Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the sequel for the first racing game of the Sega Superstars series. The game was leaked by Kotaku at the New York Toy Fair by revealing, according to Kotaku, "Sega's Sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
It features a transformation element of racing gameplay unique to that of any other racing game in the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Pictures depicting the side-view of the shelf revealed boxes for Sonic the Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower, Beat and Aiai. Shortly after this event the website called Starland.com also added info on the game. They listed it in the pre-order list for the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii for $57, to be released on 30 November 2012 but was then removed by Sega.
On 30 April, an announcement trailer was released, revealing the game's official name, as well as a new mechanic that transforms the character's vehicles to land, air and water forms. The confirmed platforms of release are PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PC, Vita and Nintendo 3DS.
The game was released for the Xbox 360 and PS3 in Australia on 15 November, for the Nintendo 3DS and PS Vita in North America on 11 December and in Europe on 20 November. The PC version was released on 31 January 2013. The Wii U version was a launch title (with the exception of Japan), launching along with the console on 18 November in North America, and on 30 November in Europe/Australia. It was later revealed that the PC edition will allow racers to play as the DLC Team Fortress 2, Total War Shogun, Football Manager, Company Of Heroes 2 and Total War: ROME II characters.
Gameplay is similar to the game's prequel, in which players choose different settings and characters before a race. The most noticeable addition to the game is the three different modes of racing: land, sea and air. Racers' cars can now change into a plane when in the air and into a boat when on water after passing through a Transformation Gate. The Sumo Digital staff stated in some interviews before its release that Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed would be "proper boating, proper flying." In addition, the tracks themselves change during the race. For example, in Dragon Canyon, the bridges are destroyed by the dragons in the track's third lap, requiring changing into flight mode.
All-Star Moves return and they are collected in capsules like in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. There are new weapons, such as ice shots to freeze opponents and a baseball glove that catches an attack from behind, and giving the player that weapon. There are also seventeen new tracks, plus four favorite tracks from the previous game, similar to the retro cups in the more recent Mario Kart games.
Players are able to earn XP points to put towards a leveling system, which can potentially unlock vehicle mods and other items. The more XP points are collected, the better characters become on the track. Once collected enough stars from World Tour events, you can unlock Console Mods, that are found in World Tour. These mods have been chosen for characters, depending on the Console Mod unlocked.On the loading screen before a race, there is a slot machine similar to the one in Sonic Heroes. Once enough All-Star Tokens are collected from previous races, players can pull the lever to try their luck. If the three slots match, a new item is obtained. The player can also win an item at the start of every lap or have an item at the beginning of the race. If not, the player does not earn anything, and can spin once more if he/she has the required number of coins. The slot machine requires five coins for a spin. The slot machine and tokens are missing from the 3DS version due to it running on a different engine.
Stickers are special rewards obtained after completing a certain condition in the game. Some of these Stickers also unlock Xbox 360 Achievements, PlayStation 3 and Vita Trophies and Steam Trophies/Achievements. The Wii U and 3DS versions of the game do not use an achievement system, but allows for sticker collection in the game.
There is a total of thirty playable characters (including three third-party characters). The game features specific platform rosters and no single platform has all thirty characters. Players start with ten characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, AiAi, Beat, Amy, BD Joe, MeeMee, Ulala and Wreck-It Ralph) and the other characters are unlocked by winning enough stars in the events in World Tour. Racers include:
|Sonic the Hedgehog||'Speed Star': Sports car with two of his trademark quills on the back.|
|Dr. Eggman||Red six wheeled 'tank' that has his face on it.|
|Amy Rose||Rounded version of her Pink Cabriolet.|
|Metal Sonic||Upgraded Metal Booster from the first game.|
|Miles "Tails" Prower||Upgraded version of the Whirlwind S7.|
|Knuckles the Echidna||Backwards trike with a design influenced by himself in a gliding stance.|
|Shadow the Hedgehog||'G.U.N. Auto Tread': A black and white GUN vehicle with tank-like treads.|
|Aiai||Yellow F-1 like car similar to his one from the previous game resembling large bananas.|
|Beat||Quad bike themed after his gang and his game's titular radio station.|
|B.D. Joe||A shorter version of his personal Chevy Impala.|
|Ulala||White backwards trike with a Space Channel 5 theme.|
|Amigo||A four-wheeled toy train inspired by his previous kart.|
A red capsule like vehicle resembling a Peticopter/V-22 Osprey hybrid with JanKenPon engines.
- Ryo Hazuki: A transforming Arcade cabinet that changes from the OutRun as a car to Hang-On as a boat and Space Harrier as a plane.
Veteran Third-Party Characters
- Mii (exclusively for Nintendo): Confirmed during Gamescom 2012. Steve Lycett (S0L) on an official SEGA Forum also confirmed. Car styled after an OutRun vehicle in the Mii's chosen color (Wii U only; red in 3DS). (Clear all normal GPs on Wii U, or clear all Mirror Cups on 3DS)
- Xbox Live Avatar (exclusively for Xbox 360): An upgraded version of the Ava-car 720 that is now black and green just like the Xbox 360 Elite and the Xbox 360 S model and looks like a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport. (Clear all normal GPs)
- Vyse: From Skies of Arcadia, an old-fashioned steampunk race car similar in design to his airship,The Delfinius (Buy for 30 stars in World Tour)
- Gilius Thunderhead: From Golden Axe, a bronze animal-eqsue statue. It appears as an Ox in "car" mode, Turtle with a Rhinos' head in "boat" and Gryphon in "plane" mode.(Buy for 120 stars in World Tour)
- Joe Musashi: From Shinobi, a yellow and black quad bike which when transformed into a boat,becomes a Jet Ski. (Buy for 85 stars in World Tour)
- NiGHTS: NiGHTS itself becomes the vehicle while a Nightopian rides. (Buy for 80 stars in World Tour on Console versions, 40 stars on 3DS)
- Reala: Reala transforms into vehicles while a Nightmaren drives. (Buy for 160 stars in World Tour on Console versions, 90 stars on 3DS)
- Gum: A white and neon green quad bike, similar to Beat's vehicle. (Buy for 105 stars in World Tour)
- MeeMee: A pink copy of AiAi's F-1 car.
- Pudding: A green, futuristic car from Channel 42 resembling her aircraft from Space Channel 5: Part 2. (Buy for 50 stars in World Tour on Console versions, 64 stars on 3DS)
- AGES: A transforming fusion of several elements from Sega's past; the Hornet from Daytona USA, a Dreamcast controller, and a F-14 Tomcat from Afterburner. (Buy for 165 stars in World Tour on Console versions, 111 stars on 3DS)
- Football Manager (exclusively for PC): Drives a small cart-esque SUV, motorboat, and jet. Transforms inside of a soccer ball/football.
- Shogun (exclusively for PC): From Total War Shogun, drives a feudal-inspired cart with a dragon design in car and boat, while the boat transformation is inspired with a fish.
- General Winter (exclusively for PC as free DLC on 5 July 2013): From Company of Heroes, the Commander drives a tank with a red star on the sides.
- Willemus (exclusively for PC as free DLC on 5 August 2013): From Total War: Rome II. Drives a Roman legion-themed vehicle.
New Third-Party Characters
- Danica Patrick: A neon green racing car called Danicar with logos for Sonic, SEGA, GoDaddy.com, and Hot Wheels. (Buy for 16 stars in World Tour; Not availalbe in the Japanese Version of the game )
- Wreck It-Ralph: A red wrecking truck.
- Team Fortress: (Exclusive for PC) A combined team consisting of three characters from the multiplayer first-person shooter Team Fortress 2. In Car form, the Pyro drives a red Go Kart-like vehicle with Flamethrowers mounted on its sides. In Plane and All-Star modes, The Spy pilots a sleek miniature Fighter Jet and in Boat form, the Heavy controls a camouflaged Airboat with steel plating and a Sasha-like Minigun mounted on each side.
- Yogscast Character (Simon) (exclusively for PC as free DLC on 6 December 2013): Another group of 3rd-party characters from a famous Minecraft Commentary YouTube Gamers. It is a Charity DLC Promotional for the Yogscast's Dwarven Dairy Drive's Humble Bundle. It includes Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Game-Base for Steam.
There are a total of twenty-one tracks, with seventeen new ones (one exclusive to the Limited/Bonus Edition) and four returning ones from Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. The tracks have a set Grand Prix order, as follows:
Note: All of the new tracks, will not be the same while you race throughout the three laps. Some tracks change during the last lap Example: Ocean View and other tracks. Although some will change every lap, for Example: Dream valley, Burning Depths and others. Some will not change, they will stay the same track for three laps, Example Carrier Zone, Samba Studios and others. Also "Race of Ages" is the only track that you can choose to change the path to a boat path or plane, depending on which gate is entered first.
- Ocean View (Sonic Heroes) - Car/Boat
- Samba Studios (Samba De Amigo) - Car/Boat
- Carrier Zone (After Burner: Climax) - Car/Boat/Plane
- Dragon Canyon (Panzer Dragoon) - Car/Boat/Plane
- Temple Trouble (Super Monkey Ball) - Car/Boat
- Galactic Parade (Sonic Colors) - Car/Plane
- Seasonal Shrines (Shinobi) - Car/Boat
- Rogue's Landing (Skies of Arcadia) - Car/Boat/Plane
- Dream Valley (NiGHTS into Dreams...) - Boat/Plane
- Chilly Castle (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg) - Car/Boat
- Graffiti City (Jet Set Radio) - Car/Plane
- Sanctuary Falls (Sonic & Knuckles)- Car/Plane
- Graveyard Gig (The House of the Dead EX) - Car/Boat
- Adder's Lair (Golden Axe) - Car/Boat/Plane
- Burning Depths (Burning Rangers) - Car/Boat
- Race of Ages (SEGA Tribute race) - Car/Boat/Plane
- Sunshine Tour (Samba De Amigo) (Returning) - Car Only
- Shibuya Downtown (Jet Set Radio Future) (Returning) - Car only
- Roulette Road (Sonic Heroes) (Returning) - Car only
- Egg Hangar (Sonic the Hedgehog 2/Sonic & Knuckles) (Returning) - Car only
- OutRun Bay (OutRun 2) (Bonus/Limited Edition, DLC) - Car/Boat
Mirrored versions of all the tracks, including Outrun Bay, can be unlocked.
PlayStation 3/Vita/Xbox 360/Steam Achievements
|Spin Dash||Do a Boost-Start in each vehicle mode. (10G)|
|Arrow Of Light||Freeze an opponent with Ice from at least 100 meters away. (15G)|
|Ax Battler||Finish a Battle Race without losing any lives. (15G)|
|Battle Outrunner||Do 5 overtakes in a single Drift. (15G)|
|Buzz Bomber||Hit 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with a Swarm Attack. (10G)|
|Blast Processing||Hit 2 opponents with a single Hot Rod Blast. (15G)|
|Crack Down||Get a total of 20 hits with weapons in a Race. (10G)|
|Rank B||Earn your B Class License. (10G)|
|Rank A||Earn your A Class License. (20G)|
|Rank S||Earn your S Class License. (30G)|
|SEGA All Star||Earn your Star License. (50G)|
|SEGA Super Star||Earn your Triple-Star License. (100G)|
|The King of Speed||Finish 1st in a Grand Prix tournament at Expert difficulty. (20G)|
|Lock On Sight||Score 90% accuracy with aimed weapons in an event. (20G)|
|Team Sonic||Finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th with local friends in a 10 player Race. (10G)|
|Fighting Viper||Evade or Block a homing-weapon 3 times in a Race. (10G)|
|Drift More||Get a Perfect Drift score on a Drift Challenge event. (15G)|
|Mega Jet||Do a Reckless Boost. (15G)|
|Link Chain||Complete the Dream Valley Ring Race and pass every Ring as NiGHTS or Reala. (15G)|
|Shadow Step||Do 10 Stunt Combos in a single event. (15G)|
|Meteor Strike||Collect 10 Stars in World Tour. (15G)|
|Scud Racer||Finish 1st in a Race without getting hit by weapons. (15G)|
|Racing Transformed||Turned All-Star. (15G)|
|Sonic Drift||Do a 10 second Drift as Sonic. (10G)|
|Magic Second||Finish 0.5 seconds ahead of an opponent in a Race. (15G)|
|Gale Racer||Get a Podium Finish in every Grand Prix tournament on Expert difficulty. (30G)|
|Justice Shot||Get 10 hits by firing weapons backwards in a single event. (10G)|
|Eyes On The Road||Hit an opponent with a weapon while looking backwards. (10G)|
|Parts Shop||Win an event with a Mod equipped. (15G)|
|Racing Hero||Get a Podium Finish in every Grand Prix tournament. (30G)|
|House Party of the Dead||Complete an event with 4 local friends. (10G)|
|Race Leader||Win a Matchmaking game. (15G)|
|Holosseum||Unlock Mirror Grand Prix mode. (20G)|
|Tornado||Do a Level 3 Air-Drift. (10G)|
|Welcome to Victory Lane||Finish 1st in every Grand Prix tournament on Expert difficulty. (50G)|
|Virtua Trickster||Roll Left, Roll Right, Backflip, Forward Flip and land as a car or boat. (15G)|
|Vyse The Legend||Beat 01:11.6 in Time Attack as Vyse in Rogue's Landing. (15G)|
|All Star||Collect every Star in World Tour. (50G)|
|Nomad||Visited every location in the game. (20G)|
|SUMO Wrestled||Beat your first Staff Ghost in Time Attack. (10G)|
|Yokozuna||Beat all the Staff Ghosts in Time Attack. (50G)|
|Cosmic Smash||Detonate the Hot Rod at the very last second. (10G)|
|De Rol Le Credits||Unlock Superstar Showdown in World Tour. (20G)|
|Newtron||Manually select a Random character for a Matchmaking game. (10G)|
|Takes AGES||Unlock every Character in the game. (30G)|
|Welcome to the Fantasy Zone||Finish 1st in a Grand Prix tournament. (15G)|
|You Got The Horn||Level-up a Character. (15G)|
|Genesis||Triple-stunt while transforming into a car or boat. (15G)|
|Catcher Pitcher||Absorb a weapon and fire it back at your attacker.(15G)|
|Hardcore||Complete a World Tour event on Expert difficulty. (20G)|
The Steam software consists of various features including collectibles like emoticons, badges, backgrounds and trading cards for each game. This game is the only one of the series to have such a feature.
In Steam, badges are crafted by combining a set of trading cards, obtainable through a random item drop, which lands in the Steam Inventory. The more cards combined, the greater the experience points the badge will contain.
|Red Power Shield||100|
|All-star||100 (Foil Cards)|
Once a Steam user has enough XP through crafting badges, special perks will follow by, such as item drops of backgrounds and coupons. These are the following backgrounds for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed:
|Race of AGES||Rare|
System Requirements (PC)
|2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent||1GB Ram (Windows XP), 2GB Ram||256MB with Shader Model 3.0 support||9.0c||6.7GB free hard drive space||DirectX 9 Compatible|
|2.4 GHz Intel i5 or equivalent||2GB Ram (Windows XP), 4GB Ram||512MB with Shader Model 3.0 support||9.0c||6.7GB free hard drive space||DirectX 9 Compatible|
After the release of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, various updates have been released across all of its versions to fix various bugs and improve performance:
Wii U version
- The Boost Challenges and the Burning Ranges world tour track have been fixed as they were noted as broken earlier.
- Alternative INTZ Render for cards that do not support INTZ was added along with VAC support, and other bug fixes to ensure stability.
- Network fix to stop the issues with the Race Playlist when the servers are busier.
- Online matchmaking should work regardless of region.
- Dropped connections were lessened. 
- The Pointer drift in the Launcher was resolved.
- Better support for Direct Input controllers was added with better automatic control mapping.
- The Time Attack ghost download for top ten players was fixed.
- Time Attack filters now works correctly.
- The 'judder' was removed for high spec machines and 120Hz monitors.
- A Steam Voice Chat Enable/Disable option was added.
- A Steam Voice Chat Push to Talk support was added.
- A Steam Voice Chat volume setting was added.
- The Ability Steam Voice to mute/unmute players in a lobby was added.
- Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency was improved.
- The Rating reset issues was resolved.
- The -100 Rating Penalty for players leaving the race to dodge losing points was resolved.
- In Starlight Carnival, the Road shader was adjusted to prevent 'driving in the sky' issue.
- The Super pick-ups bug in which they sometimes do not activate in arenas was fixed.
- The Rare issue leaving players unable to return to the lobby were addressed.
- The "Team Sonic" achievement is made achievable in local gameplay so it is easier to get.
- "Yokozuna" achievement is no longer unlocks when the player only beats Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
- 'Beat someone 500 points higher than you' sticker no longer awarded unless a specific criteria is met.
- The 'Meteor Strike' No longer triggers incorrectly.
- Co-op swap weapon slot now allows the player to swap if he has already had a weapon.
- Improved front end leaderboard caching.
- In-games triggers now handles physics tunneling better for very fast players.
- Incorrect HUD showing 'Lap 2' cases was addressed.
- Improved motion controls for the Wii U version.
- The Favorite character in license is no longer incorrect.
- Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.
For the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, IGN gave an 8.5 score, saying that it is better than several of the racing games of 2012 and that it is a true arcade-like racing game, but not as fresh as Mario Kart 7. The second review released was from UK's Official Nintendo Magazine, giving it an average score of only 62%. The reviewer stated that "the early excitement of the transformations doesn't make up for an interminable world tournament, poor local multiplayer and uninspiring weapons. The mixture of Sega and Sumo (with a hint of Bizarre) should have made for a game that was as accomplished as it was nostalgic. Instead, it just feels pallid." Eurogamer, however, gave the game a score of 9/10, saying "This manages to be more than just a tribute to the great and good of Sega's past - it does enough to earn its own place alongside them." The Daily Mail reviewer gave the game their perfect score (5/5), saying that the game was bad on multiplayer, but overall a revisit to Sega's greatest memories. GameTrailers gave the Xbox 360 version an 8.7/10', saying that "it’s a fun, challenging, and easily enjoyable racing game that uses a lot of familiar mechanics and ideas but knows well enough to try and do its own thing". In their last Sonic game review, Nintendo Power gave the Wii U version an 8.0/10, commenting on its "well-behaved multiplayer and tracks that were born to become a race track." The Official Xbox Magazine gave Transformed an 8/10, praising for its beautiful track graphics and awesome multiplayer, with the exception of poor quality on its split screen in multiplayer mode.
- All sixteen characters from Sega Superstars Tennis return in this game.
- This is the second time in which a Sonic game was leaked due to the premature release of toys, the first time being when toys of Rouge the Bat and Shadow the Hedgehog had been revealed before both characters' debuting game, Sonic Adventure 2, was even announced, both of which happen to be sequels.
- There are two other games (Mario Kart 7 and Diddy Kong Racing) that have a transformation feature.
- Sumo Digital said that they had the idea of the transforming vehicles before Mario Kart 7 was announced, as said in an interview with Nintendo Power.
- Unlike the first game, the PC version features an online multiplayer mode.
- There is a minor change in the title from the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing game, as the "Sega" is missing, just making it Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed rather than Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed. This is because other characters, such as Wreck-It Ralph, Danica Patrick, Mii/Xbox 360 Avatar, Team Fortress, General Winter and Yogscast are not Sega characters. (General Winter Was before a THQ Characters Until SEGA Claim The Franchise)
- The first three trailers for the game use the song "Promises" by Nero for the BGM. All the trailers after the August trailer use "Acid Cube" by Richardson & Macklin & Ford.
- This makes Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed the second Sonic game to have a trailer that uses non-Sega music, the first being Sonic Generations, which had trailers that used the songs "Tenderoni" by Kele for the Gameplay/Green Hill trailer and "Na Na Na" by My Chemical Romance for the City Escape trailer.
- Although Beat appeared in the first All-Stars Racing game with his Jet Set Radio Future design, he appears in All-Stars Racing Transformed with his original design from Jet Set Radio, although a bit shorter in height.
- The cars in the game have undergone a radical design change due to the transformation mechanics in this game. Notable examples include Sonic's Speed Star, which now has sharper angles, different wheels, and less "Sonic spines"; Amy's car loses the tire cover, gets a bigger wind shield, and becomes rounded; and Doctor Eggman's monster truck is now a six-wheeled red "tank". Every racer now has a car, a tank-like vehicle, or a quad bike instead of a bi-plane (e.g. Tails' Tornado Racer) or a motorcycle (e.g. Shadow's Dark Rider).
- This is the first Sonic the Hedgehog game (as well as the first spin-off title) on the PlayStation Vita (not counting the PSP re-releases on the PlayStation Network) and the Wii U.
- At the end of the Comic-Con 2012 trailer, and during the Danica Patrick trailer, some of Sonic's voice clips from Sonic Generations are used. The same applies for Dr. Eggman.
- Wreck-It Ralph, from the 2012 Disney film of the same name, is a playable character in the game, which is likely a reference to the fact that in the film, Ralph "game jumps" through different arcade games. The game including Ralph might reference the fact that Sonic, Dr. Eggman, Tails, and other Sega characters appear in Wreck-It Ralph.
- With the exception of Tails and Amigo, all of the characters that appear on Transformed's cover (Sonic, Dr. Eggman, AiAi) also appear on the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing cover.
- Similarly, Aiai is the only non-Sonic character on the game's boxart.
- This is the first Sonic game to have a guest character that is not a video game character.
- This is also the first Sonic game to feature a real-life celebrity as a playable character.
- It is noticeable that Danica Patrick has the Hot Wheels and GoDaddy logos on her car.
- Just like its prequel, this game uses recycled voice clips from previous Sonic games, notably from Sonic Generations.
- Again, none of the Sonic voice actors were credited in the credits.
- Ocean View is the only new stage in the game that has been based off a stage (that stage being Seaside Hill) previous used in Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing tracks, which are Whale Lagoon, Lost Palace and Ocean Ruin.
- Similar to its prequel, the PS3 version does not get an exclusive character.
- Sonic Universe #45 ties in to this game, making it the first stand-alone issue of the series to crossover with a video game. It also marks the first appearance of non-Sonic characters in the comic series, such as Beat and Vyse.
- This is the first game in the Sega Superstars/Sega All-Stars series to have an RPG series represented.
- If one fails an event multiple times, a quiet mocking laughter can be heard.
- If the player attempts to turn down the audio for the voices or audience, the announcer will attempt to stop the player and ridicule them or boo them, respectively.
- Some reused sound files are from Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Sumo Digital Start-Up) and Star Fox Assault (Pressing A/X whilst on the slot machine with no tokens).
- Amigo is the only mute character in the game, only communicating via whistle blows.
- This is not counting Metal Sonic in the Bonus Edition.
- This game and its original both have Seaside Hill as their background on the cover.
- Unlike the first game which had three female characters counting the player's Mii/Avatar, this time there are six, counting the player's Mii/Avatar if it's a girl or seven if you view NiGHTS as female.
- The announcer does not say "Final Lap" in the console/PC versions when the player is on his/her final lap of the race.
- Unlike Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing, the Xbox Live Avatars and Miis are given voices.
- Several tracks and even background music sound similar to a real-world or another game track:
- Race of Ages has a track design similar to Crash Nitro Kart's Android Alley, as both of the tracks are yellow, have very slick turns and have narrow paths.
- World Tour mode is labeled as having you travel from island to island while saving characters that you unlock.
- The "Takes AGES" achievement features an image of Tarō Sega, the main protagonist of the Japan-exclusive game Segagaga.
- It is possible to bypass the transformation gates in courses as a glitch. The character needs to move as close to the gate as possible and then face the opposite direction until the 'Wrong Way' sign appears. After the 'Wrong Way' sign appears for a while (the character will be respawned), the character will respawn in front of the transformation gate without going through it, which means the player could attempt to drive as a boat at car sections or drive a plane on boat sections etc.
- This, however, may be fixed in some of the versions due to patches.
- Vyse is the only character who does not use recycled voice clips from his own game, as his original voice actor, Christopher Sullivan, provided new voice clips for him for the game.
- This the first Sonic game to have Steam Trading Cards on Steam.
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is the only Sonic game that appear in 3 Humble Bundles . The first one being Yogscast's Dwarven Dairy Drive, and the second one is being Humble Weekly Sale SEGA. In Germany only, it's because The House of The Dead: Overkill is banned in that country, the game is replaced. And the third one being Humble SEGA Bundle.
- Takenobu Mitsuyoshi is confirmed to be the announcer of the game in the Japanese version.
- This is the most recent Sonic game to have a total of 7 Non-Sega or Sonic-related characters.
- The Japanese version of this game is the only version to have the original The House of the Dead logo for Graveyard Gig course.
- ↑ Kellie (22 April 2013). Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Intel Ultrabook. Sega Blog. Retrieved on 1 February 2015.
- ↑ http://blogs.sega.com/2013/10/22/stellar-line-up-coming-to-mobile-tablets/
- ↑ http://www.tssznews.com/2014/02/12/asr-transformed-coming-to-japan/
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201402/13047996.html
- ↑ http://revision3.com/rev3gamesoriginals/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 http://www.summerofsonic.com/news/summer-of-sonic-2012-exclusive-nights-and-reala-are-playable-characters-in-sonic-all-stars-racings-transformed
- ↑ http://www.gamezone.com/products/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing/news/nascar-s-danica-patrick-joins-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-cast
- ↑ http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/07/13/comic-con-how-wreck-it-ralph-infiltrated-the-game-industry/
- ↑ http://www.sonicretro.org/2013/11/yogscast-dlc-revealed-for-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/
- ↑ http://www.tssznews.com/2012/11/12/rumor-a-new-racer-and-two-new-tracks-from-sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed-leaked/
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 http://blogs.sega.com/category/sonic-the-hedgehog/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/
- ↑ http://www.sonicthehedgehog.com/racing/
- ↑ 13.00 13.01 13.02 13.03 13.04 13.05 13.06 13.07 13.08 13.09 13.10 13.11 13.12 New Game Update Now Live! (3rd May 2013). Stream. S0L (4 April 2013). Retrieved on 2 December 2016.
- ↑ 14.00 14.01 14.02 14.03 14.04 14.05 14.06 14.07 14.08 14.09 14.10 14.11 14.12 14.13 14.14 14.15 14.16 14.17 14.18 14.19 14.20 14.21 14.22 Console Updates.... SEGA Forum. S0L (Jul 2009). Retrieved on 2 December 2016.
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/15/sonic-and-all-stars-racing-transformed-review
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2235327/Science-tech-Review--Sonic--All-Stars-Racing-Transformed-Xbox-360--PS3--PC--Wii-U.html.com
- ↑ http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/ndioba/sonic---all-stars-racing-transformed-review
- ↑ 'Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed' claims Wii U number one. DigitalSpy (18 February 2013). Retrieved on 29 July 2016.
- ↑ FY Ended March 2013 Full Year Results Presentation. Sega Sammy Holdings (2013-05-13). Retrieved on 2013-08-15.
- ↑ ソニック&オールスターレーシングTRANSFORMED コース紹介13 Dr.キュリアンの館. YouTube. SEGA (14 April 2014). Retrieved on 16 February 2016.