Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotions: Michelle Brown
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Splitzoid"
In one of the New Zones, a terrified scientist has realized his mistake by allowing Dr. Robotnik and Grimer to use his Zone's technology, witnessing the birth of Splitzoid, the latest tool to attempt to destroy Sonic. In the Emerald Hill Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog and Amy Rose have been alerted to the Ring of Eternity by Tekno the Canary. Something on the other side is ready to invade Mobius, just what they feared when the new Zones were linked to the rest of the world. Sonic leaps into the Ring to stop this menace, but is blasted by the advancing Splitzoid who appears through the portal. The hedgehog is not ready to let this latest threat beat him, so he launches a Spin Attack. Looking back at his handy work, but sees that there are now two of them. After some return fire, Amy shoots an arrow at Splitzoid One, but a new one appears. It seems that Splitzoid is programmed to replicate itself when attacked.
Wanting to get the robots from Emerald Hill Zone, Sonic somehow takes them on a mazy run to the Ice Cap Zone. One shoots at Sonic, missing, and causes an avalanche to swallow the bots up. Amy and Tekno arrive on a hover scooter to help, but Sonic has finished them off. Or, at least, he thought he had. Six Splitzoids appear from underneath the snow; the impact has caused each one to duplicate. The fight is a lot tougher now, but Amy notices they have gotten a lot slower. Tekno suggests the cold has made them sluggish, but Splitzoid One is still just as tough. Sonic comes up with a plan and gets One to follow him into the caverns. Inside, Splitzoid unwittingly speeds into an ice trap. Splitzoid Seven is created, but it is too late. Outside, the rest of the robots come to a halt and Sonic has saved the day again, with enough time for a "cool" pun.
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Freedom Fighters
- Splitzoid (Only appearance)
- The Ice Cap Zone's ice traps are a reference to the video game Sonic the Hedgehog 3, where standing under one too long would freeze the character, ultimately losing them their Rings.
- Knuckles - "The Ghost Ship, Part 5" (Sonic the Comic #78)
- Tails - "The Nameless Zone, Part 2" (Sonic the Comic #17)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "Ice Cap Attack, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #41)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. The theme of this issue is "At the Movies". In the artworks here, Sonic dresses up as several movie heroes (Tarzan, James Bond, Aladdin, etc). The winner artists receive a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Competitions to win Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie on video and "brain-teasing Chromino games."
- Issue 170 at the Sonic the Comic Wiki