Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In addition, players can earn access to two mini-games (a collect-the-rings game and a match-the-statues game) and a "field trip" section which gives them numerous facts on the various animals in the game (through video clips).
The entire game plays in a similar fashion to id Software's Wolfenstein 3D, in that you play in a world that has no variation in height and is largely composed of right angles. You pick up nearby answers (ranging from bouncing letters and numbers to balloons with various pictures on them) and shoot them back at a blackboard to answer questions (usually filling in the blanks; in the reading section you match up pictures with their words instead), or otherwise recycle (much to Sonic's pleasure, as recycling is good for the environment). If you get all ten answers correct, Sonic holds up two sticks with fireworks on them, saying "You got all ten right! Great job!"
Sonic the Hedgehog himself is not playable, but acts as the guide; instead, you choose from numerous animals to play as. Doctor Robotnik and his Badniks also show up to steal your answer, or in the ring mini-game, to steal all your rings.
- The sprites used for Sonic are borrowed from the cancelled Sonic X-Treme.
- Sonic is voiced by a female named Meg Inglima who makes him sound a lot younger so this marks the first 3D sonic game to have a voice actor.
- In the files of the game, a strange talking clock is present. It is possible that this clock was going to appear in place of Sonic. The voice of this clock is most likely provided by Meg Inglima, Sonic's voice actor for this game.
- In some versions of the PC box artwork (the second version on this page), Sonic's arms, which are colored peach, are actually miscolored blue.
- Tradition is broken in this game by the students (as shown in 2-player mode) going barefoot.