Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotion: Michelle Brown
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Secret of the Gods"
Sonic the Hedgehog is surprised to see that Tekno the Canary has turned the Ring of Eternity into a digital television. In reality, she hassactually upgraded the Ring's capabilities so that journeys through it are no longer random, meaning destinations can actually be chosen. Tekno has selected Ancient Egypt on Earth, where the Mobians witness a slavemaster bullying a worker. Unhappy with this sight, Sonic and Amy jump into the Ring and Sonic launches a Spin Attack on the villain. The slaves are unhappy with the stranger's intervention and Amy reveals that people in Ancient Egypt used to worship gods, although she insists none are real. However, one local points to the sky, where three "deities" glide silently on their ship.
On board, Thoth reveals that an incident has occurred due to an alien. Set takes a personal craft down to the surface and orders his servants to bow to him, but Sonic is not having any of it. Set wields his Staff of Power to prove a point, but Hathor and Thoth insist they should be ruling through love and wisdom. Set lets slip that they are aliens exiled from their home planet, giving Sonic an opportunity to steal Set's staff and knock him to the ground. Realising that Set is not immortal, they decide that they need not fear him anymore and refuse to work for them. Thoth confesses that the aliens should now leave the planet, but a furious Set kills them both.
Back in the Emerald Hill Zone, Sonic and Amy greet Tekno after a successful mission. However, Set has followed them through the portal and downs Sonic with his staff. Tekno hurries to reverse the Ring's polarity, but the produced vortex is not strong enough to suck Set back through. Set proclaims that he will take over Mobius instead of Earth, but a Spin Attack from Sonic sends Set back into the Limbo Dimension. Tekno's computer equipment is also lost, ending any hopes for selective travel.
- Freedom Fighters
- Hathor (Only appearance)
- Set (Only appearance)
- Thoth (Only appearance)
- Knuckles - "The Ghost Ship, Part 4" (Sonic the Comic #77)
- Tails - "The Nameless Zone, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #16)
- Sonic - "The House on the Hill" (Sonic the Comic #126)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. This issue's theme is "Star Draws" which coincide with the film Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace. As such, the arts feature several Sonic the Comic characters wearing space and Jedi outfits. The winning pictures received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Pin-up: A Knuckles the Echidna pin-up by Richard Elson, taken from the front cover of Sonic the Comic #40.
- A Meccano Action Troopers competition
- Issue 169 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki