- For other subjects with the same name, see Sonic Boom (disambiguation).
The logo for Sonic Boom.
|Number of episodes||
Sonic Boom is an upcoming CG-animated television series scheduled for release on November 8, 2014 in the U.S. on Cartoon Network and on November 19 in France on Canal J. The Show will also launch in Spring 2015 on the French children's network Gulli, Middle East, and with other territories to follow by Fall 2015. It's a cartoon comedy series that is aimed at children centering around Sonic and his friends Tails, Amy, Knuckles, and Sticks, and their never ending search for adventure and their battles with their nemesis Doctor Eggman. Other characters, both new and old, will also join the ensemble.
Sonic Boom is set to first debut in the Fall of 2014 on Cartoon Network in the U.S. and on Canal J and Gulli in France, followed by a global rollout. The number of initial order of episodes is 52, with 11 minutes of running time. It is co-produced by Sega of America Inc. and OuiDO! Productions.
Takashi Iizuka is overseeing the series to ensure that it's true to the Sonic characters and universe. Also, many of the current voice actors for the Sonic series will be voicing the animated series. According to the Sonic Boom database on the IMDB website, showrunners such as Evan Baily and Bill Freiberger will be executive producers and will help the Sonic Boom television series. Mike Banker will also assist with writing the television series. Episodes are now under production.
- Roger Craig Smith as Sonic the Hedgehog
- Colleen Villard as Miles "Tails" Prower
- Travis Willingham as Knuckles the Echidna
- Cindy Robinson as Amy Rose
- Nika Futterman as Sticks the Badger
- Mike Pollock as Dr. Eggman
- Kirk Thornton as Orbot/Shadow the Hedgehog
- Wally Wingert as Cubot
- Metal Sonic
- Fastidious Beaver
- Mayor Fink
The TV series is an ensemble comedy revolving around Sonic and his friends Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks that pokes fun at action-adventure storytelling, but still manages to deliver plenty of adrenaline. It is set in a wide-open world, where most of the characters live in and around a Village. This vast landscape is filled with jungles, mountains, undersea civilizations, cloud cities and all kinds of other environments.
- This is the first Sonic the Hedgehog television show to have fully computer-generated (CG) animation.
- Although it has been confirmed that Ouiya is doing the production for the show, the first reveal of the show said that it was being done by Genao Productions.
- This is the second Sonic TV show to be a comedy; the first is Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
- This is the third Sonic the Hedgehog animation to be produced by Sega; the first being Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie and the second being Sonic X.
- Much similar to the canon of the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog television series, every episode will be a standalone.
- This is the first Sonic TV series to be produced in HD and widescreen.
- It is the longest time to wait for a new show in the series - 8 years passed from the original airing of the last episode of Sonic X to air the first episode of Sonic Boom.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Kellie (29 May 2014). Introducing Sticks to the Sonic Boom Franchise. Retrieved on 17 June 2014.
- ↑ 
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Kellie (2 October 2013). Sonic Boom (Working Title) - A New Animated Series Coming Fall 2014. Retrieved on 4 October 2013.
- ↑ Timeline Photos - Sonic the Hedgehog. Retrieved on 18 December 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Sonic Boom (2014-) - Full Cast & Crew. Retrieved on 17 June 2014.
- ↑ Tristan Oliver (13 December 2013). Database Reveals More Sonic Boom TV Writing, Producing Credits. Retrieved on 13 December 2013.
- ↑ Sonic Boom Sticks Announcement (29 May 2014). Retrieved on 29 May 2014.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Doctor MK (25 February 2014). Sonic Boom Behind the Scenes: English VAs, Orbot & Cubot Confirmed. Retrieved on 5 March 2014.
- ↑ Doctor MK (13 February 2014). Sonic Boom TV world to “reset” in every episode. Retrieved on 14 February 2014.