The Sonic News Network is a collaborative encyclopedia for everything related to the Sonic the Hedgehog series. There are 8,621 articles and growing since this wiki was founded in September 2005. The wiki format allows anyone to create or edit any article, so we can all work together to create a comprehensive database for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Please note that articles on Sonic News Network may contain unmarked spoilers. Please browse at your own risk!
Our recipient for the disgustingly overdue Featured User interview is none other than long-time veteran User Murphyshane. When asked his thoughts on being Featured User once again, he said "Pretty good. It's always an honour." Now, let's not keep this interview waiting any longer, and get to the meat of it.
# 1. Q) To you, what is the most iconic Sonic game?
- A) Well, to me, the most iconic Sonic game will always be Shadow the Hedgehog. It was my first Sonic game, which I played when I was 10. It got me interested in the series, and if it were not for that game, I'd likely have never joined the SNN. Shadow was also kinda like a role model to me growing up. I wanted to be just like him.
# 2. Q) What's your favorite Mobian species (counting the comics and other non-game materials)?
- A) Never put much thought into that. Though it's not really a species, I've always like the robots in the games. I've always liked Emerl, Gamma, Beta, Omega, Gemerl as well as several other robots in the series. We laugh at Eggman for his fails, but to give the guy credit, he can work up some cool machines, of course with a few exceptions.
# 3. Q) What are your thoughts on Message Walls vs Talkpages?
- A) I follow the phrase "If it's not broke, don't fix it". Wikia has taken so many twists and turns over the years, mainly the eradication of the Monaco skin. The wiki I grew up in...is gone. In any case, the Message Walls are another example of a change. I'm not completely against them, but I do prefer talk pages.
# 4. Q) Where do you think the wiki could stand to improve?
- A) Hm, good question. Honestly, I think we are improving. Little by little. Rome wasn't built in a day, and a top wiki is a process. I think that this wiki improves just a small bit everyday, giving it no real field that it lacks in.
# 5. Q) Do you think the wiki should have a section for fanon and manmade materials again?
- A) I do not. The Sonic Fanon Wiki serves this purpose. They seem to be a slight distraction.
# 6. Q) Despite Shadow and Silver having unique powers on top of super speed, Sonic manages to keep up with or even outdo them; why do you think this is?
- A) I never looked at it that way. In stories, we often see that a pure, brave heart turns out to be the winner. In other words, the underdog is the one that achieves. Sorta like a David & Goliath story. In this case, Sonic is the pure hearted hero, who has more will to win than the others. On top of this, Sonic makes the best of what he can use and does not take his opponent for granted. Finally, Sonic always has his friends behind him when undertaking a serious task. The evil side is normally alone, a single great power, but the heroes form a team and work together. I can think of a couple of scrapes Sonic's been in where he would've been defeated if it wasn't for the help of his friends.
# 7. Q) What character do you think has the most potential, if SEGA would just make more use of them?
- A) I think Espio would fit this description. Espio has some decent fan support, and in my opinion, he's a pretty cool character. But we never really see Espio make a large appearance in the games. His most dominant appearance was likely in Sonic Heroes. Honestly, I think he's hindered by Charmy and Vector. Perhaps if Sega put him in another solo mission like in Sonic Rivals 2 he may become a more interesting character.
# 8. Q) Say SEGA makes a Sonic game set in an entirely new genre; what do you think would be the best choice?
- A) I suppose a third person shooter would be rather interesting. Now, that sounds rather "heavy" for a Sonic game, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a lethal shooter. Star Fox Assault is an example of a third person shooter which was not lethal. Weapons used were lasers and whatnot. The Sonic games could do something similar. And besides, we've had guns in Sonic games before. Like in Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Adventure 2.
# 9. Q) Thoughts on the Sonic Boom games and TV series, based on the up to date info?
- A) I haven't paid much attention to Sonic Boom at all. It doesn't really interest me.
# 10. Q) Would you read a Sonic-based novel?
- A) I suppose I would. I don't normally read novels, but I enjoy manga. Perhaps if a Sonic manga was created, I'd read it.
|Topic||Last Post||Last Author|
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Expand some of our stubs and incomplete articles!
- Improve some of our articles in need of cleanup!
- Update some of our out-of-date articles!
- Fix some of our double redirects!
- Categorize some of our uncategorized categories, files and articles!
- Add links to some of our orphaned pages!
- See if any of our unused files and videos should be posted on articles!
- Join in our merge debates!
- Discuss our Featured Article nominations!
Beauregard Rabbot, colloquially called The Baron, is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. In the Pre-Super Genesis Wave timeline, Beauregard is the uncle of Bunnie Rabbot-D'Coolette, as well as the Grandmaster of the Great Desert Dark Egg Legion. He was also the nemesis of the Sand-Blasters.
Vote for the next Featured Article here!
Previously Featured: Egg Fighter, Perfect Dark Gaia, Spikes (obstacle), Tornado, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Piko Piko Hammer, Eggmanland (stage), Goal Plate, Gear Parts, Death Egg, SegaSonic the Hedgehog, Albion Attack, Sonic Generations
Sonic Fanon Wiki is the place to go if you have any sort of fan-works! Instead of posting them on articles here (where they don't belong), place them at the Sonic Fanon Wiki for all of the hard-working fanon writers to see and praise. The Sonic Fanon Wiki started in June 2008, and currently consists of over 12,300 articles!
Sonic the Comic Wiki is for all things related to Sonic the Comic, the British comic published by Fleetway Editions. The Sonic the Comic Wiki started in April 2009, following the closure of a previous STC wiki hosted by Pokécharms. It currently consists of over 3,100 articles!
Mobius Encyclopaedia is a collaborative project to create the most definitive, accurate, and accessible encyclopedia and reference for everything related to the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog universe. Mobius Encyclopaedia started in October 2007, and currently consists of over 2,200 articles!
Click here to see more of our affiliates!