that ensued across the Prime Zone and another zone. A normal day for Blaze and Marine was interrupted by a flash of white light, which would lead into Blaze becoming Blaze Woman, one of Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily's Roboticized Masters.
Pirate Plunder Panic
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Sol Zone's original timeline ended.
When the Super Genesis Wave was unleashed, the Multiverse collapsed in upon itself and rebooted. The wave ate away at the Sol Zone, but the Jeweled Scepter ultimately protected the zone from being destroyed or effected as badly. As a result, the Sol Zone suffered from an unusual side-effect which saw aspects of the zone's old timeline leak through into the new one. Blaze now found herself displaced into an adventure to hunt down the last Sol Emerald, with the unexpected help of Amy Rose and Cream and Cheese and was experiencing new sets of memories. Additionally, and just as bizarrely, the wave somehow sent Bean the Dynamite and Bark the Polar Bear to the zone, as well as the heavily damaged Wily Egg, the airship constructed and used by Doctor Eggman and Dr. Wily during a previous battle, also ending up there, eventually being discovered by Captain Metal and his crew, which they had restructured into the Egg O' War. The conflict over the last Sol Emerald grew to involve Captain Whisker's crew as well, before Blaze was able to recover the last Sol Emerald. As Burning Blaze, she destroyed Captain Metal's body and sank the Egg O' War after he uploaded himself into it.
- Blaze's planet
- Blaze the Cat
- Marine the Raccoon
- Coconut Crew
- Captain Whisker's crew
- Blackguard Pirates
- The name "Sol Zone" for this Zone has never appeared in the comics, but has been designated as such on writer Ian Flynn's comic forums.
- Since the multiverse has collapsed in on itself and rebooted due to the Super Genesis Wave, it's assumed the same thing had happened to the Sol Zone. Though, it is not made clear as to whether or not the zone had been altered in the same way as the Prime Zone, several elements of the zone contain elements from its previous incarnation. This is made evident by the presence of Captain Metal, supposedly a rebuilt version of the Metal Sonic Shadow destroyed in Sonic Universe #1, and by how everyone seems to be aware of the events of "Treasure Team Tango" (particularly conspicuous in the case of Amy, as it was later revealed she had no memory of the old world before Nicole restored them). It could be possible that the aforementioned events also took place in the new timeline in some form, but this has yet to be confirmed.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic Universe #57, "Pirate Plunder Panic Part Three"
- ↑ Sonic Rush
- ↑ Sonic Rush Adventure
- ↑ Sonic Universe #52, "When Worlds Collide Part Five: The Advance Guard"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #249, "When Worlds Collide Part Six: Friends or Foes"
- ↑ Mega Man #26, "When Worlds Collide Part Seven: Evening The Odds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (22 March 2015). Ask Ian - Year End Bonanza Thingie. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 26 July 2015.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Sonic Universe #55, "Pirate Plunder Panic Part One"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #56, "Pirate Plunder Panic Part Two"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #58, "Pirate Plunder Panic The Conclusion"