- For other subjects with the same name, see Sonic Boom (disambiguation).
Sonic Boom is an upcoming CGI series scheduled for release in Fall 2014. It is a cartoon comedy series that is aimed at children centering on Sonic the Hedgehog, his best friend Tails, Amy, Knuckles, their never ending search for adventure and their battles with their nemesis Doctor Eggman. Other characters will also join the ensemble, along with a horde of enemies both new and old.
Sonic Boom is set to first debut in the fall of 2014 on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on Canal J and Gulli in France, followed by a global rollout. The number initial order of episodes is 52, with 11 minutes of running time is co-produced by Sega of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions.
Takashi Iizuka is overseeing the series to ensure that it’s true to the Sonic characters and universe. Also, many of the current voice actors for the Sonic series will be voicing the animated series. According to the Sonic Boom database on the IMDB website, showrunners such as Evan Baily and Bill Freiberger will be executive producers and will help the Sonic Boom television series. Mike Banker will also assist with writing the television series.
- Roger Craig Smith as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Colleen Villard as Miles "Tails" Prower
- Travis Willingham as Knuckles the Echidna
- Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose
- Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman
- Kirk Thornton as Orbot
- Wally Wingert as Cubot
- This is the first Sonic the Hedgehog television show to have fully computer-generated (CG) animation.
- Although it has been confirmed that Ouiya is doing the production for the show, the first reveal of the show said that it was being done by Genao Productions.
- This is the second Sonic TV show to be a comedy; the first is Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- This is the third Sonic the Hedgehog animation to be produced by Sega; the first being Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie and the second being Sonic X.
- Much similar to the canon of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series, every episode is not connected to another, or in other words, will essentially "reset" every episode.
TrailerSonic Boom TV Trailer(02:50)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://blogs.sega.com/2013/10/02/sonic-boom-working-title-a-new-animated-series-coming-fall-2014/
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151875351727418&set=a.406270927417.185036.23050342417&type=1&comment_id=10352062&reply_comment_id=10352266&total_comments=31
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3232262
- ↑ http://www.tssznews.com/2013/12/13/database-reveals-more-sonic-boom-tv-writing-producing-credits/
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-behind-the-scenes-english-vas-orbot-cubot-confirmed/
- ↑ http://blogs.sega.com/2013/10/02/sonic-boom-working-title-a-new-animated-series-coming-fall-2014/?0=1
- ↑ http://www.sonicstadium.org/2014/02/sonic-boom-tv-world-to-reset-in-every-episode/