The App Icon for Sonic Jump.
October 18, 2012
Sonic Jump is a downloadable game developed by Hardlight Studio. It was released in 2012 by Sega for mobile applications and since the release, the game has had updates with new characters, zones and modes. It is based on the 2005 mobile phone game with the same name. Sonic Dash is considered to be the sequel of this game. 
Like the original Sonic Jump game, the goal is get to the Goal Plate at the end of each act by jumping up from each platform to other. Like normally in Sonic games, collecting rings will protect the player from Badniks or spikes. The only way the player can defeat Badniks is to attack their underside. However, if the playable character falls down, the stage is restarted at the beginning of the act. Also, as the player bounces higher, camera follows as well and does not scroll down if the player does falls down. Some of platforms are different, as the more-sensitive ones will collapse when the player steps on them. Each of playable characters have their own abilities to survive from many situations.
In addition to rings, the game has three collectible Red Rings per act. The game has springs which bounces the player higher. The game has also monitors, which usually contains different kinds of shields, bombs, magnets and shoes. There's also ring banks, which deposit the rings that the player had collected. With these rings, the player can purchase various items from the in-game store, and to unlock characters, power ups, etc. The player can also pay to purchase rings and power-ups.
The game has two modes; story and arcade. Story mode includes 48 levels, as each zone contains twelve acts and follows the game's plot. The story mode has also three bonus missions per act. The arcade mode is simple infinite challenge, which ends depending when the player falls or dies by hitting badnik or spikes. The player can challenge other players in arcade mode to get the highest score in leaderboards.
It was announced that the game will have free updates, including more playable characters and zones.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose 
- Blaze the Cat
- Silver the Hedgehog 
- Rouge the Bat
- Shadow the Hedgehog (Future Update)
- Cream the Rabbit (Future Update)
- Vector the Crocodile (Future Update)
|Knuckles||Higher double jumps|
|Amy||Slower jumps/Wider attack radius on double jump|
|Rouge||Slower jumps/Flutter ability|
- The first DLC of game was released on November 26, 2012. It adds Amy Rose as playable character, Blue Sky Zone, and new mode Global Challenge, which required players to collectively jump high enough to reach the moon. Upon clearing this challenge, Blaze the Cat was unlocked as a playable character.
- This game has often been incorrectly identified as a Doodle Jump clone. This is invalid, because the original Sonic Jump was released in 2005. Doodle Jump came out 4 years later, in 2009.
- Unlike the normal Sonic level routine, this game has eleven acts per Zone (12 after the Boss update)
- Silver the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat were added as DLC on December 19, 2012.
- During the 2012 holiday season (around Christmas), Sonic Jump was a free downloadable app for a week. It currently costs $0.99.
- This update, titled Boss Battles, made act 6 of every zone another Boss Battle, and added an 11th act to make up for it.
- Mechanical Zone is the only zone not in the remake. However, after Blue Sky Zone, it says "coming soon".
- Cream has two sets of ears while curled up.