- Editor: Richard Burton
- Design: Clare Gillmore
- Publisher: Chris Power
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Enter: Sonic"
Sonic the Hedgehog returns to the Green Hill Zone after hearing news about an evil new invention that Dr Robotnik has built in that Zone: a massive engine of destruction (referred to as a Neutrino Accelerator) that Robotnik claims has the power to crush Sonic, and which will pollute the atmosphere for a thousand years and will never need refuelling since it runs on the Golden Rings of Mobius.
In order to delay Sonic, giving the machine a chance to build to full power, Robotnik sends his Badnik army to attack the hedgehog. Sonic defeats them, rescuing the animals trapped inside. They warn Sonic that Robotnik has laid a trap for him, but Sonic assures them that Robotnik hasn't reckoned with the world's fastest hedgehog.
Sonic is then attacked by more Buzz Bombers, which he defeats, and then nearly topples into a spike pit. Luckily, he manages to bounce off a Bat Brain Badnik and jump to safety, in the process rescues Porker Lewis, a young pig who was trapped inside. Porker comments that Sonic is his hero as Sonic dashes away.
As Sonic approaches the machine, Robotnik scoffs that he is too late. Unperturbed, Sonic performs a Super Spin Attack and hits the machine "with the force of a cannon shell", utterly destroying it. Robotnik flies away in his Flying Egg, saying that he has another surprise for Sonic. The animals that Sonic freed want him to celebrate with them, but he says he has to go and look for Tails, because Sonic thinks he might be in big trouble.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (First appearance)
- Doctor Ivo Robotnik (First appearance)
- Porker Lewis (First appearance)
- Moto Bug (First appearance)
- Buzz Bomber (First appearance)
- Caterkiller (First appearance)
- Orbinaut (First appearance)
- Ball Hog (First appearance)
- Roller (First appearance)
- Burrobot (First appearance)
- Newtron (First appearance)
- Bat Brain (First appearance)
- Splats (First appearance)
- Spikes (First appearance)
- Animal friends:
- Robotnik mentions a "big surprise" he has prepared for Sonic, and Sonic mentions that Tails may be in trouble. These are both references to Sonic the Comic #2.
- This story was reprinted in Sonic the Hedgehog Beats the Badniks.
Shinobi - "The Fear Pavilion, Part 1"
- Script: Alan McKenzie
- Art: Jon Haward
- Lettering: Ellie de Ville
A ninja named Joe Musashi infiltrates the headquarters of the Neo Zeed clan of ninja assassins, searching for a girl (later revealed to be his lover, Naoko). He disables the perimeter guards and enters the pagoda.
The Legend of the Golden Axe - "Citadel of Dead Souls, Part 1"
- Script: Mark Eyles
- Art: Mike White
- Lettering: Ellita Fell
Taking place some time after the events of the game Golden Axe II, barbarian Ax-Battler, Amazon Tyris-Flare and dwarf Gilius-Thunderhead are attacked by lizardmen and minotaurs. Ax-Battler is rendered unconscious, believed dead, and the other two are captured by the lizardwoman Rigia Mortis and the sorceress Ul-Tima. They are brought before the sorcerer Blackspell, who has stolen the Golden Axe and plans to resurrect Dark Guld.
- Control Zone
- Review Zone (Tom & Jerry, Road Avenger, The Flintstones, The X-Men, James Bond - The Duel)
- News Zone
- Q Zone (Golden Axe, Golden Axe 2, Road Rash 2, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Alien 3)
- Sneak previews: