This article pertains to the beta elements of Sonic Forces.
Sonic Generations leftover animations
All the animations for Classic Sonic from Sonic Generations are present in the game files of Sonic Forces, including the unused dancing animations with their proper names. The animations were edited so that Sonic's mouth and eyelids do not move.
Sonic Lost World leftover skybox
Final Judgement skybox
The player spawns in the middle of the first section of Null Space. By hacking, it is possible to start from the beginning, triggering some unused voice lines:
- "A prison that goes on forever, huh? At least getting sent here taught me something. Nothing beats realizing that you're not alone!"
Swapping the object placement data also causes the game to load wrong voice lines. When playing Green Hill with Enemy Territory object placement, voice lines for Egg Gate play, some of which could not be heard during the actual stage:
- "Phew! I needed a good workout after all that rest."
- "I haven't lost my edge."
There are some unused lines from Rouge and Shadow after the second two lines from Omega and Rouge in this stage:
- Rouge: I've lost Omega's signal! Shadow, get to his best known location and provide support.
- Shadow: Already on it! Heh, I knew it. So much for recon!
- Rouge: You're almost at the spot where we've lost contact with Omega.
- Shadow: What is going on here...?
Here, the player plays as Shadow in Virtual Reality with level design resembling Guardian Rock's more. When the player goes through the loop and dodges the Death Crab's legs for fifth time, six unused lines can be heard from Shadow and a replica Rouge:
- Shadow: Rouge... What happened to Omega?
- Replica Rouge: Oh, who knows? He haven't heard a beep from him since he was dispatched last week.
- Shadow: I thought you said he was destroyed three months ago.
- Replica Rouge: ...
- Replica Rouge: In any case, that Omega sure is a clumsy bucket of bolts isn't he? Oooh, I can't wait to see the look on that smashed-up tin can's face!
- Shadow: You. Are you really Rouge?
- Replica Rouge: Of course I'm me. Just like how you're you.
In the beginning of Episode Shadow, Shadow narrates the story to the player like the text words before the game began:
- Shadow: It was one month before the Doctor took over the world. The first time I encountered... him.
Unused Shadow move
Sonic 2017 VR demo
A splash screen texture was found in the game files. Possibly an old file since Sonic 2017 was early name of Sonic Forces.
Early stage layouts
Earlier object placement files remained, many of them differ from the final layouts significantly.
- ↑ Zoney (26 November 2017). Sonic Forces : Classic Sonic Unused Generations Animations. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 26 November 2017.
- ↑ Brandon Jones (28 January 2018). Sonic Forces - Final Judgement Unused Skybox. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.
- ↑ codenamegamma (19 November 2017). Sonic Forces PC - Null Space Once a Full Stage? (Unused Dialog). YouTube.com. Retrieved on 19 November 2017.
- ↑ codenamegamma (29 December 2017). Sonic Forces - Green Hill + Enemy Territory Some Possibly Unused Dialog.. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 29 December 2017.
- ↑ More Unused Dialogue Found in Sonic Forces (Episode Shadow's Virtual Reality). YouTube. KapuDaKoopa (5 February 2018). Retrieved on 5 February 2018.
- ↑ codenamegamma (21 November 2017). Sonic Forces PC - Shadow Has Chaos Control? Removed?. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 21 November 2017.
- ↑ Brandon Jones (25 January 2018). Sonic Forces - Beta Mortar Canyon All Routes. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 25 January 2018.
- ↑ Brandon Jones (26 January 2018). Sonic Forces - Beta Sunset Heights Full Playthrough. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 26 January 2018.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Brandon Jones (19 January 2018). Sonic Forces - Sunset Heights/Park Avenue Unused Object Layout. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 19 January 2018.
- ↑ Brandon Jones (28 January 2018). Sonic Forces - Unknown Unused Object Layout. YouTube.com. Retrieved on 28 January 2018.