Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotions: Debbie Plummer, Jane Ballard
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
Still stuck on Shanazar, Sonic is finding his new home a harsh place to live. Yet another town has been destroyed by a quake and Sonic suspects there have been too many to be natural disasters. After helping out the townspeople, Sonic speeds off to his next adventure. Before too long, he is greeted by a massive rig in the middle of the desert. The ground starts shaking and Sonic deduces that the machine is definitely responsible. Racing up the side of the rig to have a word with the owners, Sonic discovers it to be manned by the Plax, a hive-mind race drilling for Magnaz. The hedgehog tries to persuade them not to drill, worried about the earthquakes, but he gets a fist to the face for his trouble. After trying a Spin Attack, Sonic learns that the Plax are made of Plastic-X constructs and they need to drill for Magnaz to power their factory.
When the Plax reveal that they are invulnerable and cannot be damaged by the quakes, Sonic forcibly bursts into the control room. Unfortunately, the controls are too alien to understand, so Sonic tries a more direct approach, leaping off the rig and using his speed to reverse the drill's rotation. The friction causes the whole machine to explode, ending the Plax's mission. Unscathed from the blast, they vow to have vengeance against Sonic.
- The quakes were previously seen in Sonic the Comic #158 "Bottled Up!", with the cause previously unknown.
- Despite Sonic stating he had helped the townspeople after the quake, his statement seconds earlier suggested he had only just arrived.
- Tails - "Zonerunner & The Flock, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #35)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "Bubble Trouble" (Sonic the Comic #83)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. The theme of this issue is Tekno the Canary. The winners received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Photo Zone: The Photo Zone features photographs taken by the fans of the comics in their Sonic outfits. A "Sonic Mystery Prize" was offered to the fans who sent in the pictures.
- This issue's Photo Zone was the only one to have a title, mirroring the Graphic Zone. It is also the only one not to exclusively feature pictures of readers and had three pages.
- This is one of few Sonic the Comic issues to contain only three strips.
- Issue 159 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki