Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Game board
- 6 player tokens
- 28 Title Deed cards
- 16 Badnik (Chance) cards
- 16 Item Box (Community Chest) cards
- 2 dice
- 32 "house" tokens
- 12 "hotel" tokens
- Paper money
- Rule booklet
Sonic-themed game elements
The Super Tax and Income Tax squares have the same function but are presented as "Gift Expense" and "Dr Eggman Steals Rings" respectively. The four corner squares (Go, Jail, Free Parking and Go To Jail) are unchanged.
The player tokens are modelled after Sonic, Tails, Amy Rose, Knuckles, Chao and Shadow. The currency is rings rather than dollars, with each different denomination's note featuring a different character from the franchise:
- 500 rings: Sonic the Hedgehog
- 100 rings: Miles "Tails" Prower
- 50 rings: Knuckles the Echidna
- 20 rings: Amy Rose
- 10 rings: Shadow the Hedgehog
- 5 rings: Rouge the Bat
- 1 ring: Chao
The houses are renamed "workshops" and the hotels are renamed "bases": the workshop tokens are yellow and the base tokens are silver, their colors being the only difference from those in the original Monopoly. The Chance cards are labelled "Badnik" and feature an Egg Pawn, while the Community Chest cards are labelled "Item Box" with a picture of an item box from the side-scrolling Sonic games. All the actions, rewards and deductions awarded by the cards correspond to those from the original game, but are presented as more Sonic-like events.
The properties are all levels or elements from Sonic games, featuring areas from all eras of Sonic's history:
- Brown group:
- Light-blue group:
- Pink group:
- Orange group:
- Red group:
- Yellow group:
- Green group:
- Dark blue group:
The four train stations are replaced by the Speed Star, Tornado, Extreme Gear and Egg Mobile, and the Electric Company and Waterworks facilities are replaced by Team Chaotix and the Babylon Rogues (labelled "Team Babylon") respectively.
Other Sonic references
- Jet the Hawk and Wave the Swallow appear individually on a Badnik and Item Box card respectively.
- Interestingly, Jet's card awards the player fifty rings, while Wave's card deducts the same amount from the player.
- Super Sonic is pictured on a Badnik card and Blaze the Cat is shown on an Item Box card. Both cards advance the player to the "Go" square.
- The Go to Jail cards indicate that the player has been captured by Metal Sonic (in the Badnik deck) or the Time Eater (in the Item Box deck).
- For some reason, the Time Eater's card instead has a picture of Rouge the Bat.
- The "Get Out of Jail Free" cards reference Red Star Rings (in the Item Box deck) and the purple Chaos Emerald (in the Badnik deck).
- Big the Cat appears on an Item Box card that deducts one hundred rings from the player.
- Some of the Item Box cards award the player rings for clearing a stage in less than one minute, defeating one hundred enemies, performing a seven-trick combo, taking no damage from a final boss and participating in a thirty second trial. All of these are actions that unlock achievements in the Xbox 360, PlayStation3 and PC versions of Sonic Generations.
- Despite Dr. Eggman's rather prominent appearance on the game's box, he only appears twice in the game itself: once on the board and once in the Item Box deck. A card in the Badnik deck also mentions him by name.
- All properties that appeared in Sonic Generations feature artwork from it, rather than their original games.