The Sonic News Network is a collaborative encyclopedia for everything related to the Sonic the Hedgehog series. There are 8,871 articles and growing since this wiki was founded in September 2005. The wiki format allows anyone to create or edit any article, so we can all work together to create a comprehensive database for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
Please note that articles on Sonic News Network may contain unmarked spoilers. Please browse at your own risk!
With the New Year underway, we start a new year of wiki progression and Featured User interviews. We start this new year with one Ultrasonic9000, who said in response "As always, I feel honored and proud of myself. It gives me the feeling that people really appreciate my extensive efforts." And with that, we get on to the meat of the first interview of the year.
# 1. Q) What's your resolution for 2015?
- A) I will try to become more physically active. I will try to get outside more often for some fresh air and I will try exercising more.
# 2. Q) How do you think Sonic will fare in 2015?
- A) This is kinda hard for me to say. I am pretty sure the... limited success with the Sonic Boom games will linger well into 2015, but I also think there will be a little hype regarding what the Sonic Boom franchise and the Worlds Unite crossover will offer. Overall, I think Sonic will not fare better in 2015, but will neither fare worse. I guess think it all comes down to whatever move Sega makes next.
# 3. Q) What was your proudest wiki moment of 2014?
- A) I do not have a single moment that I am proud of, but I do have several moments that come together as one. In short, my proudest moments are the times when I get a proportion of the Sonic Boom universe down. I pride myself of being able to get the information down as they present themselves.
# 4. Q) What was your saddest wiki moment of 2014?
- A) My saddest moment would have to be around April 11. That day, I got out of my bed, ready for another perfect day when I got into an argument with one of the users over unauthorized usage of a template I had designed. I got pretty furious in front of the other users which let to them expressing some opinions about me that really hurt, and it made me question of whether if I could continue working on SNN if I had to follow the guidelines here. As such, I tried to leave SNN indefinitely and that was an empty period for me. It only lasted only a week though.
# 5. Q) What was your happiest moment of 2014 overall?
- A) My happiest moment in 2014 would have to be when I finished my basic education in trade and service with an A in everything.
# 6. Q) What do you remember most about 2014?
- A) I remember most of all my different arguments/discussions with other users here on SNN. The different ideals, personalities and viewpoints are both hard walls I struggle against and as well examples that I admire and ultimately respect. As such, I keep them as a constant reminder of how I can improve myself as an editor.
# 7. Q) How would you say you've changed, if at all, from New Years 2014 to today?
- A) I would say I have matured in terms of acceptance. I am not as stubborn as I used to be and I am more open towards others' opinions. I am also more acceptant others' work (even of I not always agree with it) and allow them to try out on their own and provide gentle directions instead of being blunt and threating them harshly. Looking back at how I used to behave, I think I was a big jerk. As an editor, I have also learned the value of shorter and more direct articles over over-detailed work, which is a big change in my opinion.
# 8. Q) How do you feel SNN has changed over that same period of time?
- A) I would say SNN has gotten a little edgier. There have been a lot of strong personalities this year and that has lead to a lot revisions of how we behave and what we should tolerate. I am not so much into the community behind the scenes, but I have noticed SNN has gotten overall more tense.
# 9. Q) How do you think SNN will change over the next year?
- A) I think SNN will gain more direct guidelines and a new structure. It will probably take up new rules and niches, and the norms and basic structure for the articles will probably be revised.
# 10. Q) What are you most looking forward to in 2015?
- A) I look forward to two things: the first is more news from the Sonic Boom universe since it is a new chapter in the Sonic history that I have dedicated myself to document to the best of my ability. The second is getting an internship for what I think will be my dream job and what I think will fit my personality just right.
|Topic||Last Post||Last Author|
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Expand some of our stubs and incomplete articles!
- Improve some of our articles in need of cleanup!
- Update some of our out-of-date articles!
- Fix some of our double redirects!
- Categorize some of our uncategorized categories, files and articles!
- Add links to some of our orphaned pages!
- See if any of our unused files and videos should be posted on articles!
- Join in our merge debates!
- Discuss our Featured Article nominations!
Antoine D'Coolette is one of the main characters in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He is an English/French-speaking anthropomorphic coyote, and a faithful and longtime member of the New Freedom Fighters, serving as a part of the Team Fighters subdivision. He is a skilled swordsman, as well as an active pilot.
Vote for the next Featured Article here!
Previously Featured: Beauregard Rabbot, Egg Fighter, Perfect Dark Gaia, Spikes (obstacle), Tornado, Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Piko Piko Hammer, Eggmanland (stage), Goal Plate, Gear Parts, Death Egg, SegaSonic the Hedgehog, Albion Attack
Sonic Fanon Wiki is the place to go if you have any sort of fan-works! Instead of posting them on articles here (where they don't belong), place them at the Sonic Fanon Wiki for all of the hard-working fanon writers to see and praise. The Sonic Fanon Wiki started in June 2008, and currently consists of over 10,000 articles!
Sonic the Comic Wiki is for all things related to Sonic the Comic, the British comic published by Fleetway Editions. The Sonic the Comic Wiki started in April 2009, following the closure of a previous STC wiki hosted by Pokécharms. It currently consists of over 3,100 articles!
Mobius Encyclopaedia is a collaborative project to create the most definitive, accurate, and accessible encyclopedia and reference for everything related to the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog universe. Mobius Encyclopaedia started in October 2007, and currently consists of over 2,400 articles!
Click here to see more of our affiliates!