- For other subjects with the same name, see Sonic Boom (disambiguation).
The logo for Sonic Boom.
|Number of episodes||
Sonic Boom is an upcoming CGI television series scheduled for release in October 2014. It is a cartoon comedy series that is aimed at children centering on Sonic, with his friends, Tails, Amy and Knuckles, their never ending search for adventure and their battles with their nemesis Doctor Eggman. Other characters, both new and old, will also join the ensemble.
Sonic Boom is set to first debut in the fall of 2014 on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on Canal J and Gulli in France, followed by a global rollout. The number initial order of episodes is 52, with 11 minutes of running time is co-produced by Sega of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions.
Takashi Iizuka is overseeing the series to ensure that it's true to the Sonic characters and universe. Also, many of the current voice actors for the Sonic series will be voicing the animated series. According to the Sonic Boom database on the IMDB website, showrunners such as Evan Baily and Bill Freiberger will be executive producers and will help the Sonic Boom television series. Mike Banker will also assist with writing the television series. Episodes are now under production.
- Roger Craig Smith as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Colleen Villard as Miles "Tails" Prower
- Travis Willingham as Knuckles the Echidna
- Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose
- Nika Futterman as Sticks the Badger
- Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman
- Kirk Thornton as Orbot
- Wally Wingert as Cubot
- Mark Rolston as Lyric the Last Ancient
- Fastidious Beaver
- Mayor Fink
- This is the first Sonic the Hedgehog television show to have fully computer-generated (CG) animation.
- Although it has been confirmed that Ouiya is doing the production for the show, the first reveal of the show said that it was being done by Genao Productions.
- This is the second Sonic TV show to be a comedy; the first is Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- This is the third Sonic the Hedgehog animation to be produced by Sega; the first being Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie and the second being Sonic X.
- Much similar to the canon of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series, every episode is not connected to another, or in other words, will essentially "reset" every episode.
- This is the first Sonic TV series to be produced in HD and widescreen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Kellie (29 May 2014). Introducing Sticks to the Sonic Boom Franchise. Retrieved on 17 June 2014.
- ↑ Sonic Boom (TV Series 2014-) - Release Info. Retrieved on 20 April 2014.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Kellie (2 October 2013). Sonic Boom (Working Title) - A New Animated Series Coming Fall 2014. Retrieved on 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Timeline Photos - Sonic the Hedgehog. Retrieved on 18 December 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic Boom (2014-) - Full Cast & Crew. Retrieved on 17 June 2014.
- ↑ Tristan Oliver (13 December 2013). Database Reveals More Sonic Boom TV Writing, Producing Credits. Retrieved on 13 December 2013.
- ↑ Sonic Boom Sticks Announcement (29 May 2014). Retrieved on 29 May 2014.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Doctor MK (25 February 2014). Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes: English VAs, Orbot & Cubot Confirmed. Retrieved on 5 March 2014.
- ↑ Doctor MK (13 February 2014). Sonic Boom TV world to “reset” in every episode. Retrieved on 14 February 2014.