Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotions: Debbie Plummer
- Promotions: Jane Ballard
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
Continuing his journey across Planet Shanazar, Sonic the Hedgehog believes he has come across a peaceful Zone, only to be disturbed by the Knightmares. The hedgehog is apparently trespassing on "the Baron's land" and takes a swipe from the leader's sword for being cheeky. Not needing to fight, Sonic turns to run but is caught in a net. Treating the captured Sonic as "sport", the scene is suddenly interrupted by the appearance of Amy Rose, who has appeared from nowhere. She explains that Tekno the Canary used the Ring of Eternity to locate Sonic - and just in time by the looks of it. Sonic attempts to convince Amy that he didn't need any help but Amy's busy setting up the homing device to get them home. When she's not looking, one of the confused horses lashes out and smashes the box, ending Amy and Sonic's chances of getting home. Furious, Sonic smashes his way out of the net and launches a Spin Attack on the horses, causing them to bow to his power and yield. They also beg for his help in fighting the Black Knight.
In the castle of the Knight's Baron, the baron explains his problem - a giant knight who plagues the lands and terrorizes the people - but Sonic isn't interested and wants to go home. Amy taunts him, wondering why he's scared of a confrontation. Just this sentence is enough for Sonic to change his mind and help. Outside, Sonic calls them wimps, wondering just how big this knight is. His question is answered by the appearance of a huge beast in armor, threatening the heroes to death. They jump out of the way of an enormous mace before Amy tries her crossbow on the knight. The bolt bounces off, but Sonic is more successful, spinning his way through the armor. They're both surprised to find the giant knight was really just armor filled with Kritturs. They explain that they hid in the armor to stop the Baron from taking what was theirs. Amy comes up with a plan; later, she returns to the castle and pretends that Sonic was killed by the knight. Fearing that even he could not beat it, the knights vow never to return to the forest again. Back outside, Amy announces a job well done but regrets the fact that her device is destroyed. Stuck on the mini planet, Sonic and Amy get ready for more adventures.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Amy Rose
- Tekno the Canary (Mentioned)
- Knight's Baron (First appearance)
- Knightmares (First appearance)
- Kritturs (First appearance)
- Sonic's World - "Face from the Past, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #51)
- Tails - "Zonerunner & The Flock, Part 2" (Sonic the Comic #36)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "The Hive, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #91)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. The theme of this issue is "Something For Summer" with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Charmy Bee enjoying the hot weather. The successful entries won a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Knuckles the Echidna pin-up by Ferran Rodriguez.
- This issue is the last to feature Debbie Plummer as one of the promotions team, who was replaced by Michelle French.
- Issue 160 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki
|This article or section about a TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!