- Knuckles: I've looked all over for the Master Emerald, but I still can't find it. Argh! Where in the world could it be? Could Eggman have taken it?
- Rouge: Well, don't look at me, big boy.
- Knuckles: Wha-? Rouge! Do you know who stole the Master Emerald?
- Rouge: No, but I can help you look.
- Knuckles: I don't need your help... Besides, why would you help me unless there was something in it for you?
- Rouge: Actually, there are other "Emeralds" I'd like to find and I could use a little help.
- Knuckles: I knew it.
- Rouge: But I can lead you to the Doctor!
- Knuckles: Okay, guess I don't have a choice do I?
- Rouge: Exactly. Let's go!
- Knuckles: Look, it's Sonic and Tails!
- Sonic: Well look who it is... Knuckles and Rouge! You two on a date or something?
- Knuckles: Knock it off, Sonic! By the way... Have you seen Eggman?
- Sonic: What's it to you?
- Knuckles: Um... Well, the Master Emerald seems to be missing again... and...
- Sonic: That figures... what else is new, Knuckles? I'll need to talk to Eggman first... so I'll see you later!
- Knuckles: WHAT!? Hey, come back here! Try to beat me to Eggman, will he?
- Knuckles: Hey, Sonic... How about a little one-on-one, instead of this silly race?
- Sonic: Knuckles, don't tell me you're tired already?!
- Knuckles: What'd you say?! I'll show you how tired I am!
- Tails: Hey, Rouge! What are you doing here?
- Rouge: Whaddya think I'm doing? Lookng for treasure of course. Say, you wouldn't know where the Doctor is, would you?
- Tails: He's here on this island and... Sonic and I were just about to...
- Rouge: Thanks Tails... I'll be sure to tell the Doctor that you're looking for him. See ya!
- Tails: Hey, wait! You can't do that! If he knows we're looking for him, we'll never find him. Hey... Wait up!
- Knuckles: Eggman! Where's the Master Emerald?
- Dr. Eggman Nega: What are you talking about? Funny that I'm the first person blamed when something is missing.
- Rouge: Boy, do I know what you mean, Doc...
- Dr. Eggman Nega: What did you say?
- Rouge: Ah, never mind...
- Dr. Eggman Nega: If you don't have anything better to do with your time, why not amuse yourself with my new creation... Ho ho ho.
- Sonic: Hey, Knuckles, Rouge! Let's see who can take out Eggman's machine first.
- Knuckles: Drat! Eggman escaped into this forest. Now what are we going to do?
- Rouge: Take it easy, Knuckles... Think about it for a minute. Eggman must have some kind of Emerald Detector.
- Knuckles: Of course! How else could he find them? Let's go!
- Shadow: Metal Sonic, look! It's Rouge and Knuckles. We've got to beat them to the Emeralds. Metal Sonic, you follow Rouge and I'll go after Knuckles.
- Knuckles: Shadow?!
- Shadow: What are you doing here in the forest?!
- Knuckles: The Master Emerald is missing and I'm looking for it.
- Shadow: It's going to be tough to find it here.
- Knuckles: That's why we're going to use Eggman's Emerald Detector.
- Shadow: Emerald Detector, huh? Hmph. Sorry, but we can't let you two get the Emeralds.
- Knuckles: You think you can stop me? I'd like to see you try it, Shadow!
- Knuckles: Okay, Shadow, what's up! Why are you trying to get in my way?
- Shadow: I don't need to tell you anything and don't worry... I won't be here much longer.
- Knuckles: What the... ? Wait, you're not... ?
- Shadow: I'll just knock you out!
- Rouge: What a "knuckle-head"... Running off all by himself... Wha!? You're... Metal Sonic!
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Rouge: Hey, what are you doing? Stop stalking me!
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Hoh ho ho ho! Now, what do we have here? A little forest expedition?
- Rouge: So, is it true? Do you have an Emerald Detector?
- Dr. Eggman Nega: I don't know who told you, but yes... it's true.
- Rouge: Why don't you let me have a try?
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Ho ho ho! Not so fast, Rouge.
- Knuckles: Hand it over, Eggman. I'm losing my patience!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: If that' the way you feel, why not test your "patience" against my latest invention?
- Shadow: Could it be him? Come on, Metal Sonic! We've got to beat them to it!
- Rouge: Great job, Knuckles! We got the Emerald Detector! Maybe you're not as useless as I thought.
- Knuckles: Thanks a lot.
- Rouge: Look! The detector is beeping... I think we found something!
- Knuckles: It better be the Master Emerald!
- Rouge: That's strange. It's going crazy over these Chao!
- Knuckles: Don't worry about them. Let's just search the surrounding area. Come on.
- Espio: It looks like Rouge and knuckles have found two of the Chao. Should we follow them, Silver?
- Silver: Yes, here's the plan. I'll get the Chao from Knuckles. Why don't you, distract that bat-girl?
- Knuckles: The Emerald Detector ran out of juice. I need some Rings to energize it... Silver! What are you doing here? Hey, what's with getting in my face.
- Silver: I need those Chao. It's important that I have them. Now move aside.
- Knuckles: Help yourself. I need to collect some Rings to fuel this Emerald Detector.
- Silver: [?!] Okay... Thanks. I guess he's not interested in the Chao. Now to get the other Chao here.
- Knuckles: So Silver, what do you want with the Chao, anyway?
- Silver: I have to save your world or mine will be destroyed, too!
- Knuckles: What? And you think the Chao can help? You're crazy.
- Silver: I'll show you how crazy I am.
- Knuckles: Oh yeah? Bring it on!
- Rouge: Oh! You startled me, Espio. Being a chameleon can be quite an advantage.
- Espio: Indeed. That's a hand device. I see you found something valuable.
- Rouge: Just a little Chao. If it doesn't glitter, it isn't gold to me!
- Espio: If your machine was beeping, that must mean... Yes! The Chao was sitting on the Chaos Emerald.
- Rouge: Hey, give that to me!
- Espio: Not so fast! You'll have to catch me first!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Well, well. Looks like you acquired my Emerald Detector. Now, what else do you require?
- Knuckles: We still can't find the Master Emerald and I think you know where it is.
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Maybe I do and maybe I don't.
- Knuckles: Stop these games, Eggman!
- Silver: Shut up, Knuckles. I need to talk to him so just get out of here!
- Rouge: Hey, watch your mouth, kid! Don't take that tone with us!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Silence! All of you! I'll give you all a REAL reason to be upset!
- Knuckles: Drat! Eggman's vanished with a trace, and the detector isn't picking up anything at all... Any sign of the Master Emerald, Rouge? Try over by that cactus.
- Rouge: Quit bothering me so I can concentrate.
- Knuckles: Silver said something about saving the world... with the Chao? I think his ESP powers have made him a bit goofy.
- Rouge: Clearly! What powers would the Chao have to save the world? Look! The detector is beeping like crazy. Bet that means there are TWO Chaos Emeralds!
- Knuckles: Yeah, but where's the Master Emerald? Wait, here come Shadow and Metal Sonic.
- Knuckles: Metal Sonic! What are you doing here?
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Knuckles: Fine, don't say anything. If you've come for the Master Emerald, you're out of luck.
- Dr. Eggman: ... Head over to the...
- Knuckles: Huh?! Who is that? Eggman?
- Dr. Eggman: ...bad transmission... grave danger...
- Knuckles: Grave danger? Wait, Metal Sonic. Where are you going?
- Knuckles: Looks like I lost him. Well, I better collect some more Rings for this detector. What the...?
- Metal Sonic: <Order> New Target... Rings.
- Knuckles: Looks like Metal Sonic's trying to collect Rings, too! I've got to beat him!
- Rouge: Well, well, well. If it isn't Shadow.
- Shadow: Hey, Rouge. I hear you've collected some Chaos Emeralds with that handy contraption of yours.
- Rouge: Good news travels fast.
- Shadow: I can't tell you why, but I need to know how many you've found. It's really important.
- Rouge: If it's so important, maybe you should let me in on the secret. You can trust me. Really.
- Shadow: ...Fine. The truth is, someone is trying the unleash the Ifrit into our world from another dimension. The key to opening the portal to that other dimension is the seven Chaos Emeralds.
- Rouge: I see. Well, I'm certain the person that hired me to collect the Emeralds will protect them.
- Shadow: Who hired you?
- Rouge: That's strictly confidential.
- Shadow: Come back here!
- Knuckles: Rouge! Something really strange is going on.
- Rouge: You're telling me. I just learned that someone's trying to release and Infrit into our world. If this creature gets through the portal, it'll destroy our world. He might even have your precious Master Emerald. And since Shadow is looking for...
- Knuckles: Really? Then let's go find him!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: I'll save you the trouble, I'm right here. You see, you know far too much.
- Knuckles: Eggman! I knew you were wrapped up in all of this!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Hmph! This has nothing to do with you! I just need you out of the picture for now.
- Shadow: Out of my way, you two! He's mine!
- Knuckles: Shadow? Now, what's your problem?!
- Knuckles: Hey, Rouge. Why are at this spooky place?
- Rouge: I'm not sure. My client just told me I needed to be here.
- Knuckles: Your client??
- Rouge: Huh? I mean, Eggman's got to be hiding in here, don't you think?
- Knuckles: I suppose... Well, let's go then!
- Espio: There's Knuckles and Rouge. They're headed for the mansion. What should we do?
- Silver: Follow them, of course. Espio, you follow Knuckles into the mansion and I'll head off Rouge.
- Knuckles: Espio! I didn't see you come in here!
- Espio: Ability of the Chameleon...
- Knuckles: Oh, right. I don't suppose you've seen Shadow or Eggman around?
- Espio: No, why?
- Knuckles: I think one of them has the Master Emerald!
- Espio: Hmph. Why should I care? Be gone!
- Knuckles: What the...? Some help HE is... Fine! I'll collect some Rings for this detector then. I Should Race Him.
- Metal Sonic: <Display> Target Acquired.
- Knuckles: Hm? Metal Sonic! You're Eggman's creation, aren't you?
- Metal Sonic: <Display> Eliminate Target!
- Knuckles: Perfect! I'll smash you up good, and you'll lead me right back to your master!
- Rouge: Silver! What are you doing here? Looking for more Chao to save the world? Ha ha ha.
- Silver: Yes. One day you'll thank me for saving your planet.
- Rouge: How noble of you. With cute little Chao, no less. Ha ha ha.
- Silver: Just tell me where they are.
- Rouge: If you have some Chaos Emeralds I might be able to help you.
- Silver: This is serious! If I don't find the Chao in time, you won't have any use for the Emeralds!
- Rouge: I'm serious too! I never joke around when there are Emeralds at stake!
- Silver: So, are you going to help me or not?
- Rouge: I think... no. See you later, silver boy.
- Silver: Hey, come back here!
- Shadow: Eggman, Knuckles and Rouge are following me. They'll be here soon... with six Chaos Emeralds. We'll go in search of the remaining Emerald. I'll leave the rest to you.
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Well done, Shadow. I'll handle the rest. Those Chaos Emeralds are as good as mine.
- Knuckles: Shadow and Eggman, finally! Tell me where the Master Emerald is, now!
- Dr. Eggman Nega: Hee hee hee hee...uh, I have no Emerald for you! Now, Rouge. Give me the Chaos Emeralds, as promised.
- Rouge: As promised? So you're my... Sorry, I've changed my mind. The Chaos Emeralds are staying with me.
- Silver: I finally found you! Party's over!
- Knuckles: Not you again... I'm tired of you. TIRED OF ALL OD YOU!
- Rouge: We had six Chaos Emeralds! six! I've never had that many in my life! Now I won't get paid!
- Knuckles: Who did you say you were working for... Wait, did you hear that? Look, the portal is opening up!
- Rouge: Huh? But to open it, you're supposed to have all seven Emeralds... If we only had six, why is it still opening?
- Knuckles: That doesn't matter! We've got to stop it before that monster gets through! Come on!
- Rouge: Wait... What are you doing!? We can't go in there!
- Knuckles: Now's our chance. Let's go!
- Rouge: Nooo! Let go of me!
- Knuckles: Hmm. I probably should have come up with a better plan before I just barged in here. Rouge? Where are you? This area seems very unstable. I'd better get out of here and quick!
- Rouge: Knuckles must have ditched me! I'd better find him quick! Oh, and he's gonna pay for this! This place is way too hot. I'd better get a move on, fast!
- Knuckles: That creature! That must be the Ifrit! I bet Eggman stole the Master Emerald to revive that thing!
- Rouge: Huh?
- Knuckles: Rouge! There you are! What's wrong? You're too quiet.
- Rouge: ... Yes, Master. I will defeat Knuckles.
- Knuckles: What the...?! No, he... he's controlling you! I don't want to have to do this, but I have no choice. I need to get the Master Emerald back! Wait a sec. Rouge is trying to break free. But there's no time. I'll have to fight both of them.
- Knuckles: Rouge! Are you alright?
- Rouge: Yeah... sort of...
- Knuckles: Well, we won, but there's still no sight of the Master Emerald.
- Rouge: Eggman must still have it. Hey! The Emerald Detector's damaged.
- Knuckles: Wait! Look... My... my Master Emerald! It's been in this stupid device all this time? Argh!
- Rouge: You never change, do you, Knuckles? Still, you were pretty dashing and daring this time around.
- Knuckles: Huh? You really think so? I mean, I don't think I was really all that, um... Hey! Where's the detector?!
- Rouge: Nothing ever changes with you does it? Anyway, thanks for the Master Emerald!
- Knuckles: Wait! Wait you... You bat thief! Get back here!