Sonic: Genesis is a graphic novel published by Archie Comics. It contains reprints of stories from the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series pertaining to the "GENESIS" story arc, namely from Sonic the Hedgehog #225-#230
- Part of SEGA's heavily promoted Sonic the Hedgehog 20th anniversary event, this is what Sonic fans have been demanding - his fist deluxe hardcover edition! Sonic books are Archie's bestselling graphic novels.
Sonic: Genesis is a highly collectible book with a foil-enhanced cover and features the biggest, most talked-about Sonic comic story of all time, a fresh origin story popular with regular readers and a great way to be introduced to Sonic. This story has already received coverage by Nintendo Power Magazine, Game Informer magazine, Newsarama and CRR.
Sonic: Genesis features tons of brand new artwork from fan-favorite artists such as Tracy Yardley and Patrick "SPAZ" Spaziante, who is creating his highly-anticipated first interior Sonic story artwork in nearly ten years!
Sonic the Hedgehog is a hugely successful, multimedia, instantly recognizable brand that has sold 70 million video games the world over. From the Saturday morning hit cartoon Sonic X to the classic SEGA games and everything in between, the Sonic comics incorporate characters and stories from all corner of the Sonic brand.
One Step Forward...
- Note: This reprint only includes the last six pages of the story.
Genesis Part One: In the Beginning...
Genesis Part Two: Fate and Friends
Genesis Part Three: Divide And Conquer
Genesis Part Four: Reset
...Two Steps Back
- Previously in Sonic the Hedgehog: A brief summary of the events leading up to the "GENESIS" story arc from Sonic the Hedgehog #200.
- Afterword: An afterword by Ian Flynn detailing the story about how the "GENESIS" story arc came to be and the success derived from it.
- Special Stage: A gallery depicting various concept artworks and pencil comic panels and front covers (both regular and variant covers) included in the GENESIS story arc. It also presents concept artwork of Egg Mites, Silver Sonic III, Mecha Sally and the Death Egg Mark 2.
- The cover for this volume is the same as the one for Sonic the Hedgehog #226.
- This is the first Sonic graphic novel title to be released as a hardcover.