|This location exists primarily or exclusively within the Sonic the Comic continuity.|
Information in this article may not be canonical to the storyline of the games or any other Sonic continuity.
After the accident that caused him to become Doctor Ivo Robotnik, Sonic, Tails and the Freedom Fighters used the lab as their secret base and hid from Robotnik for many years. They installed Kintobor's personality from a Golden Ring and onto a computer system to allow them to keep track on Robotnik's forces. They also installed a Star Post in the base, to enable them to travel quickly between the Zones of Mobius.
After Sonic and Tails captured Robotnik on the Floating Island, they brought him to their base and held him captive. However, the duped Knuckles was able to track Robotnik and rescue him, this revealing the location of the base. After Robotnik's initial defeat on the Floating Island, he enacted his revenge by destroying the base and driving Sonic and his friends out into the open, where they continued to hide as "Bob Beaky's Travelling Circus".
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #21, "Girl Trouble, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #34, "Enter Knuckles, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #35, "Power of the Chaos Emeralds, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #36, "Power of the Chaos Emeralds, Part 2"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #37, "Robotnik's Revenge, Part 1"
- ↑ Sonic the Comic #38, "Robotnik's Revenge, Part 2"
- Kintobor's Laboratory at the Sonic the Comic Wiki