Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
- You may be looking for Blaze's world from the games. For the version of this location after the Super Genesis Wave, see Sol Zone.
The Sol Zone is a location that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is the home universe of Blaze the Cat, Marine the Raccoon, and the Coconut Crew. It is an alternate Zone with unknown connections to the Prime Zone, and particularly with Mobius.
The most important location in the Sol Zone is the planet that is home to Blaze the Cat and the Sol Emeralds. The vast majority of the planet is made up of ocean, with countless islands of varying size found across it. While some of the large islands are home to modern civilizations, many of the smaller landmasses remain untouched. It also contains various mineral substances referred to collectively as "material", useful for the construction of vehicles.
Unlike Mobius Prime, Blaze's planet in the Sol Zone produced Sol Emeralds instead of Chaos Emeralds, and an artifact known as the Jeweled Scepter-originally hidden deep beneath the planet's surface. This zone was first encountered by Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower when their plane crashed and they mysteriously arrived on Seagull Island. Marine had gotten possession of the green Chaos Emerald, though it was stolen shortly afterwards by Johnny. Following this, Sonic, Tails, Marine and Blaze fought against Johnny, Captain Whisker and Dr. Nega, defeating them and retrieving the Chaos Emerald.
Shadow the Hedgehog accidentally ended up in the Sol Zone after using Chaos Control to teleport himself and Metal Sonic away from the battle taking place in Moebius. Shadow was rescued by Marine and Blaze and brought on board the former's ship, the Ocean Tornado. Following this, the three fought against Metal Sonic and destroyed him, and Shadow was given the green Chaos Emerald to help him return back to Mobius Prime. Unfortunately, the zone was imperiled by the scattering of the Sol Emeralds across the multiverse, leaving the planet suffering from terrible natural disasters. This forced Blaze to leave her homeworld temporarily unguarded while she set out to find the magical gemstones.
- Note: Due to the Genesis Wave, the Sol Zone's history from this point were changed to be nearly identical to that of its game counterpart's.
While the Zone was not directly affected by the second Genesis Wave, that did not stop Blaze from being dragged into the chaos that ensued across the Prime Zone and another zone. A normal day for Blaze and Marine was interrupted by a flash of white light, which would lead into Blaze becoming Blaze Woman, one of Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily's Roboticized Masters. When the Super Genesis Wave then was unleashed and the Multiverse began collapsing, the wave ate away at the Sol Zone, but the Jeweled Scepter ultimately protected the zone from being destroyed or effected as badly.
- Note: From this point, the Sol Zone's history continues from its new history in the altered timeline.
- Blaze's Planet
- Blaze the Cat
- Marine the Raccoon
- Coconut Crew
- Captain Whisker's crew
- The name "Sol Zone" for this Zone has never appeared in the comics, but has been designated as such on writer Ian Flynn's comic forums.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Blaze the Cat & Her World."
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #180, "High Stakes on the High Seas"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Universe #1, "Living Weapons"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #21, "Treasure Team Tango Part One: "The Salida""
- ↑ Sonic Universe #22, "Treasure Team Tango Step Two: The Cruzada"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #23, "Treasure Team Tango Step Three: The Llevada"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #24, "Treasure Team Tango Step Four: The Parada"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #52, "When Worlds Collide Part Five: The Advance Guard"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #249, "When Worlds Collide Part Six: Friends or Foes"
- ↑ Mega Man #26, "When Worlds Collide Part Seven: Evening The Odds"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #251, "When Worlds Collide Finale: Best of the Best"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (22 March 2015). Ask Ian - Year End Bonanza Thingie. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 26 July 2015.